The Walking Dead You’d Better Not Be Dead Yet: The Carol Thread

It was CAROL!!!!

[YT]RsPfIPZ7Utk[/YT]

Even if Rick told Tyrese, I think he'd protect Carol from any backlash. Honestly, she didn't do anything wrong. Those people were sick and going to die off sooner or later.

Another idea - maybe one of her little girls did it and she's covering up for them. The older one isn't right in the head per her little sister.

You mean like one of the girls killed them, but Carol dragged out and burned the bodies to cover it up? Interesting, but I doubt those girls had anything to do with it b/c they couldn't handle finishing off their own father when he was about to turn. Those two are still too squeamish.

Wow....carol's role is becoming more "meaty". She is no longer the chamber maid of season 2 and 3.

But what this means (ie.....carol getting a lot of screen time), is that she will eventually be one of the main cast to get written off this season (similar to andrea who also got lots of screen time in season 3).

She's gone from the least interesting, mostly wallflower character to a much more hardened and dangerous character. She has become deceptively important to the group without being obvious until now.

Becoming a teacher, helping the other group members, killing those who needed killing, protecting the children. Doing so many of those chores, all behind the scenes.

Wow....carol's role is becoming more "meaty". She is no longer the chamber maid of season 2 and 3.

But what this means (ie.....carol getting a lot of screen time), is that she will eventually be one of the main cast to get written off this season (similar to andrea who also got lots of screen time in season 3).

Perhaps. But Andrea was also almost unanimously disliked up until, and throughout, S3. I'm not seeing so much of that with Carol.

Andrea was misused by the writers and made to do stupid things like ignore Michonne and side with the Governor and so forth. Writers routinely do "character assassination" when they run out of ideas or get written into a corner--in my opinion that is what they are doing with Carol, it's an unrealistic turn for the character.

At least the show still provides thrilling action sequences...

Andrea was misused by the writers and made to do stupid things like ignore Michonne and side with the Governor and so forth. Writers routinely do "character assassination" when they run out of ideas or get written into a corner--in my opinion that is what they are doing with Carol, it's an unrealistic turn for the character.

At least the show still provides thrilling action sequences...

Except that it's not. Not even close.

One boy got sick and they lost ten people because of it. She wasn't taking chances, especially when she's now got to take care of those two girls. She's not going to let Sophia happen again. But then, of course, when people started dropping like flies with the flu, she knew it was for nothing, which is why she was getting upset.

I don't see it as character assassination. She didn't just turn into a murdering psychopath and start slaughtering people for no reason. She did what she felt like she had to do. Two people or the whole group of dozens, including little children whose dying father had made her promise to look after? Yea, it's rough, but in this kind of post-apocalyptic world, sometimes you gotta do the math.

Carol has grown into a tough, pragmatic woman who does what needs done. That's been an ongoing arc through Season 3 and increasing in this season.

No, killing and burning Karen and David didn't stop the virus, but she didn't know that at the time. Her breakdown after the chat with Tyreese was IMO part guilt and part frustration.

Frustration at the virus spreading and her not being able to stop it, and guilt at now having to live with killing two people after finding out it didn't accomplish anything.

Carol's gone in a new and unexpected direction which is rare for a character to do. That's character growth, not assassination. All through the time she's been there she has slowly been becoming a stronger person and we didn't see it because she was a secondary character.

Just because she had no defining moment of change doesn't mean she hasn't been working up to this for a very long time.

Carol went from this literal punching bag for her husband to a not-quite stone killer that will do what it takes. She is someone who sees a necessity and does it. It's already been said that she is taking care of these children. That was her final switch. To kill those two who were infected for the betterment of the group and to save the children. Then to save the group Carol went out and unclogged their only source of water in the face of zombie danger.

I can't get over how much of a better character Carol is in the TV series than she was in the comics. It's like the exact reverse of what they did with Andrea.

I just want to come in here and say that I really, really like what they've done with Carol over season three and season four so far. In the first two seasons she was barely a character at all; she was defined entirely by other people. In season one she wasn't "Carol", she was "that lady that gets beat by her husband". In season two, she wasn't "Carol", she was "that lady who lost her daughter". Being "freed" from her family allowed Carol to become a much more well-rounded and multi-dimensional character. I hope they don't **** it up somehow.

Hopefully the writers will throw some character development Daryl's way soon. Being a badass has allowed him to skate by with some pretty thin characterization thus far, and I'm beginning to become a little disinterested with him. He definitely needs to be given some depth. Either that or kill him off.

There's going to have to be a flashback or something to explain what Carol did in the last episode. Otherwise it's too big of a leap even though her character has become callous and devoted solely to survival.

I don't at all see Carol as callous. She is devoted to the group.

Despite Carol's repulsive androgyny, the middle-aged woman constantly sporting the haircut of young boy, this turn has made her mildly interesting.

But not very.

Trolls gonna troll.

The thread title (lacking maturity itself wouldn't you say?) suggests a harbour for all Carol related complaints, and for me to make a comment on her worthlessness is trolling?

I've already pointed out on several occasions how stupid this thread title is at this point in the series and have given Rowsdower plenty of **** for it.

The thread title (lacking maturity itself wouldn't you say?) suggests a harbour for all Carol related complaints, and for me to make a comment on her worthlessness is trolling?

No, the fact that your criticsms were cringe inducingly superficial is what indicates trolling.

Trolls gonna troll.

Now, now. Sawyer, you've got to stop calling people trolls just because they say something you don't like.

[BLACKOUT]"Idiot", I think might be more appropriate in this situation.[/BLACKOUT]

I was censoring myself. Don't know when a mod is watching. :o

Daryl is not gonna be happy about Carol's banishment. Assuming Rick is honest about what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"