• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

You call yourself gamers?

XwolverineX said:
I'm pretty sure he was talking about his character, not how powerfull he is.

You know it's funny someone mentions that, because around here many posters seem to behave like kindgarten toddlers arguing the superiority of their favorite superhero based on their relative power quotient rather than on elements that actually matter like backstory, personality etc. Kind of like -

"batman sucks supes/spidey would own his ass in a fight"

:down:

Phaser said:
You know it's funny someone mentions that, because around here many posters seem to behave like kindgarten toddlers arguing the superiority of their favorite superhero based on their relative power quotient rather than on elements that actually matter like backstory, personality etc. Kind of like -

That is quite true. Power and abilities mean nothing to depth when discussing character superiority (And Batman could beat Supes and Spidey:o).

Phaser said:

I hold concept up high as much as backstory or personality. That's why IMO Darkseid is better than Dr. Doom. Doom is a rehash of the same mad scientist concept that goes all the way back to the Ultra humanite, and Lex Luthor. That's why Spidey only has 6 good villians, the rest just ripoff the 6 good concepts.

Marvel is better than DC.

As Ron Burgendy says, it's science.

We'll have to send out DD for hookers. He's a lawyer he can afford it. I just hope he doesn't bring back twinks or trannies again. I've told him a 1000 times inies not outies.

lars573 said:
We'll have to send out DD for hookers. He's a lawyer he can afford it. I just hope he doesn't bring back twinks or trannies again. I've told him a 1000 times inies not outies.

Cut the guy some slack, hes blind :(

Horrorfan said:
Cut the guy some slack, hes blind :(
No he's just selfish, only bringing back what he wants. He can smell the differnce between a man and woman dammit!

Phaser said:

Yeah, it is kind of ******ed. The exact reason batman changed into the " Batgod " :rolleyes: So he could keep up with DC's other big hitters, when he was never supposed to. :o

Horrorfan said:
Marvel is better than DC.

As Ron Burgendy says, it's science.

Ron Burgundy's not very smart. you know that, right? he's actually quite a dullard. :p :D

I don't normally use this for leverage, but I'm 22 years old. I've been gaming since most of you were just a twinkle in your mother's underwear. 15 years. Out of that 15 years, you're goddamned right I've played crap games. But I've rolled with the best RPGs, Fighters, Actions, and more. With all due respect, I've paid my dues, and I honestly believe my opinions should hold a decent amount of merit, simply because of my time in "the service", as it were. I've seen the rise and fall of Acclaim, Sega, and even more recently, Working Designs [:(:(:(]. I've seen the jump from 4-bits to 8m 16, 32 and 64 and more. Practically owned a Virutal Boy for all of 20 minutes. Back home I still have a perfectly working NES complete with a decent collection like Bigfoot, Friday the 13th, Kirby's Adventure, Final Fantasy, and yes, even McKids. At the risk of sounding full of myself, I don't know why I'm not a gaming journalist.

It takes a lot to make a good game, and sadly some companies have been around forever and will NEVER learn the formula to making a phenominal game. I'll list examples later in a new thread.

Master Chief said:
I'm a gamer, but by no means hardcore. :confused: I play games to enjoy them. Sure sometimes I play to win and get achievements and whatnot, but really I'm just playing because they're fun.

That's really what it's all about, at the end of the day. That's all it ever should have been. Just a way to have fun and relax

lars573 said:
Why would any hetero male (emo's and meterosexuals don't count as hetero males) over the age of 8 want to?

And yes Eternal darkness is far and away better than Kingdom hearts, but even KH is better than that crap Resident evil (which I hate with a passion that burns with the fury of 1000 suns, movies were OK though). It's even better than Onimusha.

Finally DC>Marvel. Because the characters (especially the villians) are better.

With all due respect, have you even PLAYED the game at all? It's a harsh critisism from someone who's not played more than an hour into it. Now, if you played a Fighting Game or a shooter for about an hour, then yes, I'd let it be, but RPGs are way different. That's like reading the first 5 pages of a book, and deciding you don't like it.

I'll be the first to admit--Eternal Darkness is great. It's nice to have that fear element play into your game, which was why the game sold so well. Resident Evil isn't horrible in terms of idea, but I agree, it's not executed as well as it should have been. Kingdom Hearts is brilliant in a lot of ways that is overlooked--people often pass this game by because it's too "Kiddy", so they go to Grand Theft Auto, where the only concievable plot device is rape and kill hookers and drive bys to The Donnas.

lars573 said:
The two reasons why I'll never play KH (and infact gagged when I first heard about it) is because it's full of nausiating Disney saccariness and it's made by Square-enix. I hate Final Fantasy (save FF1), and any other game they've ever made.

The games ARE less dark toned than, say, God of War, admittedly. However, it's not that overly sweet. The kid just wants to go find his friends, and makes new ones along the way. You claim you're a man's man, yet you're too "big" to play this game. Doesn't make sense to me.

And you hate Square Enix? Okay, I'll give you that. Have you ever played Star Ocean? Illusion of Gaia? Vagrant Story? Legend of Mana? Squeenix is a lot more than just a rename of Squaresoft. Try the backlibrary of Enix Games, and some of the lesser known Square ones. The "Chrono" games, especially.

Try Star Ocean on the PS. Much better in a lot of ways.

Then you're lost, my friend. Graphics will never a good game make.

JackBauer said:
Ron Burgundy's not very smart. you know that, right? he's actually quite a dullard. :p :D

Rong Burgendy says ''NO!!!'' :down :mad:

well, at least he looks good. I mean, REALLY good.... HEY EVERYONE! COME AND SEE HOW GOOD HE LOOKS!! :D

Drakon said:
With all due respect, have you even PLAYED the game at all? It's a harsh critisism from someone who's not played more than an hour into it. Now, if you played a Fighting Game or a shooter for about an hour, then yes, I'd let it be, but RPGs are way different. That's like reading the first 5 pages of a book, and deciding you don't like it.
Played KH? LOL!! Never. I do judge entertainment products (games, movies, music, and books) by their cover. FF7 taught me that. And I learned well.

Drakon said:
I'll be the first to admit--Eternal Darkness is great. It's nice to have that fear element play into your game, which was why the game sold so well. Resident Evil isn't horrible in terms of idea, but I agree, it's not executed as well as it should have been. Kingdom Hearts is brilliant in a lot of ways that is overlooked--people often pass this game by because it's too "Kiddy", so they go to Grand Theft Auto, where the only concievable plot device is rape and kill hookers and drive bys to The Donnas.
The plot device is being a criminal scum bag. Which involves raping and killing hookers and drive buys. KH is what I don't want in a game. Thus making it crap.

Drakon said:
The games ARE less dark toned than, say, God of War, admittedly. However, it's not that overly sweet. The kid just wants to go find his friends, and makes new ones along the way. You claim you're a man's man, yet you're too "big" to play this game. Doesn't make sense to me.
Disney sacrine plot. No thanks, no thanks.

Drakon said:
And you hate Square Enix? Okay, I'll give you that. Have you ever played Star Ocean? Illusion of Gaia? Vagrant Story? Legend of Mana? Squeenix is a lot more than just a rename of Squaresoft. Try the backlibrary of Enix Games, and some of the lesser known Square ones. The "Chrono" games, especially.
No those are all JRPG's. I HATE JRPG's! I'll never play another one. They are terrible, boring, generic, and stupid. Plus I've sworn an oath never to play another game from Sqaure-enix, that isn't FF1.

just because you don't like them doesn't make it crap. hell, I hate Final Fantasy, but I can admit that, at least a few of them, aren't crap. they're just not my thing.

JackBauer said:
just because you don't like them doesn't make it crap.

That's a fundamental truth that both opionionazis Horrorfar and lars573 have a very poor understanding of. Just like movies, you prefer different games for different reasons. Of course, one might say that I too have played gestapo on this forum many a times, but as far as I recall, my arguments are mostly in defense of good games instead of lambasting them because it doesn't click well with my gaming preferences.

Not everything subscribes to the same standards of excellence. Even though I despise Japanese gaming tastes to no end, many turn-based RPGs are frankly one of the best games I've had the good fortune of experiencing.

Phaser said:
That's a fundamental truth that both opionionazis Horrorfar and lars573 have a very poor understanding of. Just like movies, you prefer different games for different reasons..

Hold on...aren't you the guy who said I had the worst taste ever, but stated it as a fact? If you would have said in your opinion, thats different, but as it stands, it makes you a hypocrite. Then you said dtr was ''wrong'' for saying Half life sucks. Yeah, if we have a poor understanding of that ''truth'', then you're the leader of our club.

With all due respect, Horrorfan, he's partially right. You're calling a game crap because it's not what you like. There's a difference between a horrible game and a game that's not your cup of tea. Personally, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE driving games, but I can give GT4 a lot of credit for being a great game in it's class, but I just don't like it. That doesn't make it a bad game. On the other hand, you guys are swearing off Japanese RPGs and "Kiddy" titles, regardless of having played them or not [usually not], simply because they're not your kind of games, so you mark them as horrible.

lars573 said:
Sabertooth isn't an X-villian. He's the arch enemy of an X-character. Not an X-villian. The hellfire club, gods they suck.
Then Why don't you list some x-villains that are clones of Mags and Apoc. Cause I sure as hell cant think of any.

I mean't the real Parallax not the retcon to appease Hal fans.

The Ultra Humanite doesn't count. Grodd was first.
Even then, there are countless intellegent monkeys in the DCU. Like Detective Chimp. Or even Titano. And no, Ultra Humanite predates Grodd. The Humanite predates Lex Freakin Luthor.

Does Hulk or Abomination?
Yes, the Hulk has actual depth. And the Abomination is up there interms of genius. Both are fully realized characters, unlike Grundy.

Dr. Doom couldn't and wouldn't be able to hold a candle to Darkseid.
In a fight? Yeah. In terms of personality, you're kidding yourself.

How many times did they ripoff Green Goblin? Even if you don't count multiple guys in the same suit you have 3 copies of the Green Goblin. Hydroman. Chance. See that doesnt even make sense. GG is a freakin legacy character. While I agree that Norman is the only Goblin thats ever been worth a damn, the point still stands. And Hydroman? Chance? When the hell was the last time anyone referrenced Chance? Hell, I'm betting most Spidey fans dont even know who he is. :o
:down :down :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"