You call yourself gamers?

Horrorfan said:
Phaser, what made more money? Batman Begins, or X3? If you can, awnser that question with no injunction or critical comment. I doubt your ego would allow it, but I will ask you to anyway.

X3 made more money. I have no problem admitting that. Because, frankly speaking, box-office reciepts have NEVER been an appropriate measure of a film's quality - they only show just how popular or mass-appeal a film has. I wholeheartedly acknowledge that X3 clicked with summer audiences more than Batman Begins did. Why? It gave them what they were asking for - mindless spectacle with a butchered plot they can enjoy with their brains turned off.

You call me shallow, I say you are a puppet. Everything you love just hAS to be adored by the critics. It's almost like you let them decide for you. I don't think I have ever seen you stand up for a film or game that you might have liked but was critically derided. You are the biggest example of elitist I can think of. You might think that's a good thing, but I think it makes you a cliche (right down to the ''unfunny'' and ''no personality as far as we can tell'' things).

Please, pull your head out of wherever it's stuck because it's seriously hampering your ability to comprehened my words. I used BB's greater critical acclaim as only one of the many points to argue the superiority of BB as a film. Never did I claim a "critics' seal of approval" as a foremost requirement for a film to be good. And secondly, perhaps you failed to notice that I mentioned RT's User Review Score of 94% and IMDB's rating of 8.4 which gives BB 81st position in IMDB's Top 250 Films of All-Time, which are voted by users and NOT critics.

That alone shows that I don't put stock in critics' opinion alone as you so inanely claim.

You're like a critical robot. You seem to decide if a movie is good or not based on the reviews, and what other people tell you is good, not because you actually like it.

^Nothing but asinine assumptions. I am actually one of the most vocal and outspoken defender of my opinion for liking BB on these boards, and rarely do I do it by bringing up the critics. And if you manage to take a look at your own posts that I've replied to in this very thread, you'll notice that I brought up critics' opinion only once for X3 and once for BB, and that too along with their user-review scores. Why exactly did I bring them up? Because the general consensus amongst both critics AND movie-goers is that BB is not overrated like you so inanely claim. Otherwise, the film would only have gotten a high score from only ONE of the two camps.

See, I can see Gammy and WHF liking it. They are witty and funny guys, but not everything they love is the critics latest darling. But you? You are unfunny, about as sharp as a rubber band and everything you like is loved by the critics. You seem like a lemming, for all intents and purposes. It wouldn't even be so bad if you had a shred of personality or wit to add to your posts. I disagree with Lars but it can be enjoyable because he can be funny and entertaining. You? In all my years on messageboards, you have to be the single dullest person I have ever known. I don't mean that as an insult, or to be mean, it's a fact.

I'm not here to entertain you. I am here to speak my mind on whatever topic of the thread I am posting in. Forgive me for not giving a **** that you cry yourself to sleep after reading my posts that simply weren't "fun" enough for you. Boo-freakin-hoo.

I don't mean any of this to be taken too personally, but it's just what I have seen from you so far. I'm not saying it to try and argue or get a rise out of you, but you just seem so cookie cutter in your opinion of movies, so predctible, its just a bit boring. Thats not totally fair since I dont know everything you like, but its just what I have seen of you so far.

So you actually admit the fact that you know very little about me despite making a lot of judgemental comments in this thread (which practically renders all that you said about me quite meaningless)? Wow, you must be too big an illiterate fool to understand the very concept of self-contradiction.

I think you need to get your nose out of the critics ass, wipe off the brown and THINK for yourself and form your own opinions. I doubt you will ever do that, but as long as you are the puppet of the critics, you will not truly be yourself. You are letting others think for you. I also think it's shallow and lame for someone to measure depth and intelligence by the type of movies one likes, but to me, thats just insecurity on the person's own part, who needs validation for the movies you like. Me? I need no validation for anything I like.

Again, please stop with these jackass assumptions. Critics have panned on a fair number of films that I liked, such as The Matrix Reloaded and Passion of the Christ, while they have also praised films that I dislike such as Star Wars Episode III and Brokeback Mountain. That's just a bare few films off the top of my mind and I'm sure there are MANY more (because I don't make it a point to memorize the review scores of every film I see, those 4 are just what stick out the most in my memory at the moment).

I love X3 as a movie. But I am also glad it made more than Batman Begins, if only to piss off people like you. You deal in facts? Well, it IS a fact that X3 outgrossed Batman Begins. I love that it bothers you so much. If X3 hadn't made as much, I would still love the movie, but knowing it upsets you is the icing on a very sweet cake (and I do know it bothers you ;) )

What bothers is me idiots and their brainless farts about X3 making as much money as it did because it was that good a film. But then again, I can only give a damn about the ramblings of such thickheads for so long. Then it becomes a simple matter of dogs and their barking.

Horrorfan said:
I didn't ask some noob to come in and get involved in something when I

(a) could not give a **** bout said noob's *****ing

and

(b) was not even speaking to you.

I was talking to phaser, noob. Jog on.

Oh, noob. That's real original. :rolleyes:

How long did it take you to think up that doosy of an insult? I am now humbled by your posting greatness. Be merciful, oh Master.

For someone who thinks so highly of his own ego and intelligence, you sure can't come up with anything to reflect such claims. So what? I don't have many posts at this forum. I probably have thousands of more posts at other forums than you do.

Damn, your mental stock is dropping faster than your balls.

Phaser, you seem boring and deathly dull. That's not MY fault you show not only any passion, but no personality, wit or anything else that would make up for the fact you seem like a hollow void of a person. You could be the most fun loving, un boring person in the universe offline, but all I have seen you is the pompus, up his own ass **** who's biggest and only personality trait seems to be that he's a prick. You can't blame me for that. This is from only what I know of you. What else can I judge you on?

What you said was fairly idiotic as well. If most people didn'tlike BB, it would NOT be overrated. So you arguing that people like it so it can't be overrated is one of the strangest, most illogical things I have ever heard. I think you need to learn what overrated actually means.

Extromaniac said:
Oh, noob. That's real original. :rolleyes:

How long did it take you to think up that doosy of an insult? I am now humbled by your posting greatness. Be merciful, oh Master.

For someone who thinks so highly of his own ego and intelligence, you sure can't come up with anything to reflect such claims. So what? I don't have many posts at this forum. I probably have thousands of more posts at other forums than you do.

Damn, your mental stock is dropping faster than your balls.
hey once my balls do drop, does that mean you will stop coming on to me?

Horrorfan said:
hey once my balls do drop, does that mean you will stop coming on to me?

Nice one, if you're still stuck in the sixth grade. :o

Whatever, I have neither the time nor the energy to argue with someone that's as idiotic as yourself. I don't know, maybe you'll prove me wrong.

Extromaniac said:
Nice one, if you're still stuck in the sixth grade. :o

Whatever, I have neither the time nor the energy to argue with someone that's as idiotic as yourself. I don't know, maybe you'll prove me wrong.

I am stuck in the sixth grade :(

It's not fun.

Horrorfan said:
Phaser, you seem boring and deathly dull. That's not MY fault you show not only any passion, but no personality, wit or anything else that would make up for the fact you seem like a hollow void of a person. You could be the most fun loving, un boring person in the universe offline, but all I have seen you is the pompus, up his own ass **** who's biggest and only personality trait seems to be that he's a prick. You can't blame me for that. This is from only what I know of you. What else can I judge you on?

Wow, talk about incessant whining. You really hate me don't you? And here you were making absurd claims that what your words bother me? Let's not even consider the fact that since the last two posts you've barely spoken anything relevant about the argument at hand and instead, detoured off into a completely pointless (not to mention downright amusing) rant regarding the oceans of tears you've shed after reading my every line. Let's not even consider the fact that your personal character is far too worthless to be worth any more than a mere few seconds of my time, although I do have an idea now how much a pansy, sobbing little b***h you really are.

Oooh, look at those ears go red, the eyes burning with fury, the cheeks going "plump"...I can almost picture the little crybaby yelling obscenities at his computer screen.

Ah yes, I love being a prick to those who can't handle it. ;) :up:

What you said was fairly idiotic as well. If most people didn'tlike BB, it would NOT be overrated. So you arguing that people like it so it can't be overrated is one of the strangest, most illogical things I have ever heard. I think you need to learn what overrated actually means.

Read my post dumbass. I said something about people giving BB "high scores", not disliking it. Uneducated idiot.

Extromaniac has to be a returning poster :o

Phaser said:
Wow, talk about incessant whining. You really hate me don't you? And here you were making absurd claims that what your words bother me? Let's not even consider the fact that since the last two posts you've barely spoken anything relevant about the argument at hand and instead, detoured off into a completely pointless (not to mention downright amusing) rant regarding the oceans of tears you've shed after reading my every line. Let's not even consider the fact that your personal character is far too worthless to be worth any more than a mere few seconds of my time, although I do have an idea now how much a pansy, sobbing little b***h you really are.

Oooh, look at those ears go red, the eyes burning with fury, the cheeks going "plump"...I can almost picture the little crybaby yelling obscenities at his computer screen.

Ah yes, I love being a prick to those who can't handle it. ;) :up:

Read my post dumbass. I said something about people giving BB "high scores", not disliking it. Uneducated idiot.

What ******ed country are you in where you don't understand what overrated means? YOU said that it isn't overrated, because people like it. In the real world-verse, which you apparently don't live in, something is overrated WHEN it's liked by many when it's really not as good as they say it is. In fact, if no one liked it, it fails the entire definition of overrated. I used to credit you with some intligence before that statement, which is the dumbest I had read for some time.

LOL I don't hate you Phaser....its just it seems your only trait is being a massive scrotum sucker. You have no humour, no personality, nothing....if you were any more two dimensional, you'd be a street fighter character.

I don't hate you, you don't make me mad....it's just very tragic for you that your ONLY characteristic seems to be that you are a prick (I have a good feeling Im not the only one who has said this to you before as well). It's sad, really....there's nothing else to you :(

PHASER and HORRORFAN.

I'm freaking serious here.

You two WILL act like friends.

You two WILL stop bickering.

You two WILL get along henceforth.

If I am not understood, I will beat your candy asses until the message gets through. You guys are way too cool to be degraded into ceaseless pissing contests. There is so much more you can do for this "community", and you **** sucking mother ****s have to know that.

WhatsHisFace said:
PHASER and HORRORFAN.

I'm freaking serious here.

You two WILL act like friends.

You two WILL stop bickering.

You two WILL get along henceforth.

If I am not understood, I will beat your candy asses until the message gets through. You guys are way too cool to be degraded into ceaseless pissing contests. There is so much more you can do for this "community", and you **** sucking mother ****s have to know that.

OK I'll be good :(

I accept a ceasefire. Phaser, I apologise if anything I said offended you.

I was probably a bit too harsh, as I do enjoy some of your posts (ie the ones that arent bashing x3 :p). But I'm cool if you are.

Axid said:
Extromaniac has to be a returning poster :o

Nah, I've just watched alot of the posts and threads here for a few months. That's what happens when you have a sibling that is a part of these boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"