You call yourself gamers?

Addendum said:
**** star power. It means nothing. I focus on the acting ability, not how many damned magazine covers they get

I know it sucks, but it helps bring in money which is why X3 made so much. Read what my posts, goddammit.

Addendum said:
Money doesn't equate quality

Tell that to Horrorfan, who thinks X3 made that much money because it's oh-so-good. :down:

Spidey-Bat said:
Honestly, have you even read anything I've posted?
Yes, and I don't consider "star power" as a major factor in what constitutes quality acting or quality films.

The general public in the US may, but **** them.

Addendum said:
Yes, and I don't consider "star power" as a major factor in what constitutes quality acting or quality films.

The general public in the US may, but **** them.

No. If you did, you'd know why I brought up star power. Star Power=more $ at the B.O.

Phaser said:
Tell that to Horrorfan, who thinks X3 made that much money because it's oh-so-good. :down:

Oh I am just glad X3 beat out batman begins :)

I do think it deserved the money, but its nice to see Batman get pwned ''X 3'', as you put it ;)

Wow Phaser, even with that much critical support, it STILL couldn't best X3 at the BO. That's pretty humiliating for old bats if you ask me.

Plus, if you can say that's why X3 made money, I will counter with not only was Batman the fifth Batman movie, direct sequel or no, but it had Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Michael Cane, Morgan Freeman, and other big names in the cast, so thats why it made as much as it did.Hell Fantastic Four made nearly as much with no big box office stars and as the first movie in a series.

Hey, WHF, I like you and all, but even you have to admit Superman has been a MASSIVE dissapointment in terms of box office (especially as its budget is rumoured, all in all, to have cost well more than $400 million with all the restarts and what not). $250 mill worldwide so far for a film that big is a huge disappointment.

You know what's a FACT phaser?

X3 made more money than Batman Begins.

Now that, my friend, is a true fact :)

I'm sorry, but how much money a movie makes means nothing other than what kind of PR guys they have or how many times the general audience sees the movie. And God knows they are capable of flocking the theaters to see crap. Actual turds on film.

Some of the greatest movies ever have been box office flops or disappointments :down

Gammy v.2 said:
I'm sorry, but how much money a movie makes means nothing other than what kind of PR guys they have or how many times the general audience sees the movie. And God knows they are capable of flocking the theaters to see crap. Actual turds on film.

Some of the greatest movies ever have been box office flops or disappointments :down

So really, it tracks the level of interest in a movie and how many people will pay to see it in theatres.

For me, it's totally justice X3 made more money than BB and SR. The critics wanted to hate it from the moment singer lefted, and would have hated it whatever unless singer came back to it. So I am glad it made more because it shows that critics opinions mean pretty much jack ****.

Horrorfan said:
So really, it tracks the level of interest in a movie and how many people will pay to see it in theatres.

For me, it's totally justice X3 made more money than BB and SR. The critics wanted to hate it from the moment singer lefted, and would have hated it whatever unless singer came back to it. So I am glad it made more because it shows that critics opinions mean pretty much jack ****.

I still think you're super :( :up:

Horrorfan said:
Oh I am just glad X3 beat out batman begins :)

Giddy with glee like a little girl...

I do think it deserved the money, but its nice to see Batman get pwned ''X 3'', as you put it ;)

Batman gets a great film with decent box office reciepts, while X-Men get a degraded, ****ty sequel that wasted and pissed on one of the greatest comic book storylines ever written and made a lot of money. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who got the better deal - and it sure as hell ain't X-men.

Oh and let's not forget, every major box-office review site lists BB's BO run as the most impressive out of all the summer tentpoles with the greatest multipliers and very low weekend drops. The fact that it made it's way to well above 200 million from such a mere, modest and humble start of 15 million is proof of that.

Wow Phaser, even with that much critical support, it STILL couldn't best X3 at the BO. That's pretty humiliating for old bats if you ask me.

Critical support has rarely worked wonders for a film at the BO. Please, educate yourself before making ignorant statements.

And just so you know, almost 90% of the greatest films ever made made less than 100 million during their theatrical run. This shows that the general public doesn't know a **** about good cinema, but rather only entertaining cinema that is mired with the usual mass-appeal ingredients of cliches like sexuality and mindless action. :down:

Plus, if you can say that's why X3 made money, I will counter with not only was Batman the fifth Batman movie, direct sequel or no, but it had Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Michael Cane, Morgan Freeman, and other big names in the cast, so thats why it made as much as it did.Hell Fantastic Four made nearly as much with no big box office stars and as the first movie in a series.

The BB cast had actors that weren't superstars. Sure, they are respected actors, but they don't exactly put fill up seats in theatres. In fact, Bale was pretty much an actor with only a cult following at most. Liam Neeson, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are nearing the end of their careers. If the public doesn't give a damn about a big a name as Harrison Ford right now, then they sure as hell won't give a damn about older geezers.

You know what's a FACT phaser?

X3 made more money than Batman Begins.

Now that, my friend, is a true fact :)

You know what matters, Horrorfan?

Batman Begins is a much better film than X3.

Now that, my friend, is what ultimately matters. :)

If you are so pathetically shallow as to be content with a mediocre film simply because it made more money, then by all means help yourself.

Phaser said:
Giddy with glee like a little girl...

Batman gets a great film with decent box office reciepts, while X-Men get a degraded, ****ty sequel that wasted and pissed on one of the greatest comic book storylines ever written and made a lot of money. Anyone with half a brain can figure out who got the better deal - and it sure as hell ain't X-men.

Oh and let's not forget, every major box-office review site lists BB's BO run as the most impressive out of all the summer tentpoles with the greatest multipliers and very low weekend drops. The fact that it made it's way to well above 200 million from such a mere, modest and humble start of 15 million is proof of that.

Critical support has rarely worked wonders for a film at the BO. Please, educate yourself before making ignorant statements.

And just so you know, almost 90% of the greatest films ever made made less than 100 million during their theatrical run. This shows that the general public doesn't know a **** about good cinema, but rather only entertaining cinema that is mired with the usual mass-appeal ingredients of cliches like sexuality and mindless action. :down:

The BB cast had actors that weren't superstars. Sure, they are respected actors, but they don't exactly put fill up seats in theatres. In fact, Bale was pretty much an actor with only a cult following at most. Liam Neeson, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are nearing the end of their careers. If the public doesn't give a damn about a big a name as Harrison Ford right now, then they sure as hell won't give a damn about older geezers.

You know what matters, Horrorfan?

Batman Begins is a much better film than X3.

Now that, my friend, is what ultimately matters. :)

If you are so pathetically shallow as to be content with a mediocre film simply because it made more money, then by all means help yourself.

Phaser, what made more money? Batman Begins, or X3? If you can, awnser that question with no injunction or critical comment. I doubt your ego would allow it, but I will ask you to anyway.

You call me shallow, I say you are a puppet. Everything you love just hAS to be adored by the critics. It's almost like you let them decide for you. I don't think I have ever seen you stand up for a film or game that you might have liked but was critically derided. You are the biggest example of elitist I can think of. You might think that's a good thing, but I think it makes you a cliche (right down to the ''unfunny'' and ''no personality as far as we can tell'' things).

You're like a critical robot. You seem to decide if a movie is good or not based on the reviews, and what other people tell you is good, not because you actually like it.

See, I can see Gammy and WHF liking it. They are witty and funny guys, but not everything they love is the critics latest darling. But you? You are unfunny, about as sharp as a rubber band and everything you like is loved by the critics. You seem like a lemming, for all intents and purposes. It wouldn't even be so bad if you had a shred of personality or wit to add to your posts. I disagree with Lars but it can be enjoyable because he can be funny and entertaining. You? In all my years on messageboards, you have to be the single dullest person I have ever known. I don't mean that as an insult, or to be mean, it's a fact.

I don't mean any of this to be taken too personally, but it's just what I have seen from you so far. I'm not saying it to try and argue or get a rise out of you, but you just seem so cookie cutter in your opinion of movies, so predctible, its just a bit boring. Thats not totally fair since I dont know everything you like, but its just what I have seen of you so far.

I think you need to get your nose out of the critics ass, wipe off the brown and THINK for yourself and form your own opinions. I doubt you will ever do that, but as long as you are the puppet of the critics, you will not truly be yourself. You are letting others think for you. I also think it's shallow and lame for someone to measure depth and intelligence by the type of movies one likes, but to me, thats just insecurity on the person's own part, who needs validation for the movies you like. Me? I need no validation for anything I like.

I love X3 as a movie. But I am also glad it made more than Batman Begins, if only to piss off people like you. You deal in facts? Well, it IS a fact that X3 outgrossed Batman Begins. I love that it bothers you so much. If X3 hadn't made as much, I would still love the movie, but knowing it upsets you is the icing on a very sweet cake (and I do know it bothers you ;) )

Horrorfan said:
Phaser, what made more money? Batman Begins, or X3? If you can, awnser that question with no injunction or critical comment. I doubt your ego would allow it, but I will ask you to anyway.

You call me shallow, I say you are a puppet. Everything you love just hAS to be adored by the critics. It's almost like you let them decide for you. I don't think I have ever seen you stand up for a film or game that you might have liked but was critically derided. You are the biggest example of elitist I can think of. You might think that's a good thing, but I think it makes you a cliche (right down to the ''unfunny'' and ''no personality as far as we can tell'' things).

You're like a critical robot. You seem to decide if a movie is good or not based on the reviews, and what other people tell you is good, not because you actually like it.

See, I can see Gammy and WHF liking it. They are witty and funny guys, but not everything they love is the critics latest darling. But you? You are unfunny, about as sharp as a rubber band and everything you like is loved by the critics. You seem like a lemming, for all intents and purposes. It wouldn't even be so bad if you had a shred of personality or wit to add to your posts. I disagree with Lars but it can be enjoyable because he can be funny and entertaining. You? In all my years on messageboards, you have to be the single dullest person I have ever known. I don't mean that as an insult, or to be mean, it's a fact.

I think you need to get your nose out of the critics ass, wipe off the brown and THINK for yourself and form your own opinions. I doubt you will ever do that, but as long as you are the puppet of the critics, you will not truly be yourself. You are letting others think for you. I also think it's shallow and lame for someone to measure depth and intelligence by the type of movies one likes, but to me, thats just insecurity on the person's own part, who needs validation for the movies you like. Me? I need no validation for anything I like.

I love X3 as a movie. But I am also glad it made more than Batman Begins, if only to piss off people like you. You deal in facts? Well, it IS a fact that X3 outgrossed Batman Begins. I love that it bothers you so much. If X3 hadn't made as much, I would still love the movie, but knowing it upsets you is the icing on a very sweet cake (and I do know it bothers you ;) )

If one movie outgrosses another, it doesn't mean that movie is BETTER, per se. If the movie is pretty cruddy compared to expectations (like X3 was) then it usually means that the fans are more gullible or it's format appeals to a larger fan base : / If you went by that logic, almost every kiddie movie would be better than every superhero movie : /

Extromaniac said:
If one movie outgrosses another, it doesn't mean that movie is BETTER, per se. If the movie is pretty cruddy compared to expectations (like X3 was) then it usually means that the fans are more gullible or it's format appeals to a larger fan base : / If you went by that logic, almost every kiddie movie would be better than every superhero movie : /

I don't know how much clearer I can put this.....

I would love x3 no matter how much it made. I htought it was easily the best of the trilogy. more character, more heart and more intense. You could tell brett loves the comics and isn't just some hired hand who reads a couple of back issues and thinks ''job done''.

but it is VERY satisying to me that it made so much, if only to show that the public care more about x men than batman or superman or whatever dc is trying to half ass these days.

I am glad because it turned out a great movie, and the fact it made so much is just a very sweet bonus.

are we clear yet?

Horrorfan said:
I don't know how much clearer I can put this.....

I would love x3 no matter how much it made. I htought it was easily the best of the trilogy. more character, more heart and more intense. You could tell brett loves the comics and isn't just some hired hand who reads a couple of back issues and thinks ''job done''. Actually, you could tell that Rattner really didn't ever read the comics, or really put much thought into it for the ones who did. The sentinel was a joke, he totally ruined both the cure AND the Phoenix storyline, he castrated Wolvie and made the character another Cyke. : / He also killed off a handful of main characters for the hell of it. If he read the comics and actually was a fan, he wouldn't have done so. That's what you call pandering to Hollywood, not the fans. Apparently, to Rattner, you can mutilate whatever you want, if it's in the name of Hollywood glamour.

but it is VERY satisying to me that it made so much, if only to show that the public care more about x men than batman or superman or whatever dc is trying to half ass these days. BB was actually a great movie, despite what you say. It was just the right amount of dark and brooding that was the universe of Batman. Just because you love Marvel doesn't mean you have to diss on everything DC. There is a middle-ground you know. Superman wasn't as action-oriented as I would hope, but it was still a great addition to the series anyways. He made the characters more than 2-Dimensional. I can't say the same about Rattner and any other film he's created.

I am glad because it turned out a great movie, and the fact it made so much is just a very sweet bonus.

are we clear yet?

Yes, I think it has been made quite clear. :down

Extromaniac said:
Yes, I think it has been made quite clear. :down

I don't care about the whiney *****es who complain about x3. but it is nice to know that x3 making more upsets them so.

Doesn't upset me at all. I could care less, really.

I just don't agree with your analysis of Rattner's iteration's mythical superiority when compared to Singer. : /

I liked the first one, thought the second was ok, and won't bother with the third.

The last Marvel movie I liked was Hulk

Extromaniac said:
Doesn't upset me at all. I could care less, really.

I just don't agree with your analysis of Rattner's iteration mythical superiority when compared to Singer. : /

But I don't care what you think, it makes no difference to me....so it was kinda pointless bringing it up.

Extromaniac said:
I suppose I can say the same to you.

so if you dont care about what i say and vice versa, what was the point of posting?

Horrorfan said:
so if you dont care about what i say and vice versa, what was the point of posting?

Because when there's a point to be contested, I can't say silent.

I must pose the same question to you, as well.

Extromaniac said:
Because when there's a point to be contested, I can't say silent.

I must pose the same question to you, as well.

I didn't ask some noob to come in and get involved in something when I

(a) could not give a **** bout said noob's *****ing

and

(b) was not even speaking to you.

I was talking to phaser, noob. Jog on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member