You Fat Basta'ds!

TNC9852002

Banned User
Reaction score
What is eaten in one week -
a very interesting comparison from all over the world!

Take a good look at the diet of a typical family in each country and the cost of what is eaten in one week.

Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily
Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11
sciqt1.jpg

Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07
germ.jpg

United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week $341.98
nor.jpg

Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca
Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09

mex.jpg

Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna
Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27
pol.jpg

Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo
Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 Egyptian Pounds or $68.53
eg.jpg

Ecuador: The Ayme family of Tingo
Food expenditure for one week: $31.55
ecu.jpg

Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village
Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03
bhuy.jpg

Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp
Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23

chd.jpg

-TNC

Americans are such pigs. I'm going to move to Germany so I can be an alcoholic instead.

Alot of that seems to be what foods are eaten though, and not so much quantity. The Mexican family and Itallian family have easily as much as the Americans do. And the Germans have so much alcohol there I'm surprised they could even stand up straight for the picture...

I was stationed germany. my sweet and lovely ex girlfriend 's mother would cook dinner and make these oversized proportions . alot of the older folk are fat and can consume alchohol like no other.

Americans are such pigs. I'm going to move to Germany so I can be an alcoholic instead.

Germany was 500 a week, America was below 400 a week. Germany is fat pigs.

i want to get all that food and shove it into the last picture.

it's great to see all we americans eat is generally fast food and drink sodas

Germany was 500 a week, America was below 400 a week. Germany is fat pigs.

Yeah...see, I was kinda referring to the amount and types of the food show. Not how much it costs.

Bullet- think it's highly cliche, unless there are families like the ones in the picture? I think America is a frozen food culture, not a bk culture.

And didn't really look at the pics until now, just prices.

LOL the Americans food is hilarious its all junk, pretty much everyone else has a huge amount of veggies and fruit

Look at all the bread that the Italian family has...Jesus.

500 bucks a week for food for ONE family? I spend roughly $100 per week for two people...

1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09

Dayum! :eek:

Bullet- think it's highly cliche, unless there are families like the ones in the picture? I think America is a frozen food culture, not a bk culture.

It looks pretty accurate based on most of the families I know.

All of that food looks great.

Did anyone else notice that most of the food in the American picture is in packages while most of the other food in the other pictures has been cooked/taken out of the packages? Or do we just have a lot more packaged food than other places? Granted, we seem to have more junk food laid out than the other places.

Interesting note: everyone but Chad has bananas. It's hard to spot in the American photo, but they're right in front of the juice bottles, to the left of the Motts apple sauce. The Polish family has their bananas on the same table as the M&Ms, lemons, and candy bars.

You also have to take economies and food prices into account, when looking at this. The family from Bhutan has just as much (if not more) food as the family from Ecuador.

Those pictures as a representation of a Country seems to not show everything. I know Amrican families with diets taht do not include McD and take away Pizzas every week. Plus the Italian picture includes very little wines. And where are the French....

Those pictures as a representation of a Country seems to not show everything. I know Amrican families with diets taht do not include McD and take away Pizzas every week. Plus the Italian picture includes very little wines. And where are the French....

The average American family is not on a diet. The average Italian family probably does not consume several bottles of wine of week. You do understand, this is depicting the "average" family, not every family in each respective country? :huh:

i want to get all that food and shove it into the last picture.

Yes, let's give everything we have to the poor so WE CAN BE POOR!!! Then we can either starve to death or wait for some sorry sap to give all their food to us!!!

You want to help the poor, fast. I've had two seperate lengthy fasts in my life. One lasted 17 days and the other 21. In those 38 days I probably saved enough food to feed a small village for a year. I'm done saving the poor.

Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07
germ.jpg

United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week $341.98
nor.jpg

The Germans look kind of mad.:cmad:

Speaking as a cook, the Germans definitely have the more desireable kitchen. I've recently gotten good at cooking with fresh vegetables and spices so the German kitchen looks great.

It doesn't help that all the other pics seem to be nicely organized and the Americans seem to be - A MESS! I wonder if that was done intentionally?

Even more, the Germans have a vat's worth of alcohol. Good to know that the country my ancestors are from is kickin' ash.:grin: Proud to be part German!:grin:

This is so interesting, wow! Americans do eat a whole lot though eh, us Aussies I don't think do really. Americans and their portions are out of control.

I spend less than £20 a week on food, 40 dollars

why does everyone else consume so freaking much????

hahaha, look at all the fruits and vegetables the other families of the world consume, and all the packaged garbage the American family eats :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"