You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

Just from little we've been given, I can tell she's got this nailed. She's going to be a wonderful Doctor, I never doubted she wouldn't be but it's great to have that 'feel'.

Just from little we've been given, I can tell she's got this nailed. She's going to be a wonderful Doctor, I never doubted she wouldn't be but it's great to have that 'feel'.

Absolutely right. I hugely miss Matt Smith to this day, but am looking forward to how Jodie does with it, and hoping I’ll enjoy watching again.

He was awful to begin with, and worked up to mediocre by the end.

They tried to push a 1960s Doctor onto a 21st century world, and the plunging ratings showed that it failed.

I'm hoping Jodie is more akin to Tennant and Smith than she is to Capaldi. The show might get more popular again if she is.
Smith was not like Tennant. Smith had more in common with Eccleston then Tennant, was was a romantic lead.

The 12th is my favorite, followed closely by the 11th. I have loved all the NuWho Doctors though. But the 12th's grumpiness, his growing more tender as his time going along, and his general interaction with people is my favorite Doctor stuff. Also his relationship with Clara. That will always be special to me. If they hadn't detached Amy as much as they did from the 11th, that would have been close imo. But after series 5, it mostly felt distant to me.

Oh for goodness sake. I realize that the line between teaser and trailer is sometimes blurred in this day and age but this is a proper TEASER

[YT]CPmeUGuix00[/YT]

This is a trailer. It has actual footage from episodes that have been completed

[YT]RYIu7Qlqh4M[/YT]

Oh for goodness sake. I realize that the line between teaser and trailer is sometimes blurred in this day and age but this is a proper TEASER

[YT]CPmeUGuix00[/YT]

This is a trailer. It has actual footage from episodes that have been completed

[YT]RYIu7Qlqh4M[/YT]

Thank you. The 'Trip of a lifetime' was the Series One trailer shown more or less on a daily basis for a good 3 weeks and right up until the day before the broadcast of Rose, teasers don't do this.
The short 30 second one we saw back in January 2005 was the teaser.
This DB guy never ever admits to when they is wrong. After receiving a couple of PMs I've been told that's probably why he's been banned from most online forums.

[edit] Ah, I see that he's now had a temporary ban from here too.

Last edited:

Totally agree. She's going to be amazing. I love that it looks like 13's going to be a tinkerer like Jon Pertwee.

The full panel from SDCC (59 minutes)

[YT]37IaSv5bZPI[/YT]

Facts are inconvienent when you make generalized statements that are meant to back up your otherwise flawed arguement.

You can tell the level of Chibnall secrecy by how quiet this thread has got now everybody has finished discussing the stuff that was reported from the SDCC panel.

You can tell the level of Chibnall secrecy by how quiet this thread has got now everybody has finished discussing the stuff that was reported from the SDCC panel.

Chibnall's certainly trying to keep a tight lid on things, I hope we can make it to the series premiere without anything major getting spoiled.

Also for anyone that is interested the Character Options toy for the new Sonic Screwdriver is up for pre-order on the Amazon UK site, another version of it is also available on Hot Topic's website.

Last edited:
Chibnall's certainly trying to keep a tight lid on things, I hope we can make it to the series premier without anything major getting spoiled.

I don't think he needs to keep things quite so secret. Why can't he reveal the odd thing, such as the writers working on the new series?

So we have our first look at the new Tardis interior, not a full shot of it, just one that shows the entrance and the walls near it, and another shot that shows an obscured look at the floor, console, and opposite wall through a doorway with some crew in it. I've spoilered them separately just in case anyone wants to see part of it but not spoil its appearance too much.

First shot with entrance and wall
FJWmZKN.jpg

Second shot with obscured view of floor, console, and opposite wall.
l8zVl4d.jpg

Today I watched the Tom Baker WHO story SHADA. This is the one that wasn't completed due to a strike at the BBC. They recently completed the missing parts with animation, sound effects, and the actors that are still living voicing their characters. BBC America has it ON DEMAND....it's 2hrs and 6 mins long, and goes in and out from live action to animation and back again. I really liked how at the end [BLACKOUT]they had the Tom Baker of today film a bit in costume.[/BLACKOUT]

My daughter is quite the Whovian.....she loved the show, thought the animation was really good. I have all my Who series and movies in their original boxes. When I finalized the DVD for this and put it in a blank box, she said she wanted to make a cover for it. She got all her art material together, grabbed her laptop to look up photo references, and headed for her room. She's a happy little girl.

So we have our first look at the new Tardis interior, not a full shot of it, just one that shows the entrance and the walls near it, and another shot that shows an obscured look at the floor, console, and opposite wall through a doorway with some crew in it. I've spoilered them separately just in case anyone wants to see part of it but not spoil its appearance too much.

First shot with entrance and wall
FJWmZKN.jpg

Second shot with obscured view of floor, console, and opposite wall.
l8zVl4d.jpg

I find the first shot more promising than the second. The first reminds me of the Peter Capaldi titles, and it has a nice steampunk feel. The second makes the console room look too pink, and I don't want the TARDIS to be 'This is the girl's one'.

Today I watched the Tom Baker WHO story SHADA. This is the one that wasn't completed due to a strike at the BBC. They recently completed the missing parts with animation, sound effects, and the actors that are still living voicing their characters. BBC America has it ON DEMAND....it's 2hrs and 6 mins long, and goes in and out from live action to animation and back again. I really liked how at the end [BLACKOUT]they had the Tom Baker of today film a bit in costume.[/BLACKOUT]

My daughter is quite the Whovian.....she loved the show, thought the animation was really good. I have all my Who series and movies in their original boxes. When I finalized the DVD for this and put it in a blank box, she said she wanted to make a cover for it. She got all her art material together, grabbed her laptop to look up photo references, and headed for her room. She's a happy little girl.

I really think Charles Norton and his team do an amazing job with the animations. Both Power of the Daleks and Shada are incredible, and remain the best animated Classic Who available on physical media.

I have a feeling that the new series will air in either September or October. Honestly I hope The Daleks are given a break and not in this series but I'm not holding my breath.

Based on the trailer I have a feeling that Jodie Whittaker will do a great job as the Doctor and I like the optimistic/lighthearted vibe from her (similar to Troughton and Smith). Peter Capaldi is a fine actor but I could never really connect to his Doctor and I'm not really a fan of the Doctor being cold/distant towards people in general. Fair play to Chibnall for not spoiling anything too major as the BBC messed up the series 10 finale by revealing that Saxon Master will be back.

I have a feeling that the new series will air in either September or October.
Rumour has it they were ahead of schedule during the production stage, so it could be September. I hope it is.
Honestly I hope The Daleks are given a break and not in this series but I'm not holding my breath.
I think not having the Daleks in Series 11 would be a massive mistake. We're talking about the first female Doctor here. Why make Jodie Whittaker's job harder by not featuring the Doctor's most iconic enemies, when having her face the Daleks immediately tells the audience 'This is the Doctor'?

Personally if I was showrunner I'd be doing anything in my power to make her job easier.

Based on the trailer I have a feeling that Jodie Whittaker will do a great job as the Doctor and I like the optimistic/lighthearted vibe from her (similar to Troughton and Smith).
Yeah, I think she's going to have the popularity of David Tennant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"