You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

Uninspired Seasonal episode. Felt like recycled material and not done particularly well at that. Not sure on my feelings of JW's departure, feels like she's barely started to be honest. For the stance taken (female Doctor) her tenure hasn't been hugely 'memorable' to date, enjoyed both her series to date, and this upcoming one, I hope will equally have some strong episodes as well, but 'overall', they could have done more and been 'braver', in my view.

Oh dear, I thought she signed for two more years. What a shame. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes if most of the main cast vanishes after, like, two seasons

Micheala Coel - I haven't seen her act, so pictures may be deceiving... but she doesn't embody the doctor, I mean, it's kinda ironic as she looks kinda weird and alien like... but not in the way Matt Smith or someone like Tilda Swinton does... they also said the dude off IT Crowd.

Now, he does look stereotypically Doctorish...

I just feel for Jodie, the stories were awful... she had huge potential but I felt at times she was just taking notes of what they gave Tennant or Smith.

Danny Pudi, practically auditioned for the role in Community - would be a fun choice.

A younger Eddie Izzard... heck I like Bill Nighy would have been great a few years back.

They need to get an actor that is instantly recognizable as the doctor.. I don't want them to be woke, I don't care who they go for as long as they have the doctor we all know, on screen.

Rahul Kohli has taken himself out of contention for The Doctor

A lot of on-line thinking and reaction is being aimed at Chibnall mainly but JW getting stick as well and calls for a hiatus to the whole situation.

It really sucks that Jodi Whittaker's run as The Doctor will likely go down as the worst tenure in the show's modern incarnation, unless the next series really pulls off something spectacular. And it's really all down to the writing, the actors have been doing the best they can. They should tread carefully on where to go next. I love Richard Ayoade, but I wonder if he's too big of a deal to commit to playing The Doctor for 3 years.

Oh dear, I thought she signed for two more years. What a shame. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes if most of the main cast vanishes after, like, two seasons
To be fair, this is pretty normal for Doctor Who, Whittaker exiting after 3 series is in line with Tennant, Smith, and Capaldi, as well as several of the classic Doctors. And companions sticking around for more than two series is fairly uncommon. You can't really use normal television rules for Doctor Who, it's a show that's built to drastically change every few years.

To be fair, this is pretty normal for Doctor Who, Whittaker exiting after 3 series is in line with Tennant, Smith, and Capaldi, as well as several of the classic Doctors. And companions sticking around for more than two series is fairly uncommon. You can't really use normal television rules for Doctor Who, it's a show that's built to drastically change every few years.

It is normal but its fairly boring nowadays. Didnt she also say she wasnt ready to give up The Doctor yet? So if she is leaving...is it by choice or them wanting to just move on to something newer?

It is normal but its fairly boring nowadays. Didnt she also say she wasnt ready to give up The Doctor yet? So if she is leaving...is it by choice or them wanting to just move on to something newer?
It definitely has gotten old, it'd be nice to have a Doctor stick around for longer than usual (or, if the writing was on point I'd even be down for another single season run like Eccleston just for a change of pace), a longer run would be nice especially in Whittaker's case since she still hasn't really gotten an episode that gives her an opportunity to push herself and fully show what she can do as an actress. If there is outside pressure for her to step down than I really hope that there's even greater pressure on Chibnall to step down, the shortcomings of the last two seasons have been pretty much entirely on Chibnall, it would be unfair and downright stupid for them to pretend that Whittaker is even remotely the problem.

So is 3 years about par the course for when they "rejuvenate" Doctor Who?

Are there any rumors who may take over?

Usually seems to be the case. Though Tenant I guess technically did one more year for five specials? But other than Eccleston, it seems each actor for the rebooted show gets about three seasons.

It really sucks that Jodi Whittaker's run as The Doctor will likely go down as the worst tenure in the show's modern incarnation, unless the next series really pulls off something spectacular. And it's really all down to the writing, the actors have been doing the best they can. They should tread carefully on where to go next. I love Richard Ayoade, but I wonder if he's too big of a deal to commit to playing The Doctor for 3 years.

I kind of feel like the show was going downhill in the final season of Matt Smith. It just seemed they were throwing so much out there. Sometimes the writing felt like it was hitting you over the head with the major turning points and then pulling back on them. I really felt that in parts of Capaldi's run. Additionally, I found Capaldi's debut special rather clunky.

Last edited:
It makes me a bit sad that Jodie might be leaving before we’ve even finished this thread title. It’s still 12’s thread

I cant wait for nothing specific to come out of it. "Clashes of something or other between you know whats and what may be". It's been 15 years, just spill the beans, it's not like you were ever going to work with those people again.

he looks good these days as the doctor, funnily enough

Given some decent stories Chiwetel Ejiofor could be the best Dr Who since Tom Baker.....just saying.
in terms of what tho?

I found Matt Smith amazing... I actually really like the idea of Danny Pudi.... Julia Sawalha and back in the day, Rik Mayall.

Tilda Swinton would make an amazing female Doctor. Hell, she could do The Master too.

Usually seems to be the case. Though Tenant I guess technically did one more year for five specials? But other than Eccleston, it seems each actor for the rebooted show gets about three seasons.

I kind of feel like the show was going downhill in the final season of Matt Smith. It just seemed they were throwing so much out there. Sometimes the writing felt like it was hitting you over the head with the major turning points and then pulling back on them. I really felt that in parts of Capaldi's run. Additionally, I found Capaldi's debut special rather clunky.

I felt like Capaldi's run was when things really conspicuously went downhill (apart from Missy, who was amazing). I blame it on the writing and the stories more than Capaldi.

I felt like Capaldi's run was when things really conspicuously went downhill (apart from Missy, who was amazing). I blame it on the writing and the stories more than Capaldi.

What I saw of the Tennant run, it definitely became too overwrought.

Agree to disagree on that I guess, because Tennant is my personal favorite with Smith as my runner-up.

Rumors from today while series 13 is filming that Jodie just filmed her regeneration

Set photos of Jodie hugging John Bishop like they were not going to be seeing each other again

Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker is given a hug by co-star John Bishop on series 13 set | Daily Mail Online

4B7LLed.jpg

tYk99y2.jpg

I mean, given their filming schedule, god knows when the cast would get together again.

do they stay female or go male and risk the trolling either way..

personally for me... I would revisit a past actor or two for a few adventures over the course of a new series... have a mysterious character show up, we warm to the character then alter find out its a doctor, but we don[t know which future regeneration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"