World You know you've overdosed on X-Men when...

rjb182

Jedi Gnat
Reaction score
Y'know, between coming here, reading about the X-Men, and writing about the X-Men, I knew my life had been a little mutant-heavy lately. I even started dreaming comic books and didn't think much of it...

Today I saw a perfectly normal guy on the street wearing shades and, for a second, fully expected him to take them off and unleash his optic beams.

I may have a problem. Dude really did kinda look like Cyclops, though.

So when do you know it's time for a comic break?

...when you're having a bad day, you flip open your windows and yell out "blow winds of fury, blow" whilst making swirling hand gestures.

when you try using your psychic powers to find that damn remote

Avalanche said:
...when you're having a bad day, you flip open your windows and yell out "blow winds of fury, blow" whilst making swirling hand gestures.

hahaha that's awesome :p

When you wish you could make a dupe of yourself to go to school for you :D

When your prof rambles incoherently and you want to sprout some F'in wolveirne claws and jab her in the face... :-)

Just the other day I was doing tricks with my card deck, and decided to throw a Queen of hearts at a girl, and it blew up in her face.:(

You know your overdosed on X-Men when...

...you clench your fist and expect to hear a "SNIKT!"

...clipping your fingernails you're surprised that you have to do it five times instead of three

...your buddy dies and he actually stays dead.

Avalanche said:

LMAO!

Also the above post I also do the clench fist wanting claws to "snikt" out when I'm peed off!

When you see black women on the street and say, "Hey she looks like Storm!"

When during a storm outside you think to yourself "I wonder what got her this angry..."
When while waiting in a traffic jam you regret that you can't fly to work.

you know you've overdosed on x-men when you want to use your magnetic powers to rip all those earrings out of those chavs on the street corner

Sparta* said:
When you wish you could make a dupe of yourself to go to school for you :D

Man, I wish I had that power. I'd go to Spanish class even less than I do now...i.e. never.

...while snowboarding you pretend to shoot an ice-beam at a tree in front of you only to wipe out spectacularly in front of all your friends.

Good times, good times.

...when you try to crash your plane after finding out you don't have your wings

I work at a metal factory and have a big scrap bin at the end of my machine. At least three times a day I walk by it and put my hand over it, trying to lift the metal with my "magnetic powers"... then I look around to make sure no one saw me.

you imagine your magneto everytime you walk through one of those automatic opening doors, and that you're "willing" them to open.

You stab yourself with a fork and are surprised that the wound doesn't heal itself instantly.

I can't say this has happened to me with X-men but it has happened with videogames, I remember trying to turn the light on and failing and getting annoyed because it was a "bug".

No, the true, and actual X-Men overdose comes when you see an old bald white guy and your first thought is "How the heck is he walking?"

JewishHobbit said:
I work at a metal factory and have a big scrap bin at the end of my machine. At least three times a day I walk by it and put my hand over it, trying to lift the metal with my "magnetic powers"... then I look around to make sure no one saw me.

Hahaha :up:

Infinity, I so that "willing the doors to open" every single day that I enter work lol

when the doors of a grocery store slide open for you, you say to the guy next to you, "And people think I don't have telekinisis."

...when you keep daydreaming of defeating your enemies as a mutant

...yeah you know you all do that :o

when you stumbe and fall and wonder why you can't flip away like the beast or nightcrawler

...you imagine people who piss you off getting struck by lightning (optic beaam/ice ray/three adimantium claws/isert where aplicable).

...you walk to school and wish you could fly.

...wish things would just float over to you instead of you having to go get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"