You need to Volunteer.....NOW!

"FORCED to volunteer".... "mandatory service".... "Slavery!!!!"

Oh Nooooo!!!! The man is coming to get me!!!:shock :whatever:

And I thought the "Obama is a secret muslim" crowd was nuts.:whatever:

Last edited:
"FEAR!!!! FEAR!!! FEARRR!!!!!!!"

Kinda gets old...

I would like this better IF, they were setting it up like many high schools are doing today.

At my school we have what is called "Giving Without Applause" it is a program that I helped to set up. Once it is fully implemented, we will require a certain number of hours of community service before the students have graduated. We have many, many, many opportunities for them, in all kinds of areas so that they can choose things that they will enjoy, and areas that they may have a passion for etc. Now, they can still graduate without these hours, but they need an extra elective in order to get the amount of credits they need....whereas they have their 4 years of high school for the "community service hours". What we have seen happen is these kids go to nursing homes, environmental work, food banks, etc.....and they LOVE IT. They work with little league baseball teams, basketball camps, volleyball camps, cheerleader camps etc... They absolutely love it. IF they do volunteer work through their churches, that counts, and we have a liaison between our school and area churches for this purpose. If you asked the kids if this was forced they would tell you no way.......BUT, would they have done this on their own without these opportunities, no......and they would have missed out....

The Peace Corp has had record numbers this year.....are they being forced right now? no.....but the advertising of these organizations have certainly helped them.

I'm not sure about the uniforms, etc.....that's a little weird I must admit.....but the call to help your community, I think, is important.

wow another mod and he's bringing worldnutdaily links.
are all the mods here "conservative"? any liberal moderators here?

Yes all the mods here are conservative, They're coming to get you. It's a vast right wing conspiracy. All the posters on here are conservative too, they just pretend not to be sometimes.

how dare you Kel, how dare you take away the right of children to simply go to school, then go home and spend 6 hours on the internet or Xbox 360...for shame, Kel...FOR SHAME!!!!

*hangs head*

Yes all the mods here are conservative, They're coming to get you. It's a vast right wing conspiracy. All the posters on here are conservative too, they just pretend not to be sometimes.
:huh: First of all Marx is NOT a conservative and 2nd I'm about as conservative as Dick Cheney is a liberal.:huh:

It might have been meant to be "funny"....but when you have a group of people that are very passionate about their politics, and their political philosophy......statements like this usually don't come off funny....

BTW, I'm "fiscally conservative/socially liberal" and my posts prove it....:yay:

you put Dana Perino or Meghan McCain in front of me...I'll volunteer to wax that ***

It might have been meant to be "funny"....but when you have a group of people that are very passionate about their politics, and their political philosophy......statements like this usually don't come off funny....

BTW, I'm "fiscally conservative/socially liberal" and my posts prove it....:yay:

his statement was insulting, I handled it with a sense of humor rather then getting bent out of shape about it. Get off my back Kel, I've done nothing wrong

And then we have BL and his "own political philosophy".....

I don't need to read the whole thread. I'm addressing the opening post, which I think is misleading.

Well, then you are making a judgment without the full picture...but ok...go on with your bad self....lol

his statement was insulting, I handled it with a sense of humor rather then getting bent out of shape about it. Get off my back Kel, I've done nothing wrong

ok....Wiseman, ok.....

Just don't go stealing my avvy and all will be well...

Who was insulting?

I was just stating facts and wondering why you would say that.:huh:

Who was insulting?

I was just stating facts and wondering why you would say that.:huh:

He felt Hobo was being insulting, not you....

oooops, yeah what he said...

And what about us that worked hard in high school to not have to pay for college?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean what about those that worked to pay for college, I think that's admirable. But considering the high costs of tuition, doing volunteer work is fine too. From what I read, it sounds like you do the volunteer work toward college, but it doesn't pay for the whole thing.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean what about those that worked to pay for college, I think that's admirable. But considering the high costs of tuition, doing volunteer work is fine too. From what I read, it sounds like you do the volunteer work toward college, but it doesn't pay for the whole thing.

Getting good grades in high school is what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"