Apocalypse Young Jean

eledoremassis02

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since they are starting fresh I'd assume somethings would remain the same. Such as Jeans power.

vlcsnap_2014_05_29_11h17m07s56.png

Since we're getting close to Jean joining the X-men, or at least Xaviers school. I wonder if her power will hold a key to fighting Apocalypse. Perhaps she'll be his equal in terms of power?

It would be interesting to see the first class cast reenact this scene from X3 with the "Will you control your power, or will you let the power control you" lead more towards fighting Apocalypse, them being more or less the same on the opposite spectrum.

Last edited:
I imagine the Phoenix will come into Apocalypse in some way. Jean did have bright red hair at the end of DOFP, which looked similar to X3

This would be the right time to see some of what Singer would have done with Jean in X3, specifically Jean as a godlike force. It would be cool, just because how stunning it was, if we get to see the fiery aura (or something similar) from X2:

famke-janssen-wolverine.gif

I'd also imagine that after seeing the future through Wolverine. Charles would know to do things differently with Jean this time. Instead of hiding her powers Charles could help Jean fully control her powers. So that when The Phoenix does come into play. It might not end so badly the second time around

I'm hoping so too, I'm hoping she learns to control her power fighting Apocalypse rather than using barriers. But I think she should be one of the main focal points of the next film, especially since they brought her future self back.

Just a random idea:

Let's have Emma revealed to be alive and be brought in to help Xavier teach Jean, which makes sense since she was revealed to be more experienced than he was in First Class. They end up making the mistake of putting mental blocks in Jeans mind after she shows she's just not ready for that much power. After the X-Men/brotherhood get their asses handed to them fighting Apocalypse Xavier takes out the blocks in Jeans mind allowing her full access to her powers. She defeats Apocalypse but ends up going power crazy and starts becoming the problem. Emma and Charles then have to work together in order to restore the blocks before the whole world goes to hell. At the end they succeed with Jean ending up comatose for awhile and Prof. X having strained himself so much trying to restore the blocks against the power of the Phoenix he loses his hair.

No Emma with young Jean please and thanks. Bringing Emma back would undo one of DoFP strongest scenes and rewrite for no reason; DoFP did enough fixing, bringing Emma back like that just won't work.

I hope they don't ever try to bring back the mind suppressor things from X3 or try to make the Phoenix Force an animalistic personality thing like X3 did either.

Just a random idea:

Let's have Emma revealed to be alive and be brought in to help Xavier teach Jean, which makes sense since she was revealed to be more experienced than he was in First Class. They end up making the mistake of putting mental blocks in Jeans mind after she shows she's just not ready for that much power. After the X-Men/brotherhood get their asses handed to them fighting Apocalypse Xavier takes out the blocks in Jeans mind allowing her full access to her powers. She defeats Apocalypse but ends up going power crazy and starts becoming the problem. Emma and Charles then have to work together in order to restore the blocks before the whole world goes to hell. At the end they succeed with Jean ending up comatose for awhile and Prof. X having strained himself so much trying to restore the blocks against the power of the Phoenix he loses his hair.
I'd LOVE that. I'm really sad now that you don't have a hand in development.

Emma Frost is a REALLY big deal in the X-Men franchise, and she's an awesome character. Having her discarded off-screen with only one offhanded statement from Magneto (it was ONE line) just doesn't sit right to me. It'd be the equivalent of if in Avengers 2, Captain America was gone without a trace and all we got was one line from Iron Man that he died at some point. And the fact is that we never saw Emma's body (we did see Angel's, Azazel's, and Banshee's) and Havok is still alive. So they could easily pass it off as Erik being mistaken and it wouldn't undermine the point that he was making at all.

@Majik1387

Gonna have to agree to disagree:
One person being thought dead but actually alive isn't gonna undo that whole scene from DOFP. Emma is too powerful to be taken out by Trask that made no sense to me, and judging from the Emma thread a lot of other people didn't get that either. I could understand her being captured in First Class because Erick and Charles helped put her there. And who wouldn't want to see the tension between Emma and Jean on screen?

I also liked the way they dealt with the explanation of the Phoenix in X3 and the mind suppressor was actually from the comics.

Last edited:
If they are going to feature a young Jean Grey in the next film, can we have Karen Gillan play her?

Karen-Gillan-karen-gillan-8284534-800-600.jpg
:hubba

Emma is dead dead, there's no bringing her back(unless as a Horseman maybe)

It wasn't just one line saying she's dead, the Sentinels of the future had her diamond power as well, which pretty much means she's dead considering what Trask says he needs of mutants in his research. And there's apparently also some pictures of her autopsy report along with Azazel, Angel, Banshee, etc.

And sorry, but no, mental blocks in Jean is one of the dumbest things from the comic to adapt.

Nope, there are no photos of her in that scene.

I know there's not, but apparently there are some that didn't make the movie, but I find Magneto's word about a death of a mutant and a future sentinel with said mutant's power proof enough.

I imagine the Phoenix will come into Apocalypse in some way. Jean did have bright red hair at the end of DOFP, which looked similar to X3

In X3, it looked like they recruited her because Jean had too much powers and Prof X had to cage it. Maybe that would be the case for this movie too.

I don't hate the idea of mental blocks. I really liked how they portrayed them in Wolverine and the X-men. For those who haven't seen it, inside Jean's mind there are a series of doors that only powerful telepaths can open, and the final door is a bird cage that has a bird in it, and when it's opened the Phoenix is unleashed.

However, I would prefer if they did something where Xavier didn't seem sketchy and the Phoenix was more than a split personality.

I'm really looking forward to jean in apocalypse, maybe they show a glimps of her phoenix powers.

According to me they add Apocalypse too soon !! At least he will fight Xavier Magneto Beast but I dont see him fighting kids like young Scott etc.
Well , in this one James McAvoy must be hairless !!!!!!!

um there's been seven films, it's about time they bring in apocalypse. But I would have preferred the ot who are more experienced to battle apocalypse :/

For that, its better to bring Apocalypse up in a sequel movie which involves adult Cyclops' generation (retcon of trilogy).

7 films but we have 2 spin-off and first class is a prequel. In this one, Young Xavier and Erik (50 years old in fact) first meet Apocalypse. Then En Sabah Nur later returns for fighting Cyclops'generation (Wolverine, Beast, Sotrm ...) in a new x-men movie

I think when people talk about experience and skill they are looking at it wrong, I suspect the intention isn't just to have x-men vs apocalypse, its probably gonna be a more complex story then that which won't just be about We have to stop apocalypse!

I doubt having the OT involved would suddenly mean they would all be against apocalypse! I think that's a fanboy take on it but probably won't be singer and co's

No I meant the fc jean, storm, scott will be too inexperienced to go up against apocalypse. They're already calling it a disaster/super hero film.

I think when people talk about experience and skill they are looking at it wrong, I suspect the intention isn't just to have x-men vs apocalypse, its probably gonna be a more complex story then that which won't just be about We have to stop apocalypse!

I doubt having the OT involved would suddenly mean they would all be against apocalypse! I think that's a fanboy take on it but probably won't be singer and co's

all the x-men and brotherhood put together still really dont stand a chance against apoc.
which is how its supposed to be. however it will be nice to witness storm cyke and jean let loose with their powers. :hubba

Even if they are completely ineffective against Apoc until they find a way to weaken him.

I don't get this inexperienced foolishness.

Storm, Cyke and Jean are born leaders of this twizzy
They should be more then up to the challenge to save the world
no reluctant unsure of themselves emo crap
They're responsible soldiers up to the task.
See an X-men aint about havin the powers.
Its about having the will to do the right thing no matter the odds or cost.

It's like you guys expect Scott to be in vestibule crying that he has nuclear power coming out of his optic sockets.

Or that Storm is petrified that she can turn a city into a wasteland with a thought.

We need these guys to be up to the task in Apocalyspe.
Prof X is about sharing his dream and getting them to the next level of their powers.

Sophie Turner for Young Jean. That's my choice.

I don't think Scott or Jean for the matter will be 'fresh' recruits. I have a feeling that these 2 would be at Xavier's school for awhile, training, studying and perfecting their abilities. As far Jean is concern, since X3 is no longer part of the continuity I'd say let Kinberg/Singer touch on "Phoenix. it doesn't have to be a movie all about her, but that can be Jean's story line, dealing w/her massive power and learning to control it instead of suppressing it.

As I said before it would be great to see Jean go full "Phoenix" aurora on Apocalypse in the final battle with subtle hints of going dark phoenix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"