Your Life's Aspirations Thread

DV8

Band Loser
Reaction score
Without getting too heavy, I've always thought the HYPE! was filled with talented, introspective, and frankly; able-bodied, minded people (with several exceptions of course :oldrazz: )

Anyway, let this be a place where we can go for advice on life's affairs . . . whether it be your career, your health, your relationship (I guess there's already a thread for that though), whatever you feel is worthy of this thread . . .

what did you want to be when you 'grew up'? Why aren't you doing that now? what can you do to make that happen? help me help you :ninja:

Batman.
I'm not rich, strong, trained or have a batcave and people would probably just think you were a mentalist.
Guns would kill you pretty fast and a mask probably isn't good enough a disguise for this day and age.
WB would sue.

A fire engine!!!

VRRRROOOOOOMMMMM!!!

When i ws young i always thought i would be upset if i didnt become WHAT i wanted to become ..

now that im here .. i will be utterly upset if i am NOT WHO i wana be

my kids is all there is in this world.. and i could pick up garbage for a living... as long as i am a good father to them.. i will be completely happy

Matt wanted to own a bar and be a Mod on the Hype.

I'm so proud of him. He's 2 for 2!

A fire engine!!!

VRRRROOOOOOMMMMM!!!

LMAO!! yeah, this thread title does sound a bit condescending and/or Stuart Smalley-ish :(

stuartSmalley.jpg

When i ws young i always thought i would be upset if i didnt become WHAT i wanted to become ..

now that im here .. i will be utterly upset if i am NOT WHO i wana be

my kids is all there is in this world.. and i could pick up garbage for a living... as long as i am a good father to them.. i will be completely happy

I hear you . . . a few years ago I was in a rock band, and we seriously practiced like 4 days a week . . . we were determined, and thought we might actually make 'it' one day . . . but realistically, a rock star can't be there for their family . . . and now my cousin who was the lead singer is doing the LAST thing he ever wanted to do . . . he's conforming; he's going to school to be an accountant :huh:

all in all, the whole 'rock star' scenario was not meant to be (and I'm not saying that we were so totally wicked that becoming famous was a sure thing), but you see where I'm going . . .

I hear you . . . a few years ago I was in a rock band, and we seriously practiced like 4 days a week . . . we were determined, and thought we might actually make 'it' one day . . . but realistically, a rock star can't be there for their family . . . and now my cousin who was the lead singer is doing the LAST thing he ever wanted to do . . . he's conforming; he's going to school to be an accountant :huh:

all in all, the whole 'rock star' scenario was not meant to be (and I'm not saying that we were so totally wicked that becoming famous was a sure thing), but you see where I'm going . . .
you lost me at .. I hear ya :cwink:

anybody else that aspires to be anything other than a stand up comedian? :o

I aspire to be a plastic surgeon. So far, I'm heading in the right direction. I'm planning to apply to medical schools soon and I'm preparing for the MCATs now. If the whole doctor thing doesn't pan out, I have a back up plan. Probably business school.

I aspire to be a plastic surgeon. So far, I'm heading in the right direction. I'm planning to apply to medical schools soon and I'm preparing for the MCATs now. If the whole doctor thing doesn't pan out, I have a back up plan. Probably business school.

nice! big money in plastic surgery . . . and you have a strong set of goals . . . that's pretty much the biggest step :up:

I went to school for art, but art is a profession that doesn't necessarily require schooling, however there's a double-edged sword that also doesn't gaurantee job placement if you've had schooling :(

you seem to be on the right track, just make sure you're not just aspiring to be a plastic surgeon for the pocketbook . . . .

"Raymond K. Hessel, what did you waNT TO BE!?!?"

tn_RaymondKHessel.jpg

On topic:

-to weigh 250lbs with under 10% body fat
-to get a job working in a micro lab and work with really dangerous bacteria/viruses
-to achieve fluency in French
-to be happily married and be able to bring up any and all subjects with my wife
-to be a great uncle
-to take care of my Mom when she retires, I owe that lady so much; though I wanna choke her sometimes

On topic:

-to weigh 250lbs with under 10% body fat
-to get a job working in a micro lab and work with really dangerous bacteria/viruses
-to achieve fluency in French
-to be happily married and be able to bring up any and all subjects with my wife
-to be a great uncle
-to take care of my Mom when she retires, I owe that lady so much; though I wanna choke her sometimes

nice, dude :up: 250lbs!!! 10% body fat :wow: that's a serious weight-lifting goal, dude . . . I'd like to achieve 10% body fat or less too, but it's gonna be HARD getting up to 250lbs. of raw muscle w/o steroids or something . . . still, if you're aiming for 250lbs, and reached even 180lbs, you'd still be a big mofo :D

work in a micro lab? wow, didn't know you had an interest in that field . . .

A comedian. I haven't done it, because I am extremely shy, & even more shy when it comes to standing up in front of large crowds.

A comedian. I haven't done it, because I am extremely shy, & even more shy when it comes to standing up in front of large crowds.

funny you should say that, I've been fooling w/ the idea of giving some stand-up a chance at a local comedy club . . . I have some material, but I think I, too would get stage fright . . .

the main thing w/ comedy is knowing where you're going to (try) and perform . . . you have to work the crowd . . . so know about your location . . . practice in front of friends or family, and have them be HONEST . . . really, you'll know if it's funny if you can get a genuine laugh . . .

this may be some moot advice, but I like to sing karaoke, so that's really helped me build a 'stage' presence, by feeling people out in the crowd before I sing . . . I'll try to add something funny between songs, and just being in front of people w/ a mic (while performing to some degree) will help your stage fright . . . :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"