Your Life's Aspirations Thread

I want to write for Marvel Comics, not DC, not Dark Horse, not Image. I want to write for Marvel Comics. I am working towards it, using, hopefully a few screenwriting credits to propel it, since I am actually close to achieving that particular step.

funny you should say that, I've been fooling w/ the idea of giving some stand-up a chance at a local comedy club . . . I have some material, but I think I, too would get stage fright . . .

the main thing w/ comedy is knowing where you're going to (try) and perform . . . you have to work the crowd . . . so know about your location . . . practice in front of friends or family, and have them be HONEST . . . really, you'll know if it's funny if you can get a genuine laugh . . .

this may be some moot advice, but I like to sing karaoke, so that's really helped me build a 'stage' presence, by feeling people out in the crowd before I sing . . . I'll try to add something funny between songs, and just being in front of people w/ a mic (while performing to some degree) will help your stage fright . . . :up:

Sounds like you have a better shot at being one than me. I lose all control of my brain when I get in uncomfortable situations.

But it sounds like you could do it. Just keep telling yourself you are money man!:cwink:

I want to write for Marvel Comics, not DC, not Dark Horse, not Image. I want to write for Marvel Comics. I am working towards it, using, hopefully a few screenwriting credits to propel it, since I am actually close to achieving that particular step.

whoa, that's awesome :wow: that's a pretty frigid goal, but think of all the things you accomplish just trying to get that far . . .

wouldn't it be easier for you to get into Marvel after you've already written for one of the other mentioned comic publishers, though? Not saying to lower your standards or anything, but you know . . .

Sounds like you have a better shot at being one than me. I lose all control of my brain when I get in uncomfortable situations.

But it sounds like you could do it. Just keep telling yourself you are money man!:cwink:

I know what you mean dude, you freeze up . . . happens to me a lot, too . . . I think that has a lot to do with being self-consciouss though . . .

it's a really hard thing to do, but you almost have to disregard the self-consciousness which is almost like an oxyoron since being aware of that is itself a form of being self-consciouss :confused:

anyway, I would say if you think you're funny, and you like making people laugh, give it a shot . . . to be honest, most stand-up comedians don't really make a lucrative career, so it's not something I'd pursue by itself, but it would be a lot of fun :D

Always wanted to create pictures like [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]frank frazetta[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,sans-serif]http://www.aumania.it/fa_frazetta1.html[/FONT][/SIZE]

well . . . that's a hardy goal, there . . . do you draw regularly?

Frazetta is one of my all time faves :up:

if you do draw, I'd say try using subject matter like Frazetta as inspiration to make a drawing or sketch, but try to add your own elements . . . .

if you don't really draw, I'd start!! try starting off with simpler things like cartoon characters, and eventually work your way up to some Frazetta drawings . . . I bet once you started really drawing, and could get to the point where you can draw Frazetta; if you copied 10 Frazetta pieces, you'd start to see some tight skills :up:

well . . . that's a hardy goal, there . . . do you draw regularly?

Frazetta is one of my all time faves :up:

if you do draw, I'd say try using subject matter like Frazetta as inspiration to make a drawing or sketch, but try to add your own elements . . . .

if you don't really draw, I'd start!! try starting off with simpler things like cartoon characters, and eventually work your way up to some Frazetta drawings . . . I bet once you started really drawing, and could get to the point where you can draw Frazetta; if you copied 10 Frazetta pieces, you'd start to see some tight skills :up:

Yep, still only tackling the head atm.
Alot of the stuff you learn from books is really simple stuff they should have taught you at high school never mind college, like basic perspective, in the 5 years at high school, they never even try'd to teach you that, or even anatomy, just plumped crap in front of you and told you to draw/paint it. :huh:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=287516

Yea, his work has a real tangibly to it, same with Ray Harrygausen's fantasy stuff, while cgi stuff used in fantasy/sci has more too it, it's comes off as pretty synthetic in comparison.

Yep, still only tackling the head atm.
Alot of the stuff you learn from books is really simple stuff they should have taught you at high school never mind college, like basic perspective, in the 5 years at high school, they never even try'd to teach you that, or even anatomy, just plumped crap in front of you and told you to draw/paint it. :huh:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=287516

Yea, his work has a real tangibly to it, same with Ray Harrygausen's fantasy stuff, while cgi stuff used in fantasy/sci has more too it, it's comes off as pretty synthetic in comparison.

I agree . . . basic art education is higly underrated in society, and as a curriculum . . . but you have some very strong, basic skills . . . and let me tell you this, there's no better art instructor than yourself . . .

the best you can do is look at art (not necessarily 'how to draw' books), and practice, practice, practice . . .

and remember this . . . Frazetta likely used a lot of models, many of them in front of his face, which makes drawing your subject a lot easier . . .

I say this compared to a notion I used to hold dear that if you can draw, you're simply amazing, and don't need reference. Well, I've been drawing pretty much my whole life, and that's not the case.

my point is, tell me to draw a dragon, and I'll say how? give me a picture of a dragon, and I'm all over it . . .

drawing is an observational skill, just remember that :up:

I want to write for tv whether it be for TV Guide or creating and writing TV shows. I've been wanting to do that since 6th grade.

Then I want to teach mainly overseas so I can see the world or just teach American teeneagers.

But I really want to be a mother, a good one.:heart:

"to be buried upside down, so you can all kiss my ass!"

heh . . . your grave will read:

HERE LIES

AHAB THE ARAB

BURIED FACE DOWN; ASS UP, CUZ THAT'S THE WAY HE LIKES TO . . .

actually, he was cremated ;)

nice, dude :up: 250lbs!!! 10% body fat :wow: that's a serious weight-lifting goal, dude . . . I'd like to achieve 10% body fat or less too, but it's gonna be HARD getting up to 250lbs. of raw muscle w/o steroids or something . . . still, if you're aiming for 250lbs, and reached even 180lbs, you'd still be a big mofo :D

work in a micro lab? wow, didn't know you had an interest in that field . . .

I'm 228 right now. At about 14%. I've got many years of lifting ahead of me :D

Yeah, I'm all about microscopes. Just got the ol' bachelor's degree :up:

I want to write for tv whether it be for TV Guide or creating and writing TV shows. I've been wanting to do that since 6th grade.

Then I want to teach mainly overseas so I can see the world or just teach American teeneagers.

But I really want to be a mother, a good one.:heart:

aw, I'm sure you'll do great :up:

haha, at first I was thinking "you want to write the TV weather report :confused:" lol! well that's cool . . .

it's a tough market getting into screenwriting, but if you've had such a desire for so long, you should definitely pursue it . . . of course if you don't already live in Cali, you'll pry want to consider relocating there or New York, realistically . . . of course I'd pry also recommend schooling, and practicing the craft as soon as you can . . . start formulating ideas and stuff now, and those obsticles won't catch you offgaurd like they might otherwise :up:

I'm 228 right now. At about 14%. I've got many years of lifting ahead of me :D

Yeah, I'm all about microscopes. Just got the ol' bachelor's degree :up:

holy ish!! 228lbs. at 14% . . . you are a big boy!! jeez . . . well good luck w/ that and the viruses, dude . . . maybe you'll be the guy to cure the common cold :D

aw, I'm sure you'll do great :up:

haha, at first I was thinking "you want to write the TV weather report :confused:" lol! well that's cool . . .

it's a tough market getting into screenwriting, but if you've had such a desire for so long, you should definitely pursue it . . . of course if you don't already live in Cali, you'll pry want to consider relocating there or New York, realistically . . . of course I'd pry also recommend schooling, and practicing the craft as soon as you can . . . start formulating ideas and stuff now, and those obsticles won't catch you offgaurd like they might otherwise :up:

yeah, I have a few things written here and there. I'm proably going to EMU and study Cinema Studies and Creative Writing.

holy ish!! 228lbs. at 14% . . . you are a big boy!! jeez . . . well good luck w/ that and the viruses, dude . . . maybe you'll be the guy to cure the common cold :D

Thanks dude. Nobody's curing the common cold....EVER

man . . . so what is your current max-out bench press? must be at least like 350-400lbs . . .

Nah, I actually max out at 260. My chest responds really well to benching so I don't have to bench trailer homes to get pecs :D

I plan on having a son and a daughter.

The son will become the next Jerry Rice of the NFL.

The daughter will become the next Lisa Leslie of the WNBA.

I will live my life's dreams through them.

Fran™;13345164 said:
I plan on having a son and a daughter.

The son will become the next Jerry Rice of the NFL.

The daughter will become the next Lisa Leslie of the WNBA.

I will live my life's dreams through them.

Your kids are going to hate you like the Jacksons hated Joe :(

-Graduate College
-Move out / Buy a house
-Get a job I'm happy at. I want to work in my field. Videography and Video Editing. I'm good at what I do, I work hard and i always to want to get better and I work great with others. I don't want to be rich I just want to be happy and content.
-I really do like my gf right know, and I wouldn't mid being with her for a long time. so I really don't want to mess that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"