your thoughts on Chavs

Assassin said:
i was born in 85, i'm too young

I was born in '85 too but my taste in music is personally more akin to someone who is about 50 much of the time. I mean, I love a lot of newer music but my favorite bands are still from the '60s and early '70s.

Best thing from England are English tourists... those who come to my city and leave their wallets in our hotels, pubs, stores...

To all of them, Thanks and please come back! ;):D

I feel sorry for the Spainish, you are bombarded with chavs all year around. Its just taken a lot of years to name 'those British' tourists. You all the know the ones I'm talking about...

The Storm said:
I feel sorry for the Spainish, you are bombarded with chavs all year around. Its just taken a lot of years to name 'those British' tourists. You all the know the ones I'm talking about...

Bah, as long as they've got money to pay the alcohol... :D Also, you can't imagine the laughs I've had with those drunk chavs falling in the middle of the street and singing "God Save the Queen" with a bottle as a micro.

Luckily, most of the English tourists that come to my region are old people, and they're really polite and respetuous.

Yes the old couples, they are the best especially on the beach!!! Those chavs are a pain the arse but they take it to another level on holiday. Get up sit by the pool all day getting pink, go to a pub have a English dinner and then drink from then. Come 11 they ready for bed!

I had an old couple next to my apartment on Christmas holidays -they come especially on Winter, it's hot here- and my family walked like cats trying not to do a noise because they were sleeping at 10pm... God bless them. :O

Anyway, we'd a bunch of eighteen-years-old chavs some years ago and it was tremendous... in a weekend they destroyed the apartments and most of the neigborhood. When they left they forgot a lot of things in the apartments: wallets, clothes, a parrot, a drunk friend... :D

:up: Did you shave off his eyebrows? Chuck him on the balcony and write in suncream '********'!!!!

Nah, they were kind with me. I've got a dog and every time they saw me walking with him they all -fifteen chavs- stopped to scratch him for a while. My dog was really happy those days. :D

Also, my mother was the only one they were afraid of... one night they had the radio at maximum volume and my mom shouted them really strong things (in Spanish)... I think they understood her because they turned the radio off. The day after, they had a terrible worried face and when they saw my mother they all bowed her...

They just need some shouts sometimes... :D

Respectful chavs, thats a new one! I'm going Crete this summer and i'm hoping it won't be chav heaven but thats highly unlikey because Greece is overun with Brits come summer.

You know, you trying to go out from England and me trying to go to England... language practising and all that staff. :D I always say you don't know what you've got at home until you're far from it for a while.

Suppose thats true but you'd run as soon as you arrived here! I'm not sure what its like in London but I imagine there are plently of chavs. Avoid Essex, the capital city for chavs!

Nah, some people have recommend me Brighton, how's that?

Funny enough I just asked my friend who lives there about it. She said its full of students and only some places with chavs.

cholos = chavs

The Storm said:
Suppose thats true but you'd run as soon as you arrived here! I'm not sure what its like in London but I imagine there are plently of chavs. Avoid Essex, the capital city for chavs!

Yep that is their HQ. Beware.

KingOfDreams said:
I was born in '85 too but my taste in music is personally more akin to someone who is about 50 much of the time. I mean, I love a lot of newer music but my favorite bands are still from the '60s and early '70s.

me too, i listen to the beetles, john lennon, bob marley, Doors..as well as other things thats have nothing to do with them like dmx, and rappers like him..

I was just recently on vacation in Orlando, FL, and I have a question.

I saw a great number of British people wearing lots of Reebok track suits and the like. Also, all of the kids had jacka**y David Beckham fauxhawks. This seems to indicate chavs, but I noticed a distinct lack of Burbury and bling. What were they?

The Storm said:
Lol, they do get it rough. Spain is a great chav destination.

Leto Atrides said:
I was just recently on vacation in Orlando, FL, and I have a question.

I saw a great number of British people wearing lots of Reebok track suits and the like. Also, all of the kids had jacka**y David Beckham fauxhawks. This seems to indicate chavs, but I noticed a distinct lack of Burbury and bling. What were they?

These are worse than Chavs, there isn't a 'slang' term for these types, but you could (I suppose) call them 'Geezers'... Chavs with money who should know better.

I worry about catorgarising poeple based on what they wear or what they do for a living etc.

Whirlysplat said:
I worry about catorgarising poeple based on what they wear or what they do for a living etc.

It starts to go beyond a simple category. The majority are total rejects who are scared of life's responsibilities and each other. They sap money out of my hard earned taxes!!

i tend not to try and stereo type people solely based on the way they look or dress and try to judge all as individuals.

i think the term 'chavs' was invented by the middle class as a way to seperate themselves from the lower class, especially the youth. Especially since on a night out, they basically act very similar but the only difference is what they buy to drink and where they are drinking it.#

middle class england likes to see the poor people as lazy benefit taking, council house, teenage mothering, uneducated unfashionalble scum.

they also manage to look down on the upper class as, silver spoon, good for nothing, cash flashing ponces

this is the middle class england that spend the majority of its disposable income buying and reading lads mags and girly articles and reading the sun and other non respectful tabloids.

bah.

middle classed england is full of elitists and just likes to point the finger at other parts of society to take the focus of themselves because they think they are better than the others for working long days and earning their keep the 'old' fashioned way.

personally, i don't think it's a reason to judge, especially since it's a single nation. we're all willing to judge but not to do anything about the current state of affairs, what does that really say about the middle class.

boo-hooo for us all.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"