Your Watchmen casting

The problem with Tom Waits is that his voice is too recognizable, from the moment Rorschach first spoke you could tell that it's him.

Sandman138 said:
waits_tall200.jpg

tom_waits.jpg
...I really, REALLY like this one. :D The voice can be done in post anyway.

I don't think Rorschach's voice is supposed to be raspy a la Waits or even manly sounding like Clint Eastwood. It's always described in the comic as 'cold' & 'monotone'. So to me, that sounds like a cross between Jeffrey Combs' The Question and HAL 9000.

Anyway:

Doctor Manhattan - Adam Baldwin
adam-baldwin-sm.jpg

The Comedian - Robert Deniro
de_niro_portrait.jpg

Nite Owl - Kurt Russell
137044279.jpg

Ozymandias - Brad Pitt
brad_pitt_as_achilles.jpg

Rorschach - Doug Hutchison
xx4.jpg

Dr. Malcolm Long - Reginald VelJohnson
Reginald%20VelJohnson02.JPG

Old Nite Owl - Paul Newman
pnewman.jpg

yeah pearce as adrian would be great

although you would never get him in the costume

I wasn't aware that Guy Pearce was anti-costumes.

How many different threads do you think we have dedicated to Watchmen casting?

Just two. One here and one in DC. I never really counted Vertigo as DC but people like to.

Savage said:
Just two. One here and one in DC. I never really counted Vertigo as DC but people like to.

Mostly because Vertigo is owned by DC. :o

I know but it's not like the Marvel Max line that still has the Marvel logo on it or anything. It's a seperate universe.

WATCHMEN isn't printed under the Vertigo banner... it bears the DC logo. Admittedly, its characters and storyline don't fit into the canonic DC Universe, but it's always been put out under DC nonetheless (having first seen publication before the Vertigo imprint was conceived.)

Savage said:
In fact I hope they never reveal who is playing Rorschach before the movie is out of theaters or something. That is just part of the suprise...Although they'd probably do something like reveal who's playing
"Crazy sign guy"
and then it'd be obvious who this guy is to all those who read the book.

No need really. Anyone who's following the news of a Watchmen movie has likely read the book. They can release it in the trades and online, and the general movie-going public wont really know who it is, as long as it's someone unrecognizable.

Not a great pic but couldn't find anymore. Nonetheless, I think Peter Macnicol would make a great Kovacs!
macnicol_pic.jpg

You want a big, older fellow for the Comedian/Edward Blake, how about 55-year old Lou Ferrigno?

0001.jpg

ConcreteBlock15 said:
WATCHMEN isn't printed under the Vertigo banner... it bears the DC logo. Admittedly, its characters and storyline don't fit into the canonic DC Universe, but it's always been put out under DC nonetheless (having first seen publication before the Vertigo imprint was conceived.)
You're right. I'm thinking of V for Vendetta.

Spider - Man said:
Not a great pic but couldn't find anymore. Nonetheless, I think Peter Macnicol would make a great Kovacs!
macnicol_pic.jpg
He really would. :up:

ConcreteBlock15 said:
...who nonetheless couldn't act his way out of a paper bag (no offence, Lou!)
They said they needed a big guy to play the Comedian, I picked out a big guy. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"