Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you can tell pretty quickly from the back-flip off the water tank onward, at least. Very awkward scene.
It felt off the second we saw the robber...who was literally carrying a sack of money over his shoulder. All the robber needed was a domino mask and it would’ve been straight out of a Looney Tunes episode.

The part where he sees Batman on the gargoyle through the reflection was cool.
I will give props there. Incidentally probably the single best Batman shot out of the whole movie.

I still don't see how anything suicide squad is overshadowing Justice League, and its not like the movement people didn't immediately move on to ayer's director's cut right after getting what they wanted.

If I had to guess...because it potentially overshadows Grace.

She probably doesn't want to share the feeds with Ayer Cut news, because she has a decent source on the Snyder Cut, and doesn't want anything stealing that "story's" thunder.

I have stopped posting in most of the JL boards for a last 2 and half years (except the lounge which has nothing to do with the movie itself) because I just lost interest after the bitter disappointment of the theatrical version. I genuinely thought Whedon's JL will be great and I was kinda heartbroken when the I saw what an embarrassing clusterf**k it turned out to be. I even took a three-four month sabbatical from SHH because of the heartbreak lol.

I'll also admit that I never believed in the Snyder Cut so I didn't bother following it for the past couple of years. So I'm genuinely shocked to see what has transpired and what the future looks like. But I'm very happy for Zack and I'm really very excited to see the Snyder cut.

I'm also very, very happy to see the old faces back again. I see @idiot09 came back! Hi dude, been a long time! I see @Trevor is back too! There is @moviefreak @roach @batfreakforever I'm very happy to see you guys back again.

I hope to see more of the old gang back together. Where the hell are polux, BlueLanternKal, WoodyRom, KillerWolf, regwec?? We miss you guys!

Mattson Tomlin

One poster in one of the Batman sub forums jokingly suggested that Mattson is getting work due to him being the son (or someone related to) of Lily Tomlin and Mattson took it to twitter to clarify that

Oh that's awesome. I don't envy him reading some folks' certain opinions on there though lol

And damn, yeah, I haven't seen some of those guys in a long while. I think they might have stopped posting on SuperHeroHype, but not fully sure.

Has the rumor about the cut having new seeds planted for a possible JL 2 confirmed? Is a JL 2 even still possible?
I admit I haven’t heard about these rumours, but if WB are willing to invest $50-$60 million into this cut, then not only are they expecting big things, but they’ve gotta be counting on a future following these specific events, so I’d say yeah. If this cut is a success, you can bet we’ll see a JL sequel within five years; the only big question is what they’re going to do with the Batman.

I guess if they decide to use up Darkseid, Brainiac would be the one for a big screen JL film in the future, or one of the GL villains, even a Legion of Doom would still be nice.
Not really. Darkseid might be making an appearance in Snyders cut, but (and from what we suspect we know) it’ll only be in the flashback, knightmare and end credit scenes. He’s not going to have any direct league confrontation, and thus remains a baddie for future films.

Brainiac, at least in my opinion, should be saved as a villain for when they’re able to get Superman and Supergirl on the big screen together and focus the story on them; if they take the story off world too, they’d not need to explain the absence of the league either as they’re (primarily?) earthbound.

I'm over these directors and the studios at this point. Nobody wants to look at individual properties and think about what's best for your individual characters. They don't think about it as a case by case thing.

Light jokey Blade is a garbage idea.

Light jokey Moon Knight sucks.

Fantastic Four trying to be Chronicle mixed with David Cronenberg is dumb.

I just don't get why they don't look at the property itself instead of trying recapture past success or fit square pegs in round holes to follow trends.

I admit I haven’t heard about these rumours, but if WB are willing to invest $50-$60 million into this cut, then not only are they expecting big things, but they’ve gotta be counting on a future following these specific events, so I’d say yeah. If this cut is a success, you can bet we’ll see a JL sequel within five years; the only big question is what they’re going to do with the Batman.

Not really. Darkseid might be making an appearance in Snyders cut, but (and from what we suspect we know) it’ll only be in the flashback, knightmare and end credit scenes. He’s not going to have any direct league confrontation, and thus remains a baddie for future films.

Brainiac, at least in my opinion, should be saved as a villain for when they’re able to get Superman and Supergirl on the big screen together and focus the story on them; if they take the story off world too, they’d not need to explain the absence of the league either as they’re (primarily?) earthbound.

Ya I meant Daekseid might be the villain for JL2/season 2 if SC is successful. So will be interesting to see if the sequel is on hbo or big screen, and if it’s on big screen who will direct. I am guessing hbo for zack to finish, thus Brainiac would be a big villain for the big screen JL or a GL villain

I'm over these directors and the studios at this point. Nobody wants to look at individual properties and think about what's best for your individual characters. They don't think about it as a case by case thing.

Light jokey Blade is a garbage idea.

Light jokey Moon Knight sucks.

Fantastic Four trying to be Chronicle mixed with David Cronenberg is dumb.

I just don't get why they don't look at the property itself instead of trying recapture past success or fit square pegs in round holes to follow trends.

Did marvel stuido say the blade movie will be jokey. i have not heard that anywhere. same for the moon knight show

Did marvel stuido say the blade movie will be jokey. i have not heard that anywhere. same for the moon knight show
No, but I'm making a larger point.

Generally the the tone should be dictated by the characters and directors and studio people should take time to understand why people like things and what they want to see.

Not *Oh, Chronicle was good and people like our X-Men movies. Let's do that with Fantastic Four!"

These people need to stop being in the scoop game period.

They're pundits and should stick to talking about movie news.

Including people I'm a fan of.

No, but I'm making a larger point.

Generally the the tone should be dictated by the characters and directors and studio people should take time to understand why people like things and what they want to see.

Not *Oh, Chronicle was good and people like our X-Men movies. Let's do that with Fantastic Four!"

oh i see. your statement makes sense. i agree with it. Its part of why i wasnt onborad with ZS superman. imo it felt like lets make superman more like batman.

at the same time i do like elseworld stories where they change the character. but i prefer those to be as comics and not the main movie version.

I think ZS's intent in MoS was to show how the world would react to Superman, which was not shown in any other movie before, it was something new but I feel the movie would have resonated better with general audiences had he (and Goyer, who's weakness is inability to write comedy) added some light hearted scenes in it.

I think ZS's intent in MoS was to show how the world would react to Superman, which was not shown in any other movie before, it was something new but I feel the movie would have resonated better with general audiences had he (and Goyer, who's weakness is inability to write comedy) added some light hearted scenes in it.

I thought the structure of the movie could have been paced better as well. I love the movie but it took me a couple of viewings for it to work, but I still feeling the pacing and structure is weird at times. Felt like a script thing. The concepts were there.

I thought the structure of the movie could have been paced better as well. I love the movie but it took me a couple of viewings for it to work, but I still feeling the pacing and structure is weird at times. Felt like a script thing. The concepts were there.
Yeah, for origins stories, linear structure works best (Batman Begins being the exception). MoS had non linear structure which felt like they were selectively telling incidents of the story in flashbacks, it worked for me but I can see why other people might not like it.

Yeah, for origins stories, linear structure works best (Batman Begins being the exception). MoS had non linear structure which felt like they were selectively telling incidents of the story in flashbacks, it worked for me but I can see why other people might not like it.

I don't know how they pulled it off in BB, but they did it masterfully. They had flashbacks, flashbacks within flashbacks, and the movie has such a great pace to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"