Zack Snyder's Superman being canned

db85usa

HeHe!
Reaction score
Is this a possibility?

It's happened before with previous projects in development. How committed is WB/Zack in getting this thing in theaters? Something could happen that could cause production to come to a halt. Disagreements, contract disputes. Stuff happens.

It's only been what, just under 5 years since Returns? I feel like this movie is being rushed way too fast and might affect it's quality and that Snyder will go for style over substance (because it's quicker to do that than to take your precious time making sure what you're doing is right.) I fear he will make changes to the script, use too much slow-mo, etc. I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead and 300 but I sincerely hope Zack takes care of this baby. We can't afford another screw up then we won't see another Superman film for a long time (or ever.)

I want to see a new Superman movie just like the rest of you. I'm just a little cautious about this one. I'm not too sure I trust Nolan and WB's judgement at the moment. I know the deal about the rights and everything. Am I the only one concerned with how this whole thing is being handled? Sorry that I'm not just "satisfied" that we have a script, director, an actor cast as Supes, and now Diane Lane on board.

And no, I haven't accepted the fact that Cavill is Superman. Slowly but surely, I am warming up to it. I don't think I'll fully accept it until I find my seat in the movie theater and be the judge myself :woot: because to be honest, I was excited to see Routh as Superman but after I saw the movie, his performance left much to be desired.

I'm thrilled to see this movie. I love the Superman character in its entirety. I feel like the timing may not be right. JMHO. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
This is why I can't understand that Warner Bros. should produce a CGI animated film of Superman and call it a day. Forget this live action stuff because it drags on and there are too many different interpretations of it.

so no news at all just you "thinking". can we close this?

...........ok so the movie has shown zero signs of stopping, had a report about some issues with the script but that was never confirmed by a official source, alot of top names are being dropped to be part of the movie............and you think its going to be canned?.......

Zack Snyder is one of the best in this type of genre, even if its his worst movie I have a feeling it will be better then Superman Returns, if nothing else the reason why the movie might "fail" is because Snyder will bring in things from the comics that only ppl who read the comics on a regular basis (like me) will understand, the general public wont get it and that could hurt it. Snyder is known for following the source material very closely, Watchmen is a great example of that.

True alot was cut out from it, but he said that he wanted to keep it all in, but if he did that the budget would get a big hit, plus they'd add alot more screen time and the movie as it is pushed on the 3 hour mark lol.

I for one dont think this will be canceled, cant wait to see who else gets cast :)

so no news at all just you "thinking". can we close this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a discussion forum, right?

...........ok so the movie has shown zero signs of stopping, had a report about some issues with the script but that was never confirmed by a official source, alot of top names are being dropped to be part of the movie............and you think its going to be canned?.......

I'm reaching out to anyone who has concerns/fears of how this is being taken care of. I never said I think it's going to get canned. I asked if it's a possibility with the rate things are going, the rights, etc. Zack spent maybe 4 years on Watchmen and from 2010 to 2012 for Superman that's a mere two years. You don't think it's being rushed at all so you're part of the "I'm just happy we have a director, script, an actor to play my superhero" group.

Is this a possibility?

It's happened before with previous projects in development. How committed is WB/Zack in getting this thing in theaters? Something could happen that could cause production to come to a halt. Disagreements, contract disputes. Stuff happens.

It's only been what, just under 5 years since Returns? I feel like this movie is being rushed way too fast and might affect it's quality and that Snyder will go for style over substance (because it's quicker to do that than to take your precious time making sure what you're doing is right.) I fear he will make changes to the script, use too much slow-mo, etc. I enjoyed Dawn of the Dead and 300 but I sincerely hope Zack takes care of this baby. We can't afford another screw up then we won't see another Superman film for a long time (or ever.)

I want to see a new Superman movie just like the rest of you. I'm just a little cautious about this one. I'm not too sure I trust Nolan and WB's judgement at the moment. I know the deal about the rights and everything. Am I the only one concerned with how this whole thing is being handled? Sorry that I'm not just "satisfied" that we have a script, director, an actor cast as Supes, and now Diane Lane on board.

And no, I haven't accepted the fact that Cavill is Superman. Slowly but surely, I am warming up to it. I don't think I'll fully accept it until I find my seat in the movie theater and be the judge myself :woot: because to be honest, I was excited to see Routh as Superman but after I saw the movie, his performance left much to be desired.

I'm thrilled to see this movie. I love the Superman character in its entirety. I feel like the timing may not be right. JMHO. Your thoughts?

Only been 5 years? If things had gone correctly, we'd be preparing for a 3rd Superman movie right now. In terms of the amount of time, I'm not concerned at all. The only concern I have comes from the reports. We're not really going to know till the movie comes out. Nolan is just now finishing up the script to his 3rd Batman film, and they don't start filming Superman till at least the summer. I'm optimistic.

This thread is misleading and the original poster is possibly trolling for attention. Please close this thread.

Oh my God, reading the title I thought something had gone wrong and the production have stopped the film!!! So, is everything ok with the movie? Haven't it being canned, have it?
Plesase someboby reassures me!

What difference does it make, 2012 is the year the world ends anyway. :waa:

WTF! Be careful with titles man.

Close this thread!

:dry:incredibly misleading topic with no facts behind it at all:doh:

everybody leave this thread:awesome:
gorilla.gif

You had to have known what people would be thinking when they saw the thread title.

Close this thread!!!!! :nono:

BAAAAD thread title..it shoulda had a *could it* in there somewhere.

Yeah i ***** a brick when I came in then. No way will this be canned have faith.

Is this a possibility?

First off, yeah, it's possible that this could fall apart. Tim Burton showed us that...

You may feel like this is being rushed and is going for style over substance, but you really have to trust that they won't use too much slo mo and that they will do it right this time...

Why are you not satisfied that we have a script and a stellar director and producer team? Why are they so much worse than whatever dream team you'd imagined?

What is your problem with Cavill? You yourself didn't like Routh...

I get being worried, but you just created a thread about shooting this down before it starts, when all signs are pointing to fixing the mistakes of the past (SR, much as I loved it, it had MAJOR issues...)

Even if the new movie is rushed, it can't be nearly as rushed as X-Men: First Class. Bear in mind, it's only been about 6 months since they started filming, 4 months since they wrapped, 2 months since they started the reshoots and only a few weeks since they revealed the first trailer...oh, and it's coming out in June. If that isn't rushed, then I don't know what rushed is. :oldrazz:

Haha, I love when people make titles out to be actual news when they know full well it's just their opinion. A staple of the message board if ever there was one. If they paid you for getting views in a thread, I'd do the same ****. :oldrazz:

It's a fair topic of discussion, but yeah, they should definitely change the title to something like: "Could Snyder's Superman be Canned?"

However, I don't think there's much of a possibility of it being canned at this point. Not only have they cast the lead actor, they put him on the cover of EW. You don't typically do that if your movie is in danger of getting put into turnaround or whatever. Additionally, more casting announcements and other possible ones are starting to roll in, so that further backs up the point that this movie is almost certainly going to be made.

Back before Cavill was announced, I was beginning to wonder if there were some serious issues and the movie might never get off the ground, given Superman's development hell history. But this time around, things seem to be moving along.

This is a stupid thread.

I almost **** myself when I read the title.

You think they're gonna can a Nolan produced film?

Now close thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"