Zack Snyder's Superman being canned

This is a stupid thread.

I almost **** myself when I read the title.

You think they're gonna can a Nolan produced film?

Now close thread.

lol...i read the thread and then turned my eyes to see if this was already closed.....realized it wasnt, then i panicked till i opened the thread...lol....yea this should be closed...asap

The Movie Is Gonna Happen. So Close It Already.

i got scared when i read the thread title........... i doubt they will halt the production, because we got two main people casted, Nolan is involved, WB approved the story and the cast

It's possible... they were already one week into shooting when they canned Burton's. That said...

NO...:o

if snyder got watchmen off the ground after like what 20 years of start stop start stop then supes is happening lol

if snyder got watchmen off the ground after like what 20 years of start stop start stop then supes is happening lol

:up:

Plus there is alot more at stake now than there was when they were going to make Burton's Superman.

Oh, yeah... forgot to add. If this gets canned, look forward to the Superman movie that will be made in 10 years by Fox or Sony... *shudder*

Oh, yeah... forgot to add. If this gets canned, look forward to the Superman movie that will be made in 10 years by Fox or Sony... *shudder*

Good lord that would be hell :(

Can't we get this thread renamed

Is it 1 st. April already ? :oldrazz:

There is NO chance that WB will can this movie, the Siegels, the Court Order and the fact that WB do not have as many A lister Superperheros as Marvel has contributes to this movie project getting made, not to mention NOLAN is the producer now.

This movie can't be canned because WB has to get a Superman movie in production soon or pay the Siegel and Schuster families money. Even if Snyder walks, they'll just replace him with another director.

This movie can't be canned because WB has to get a Superman movie in production soon or pay the Siegel and Schuster families money. Even if Snyder walks, they'll just replace him with another director.

kevin-smith-new-movie.jpg

Last edited:
this movie is not going to happen because Nolan is producing. this movie is happenig because WB needs to have a movie in production in 2011. if not they could lose the rights.

a Superman movie would be made with Nolan or without him.

I think the mods are leaving this thread open to toy with people's minds.

Agree. It's not like the original poster has come back to add anything to the discussion. Starts a thread then takes off.

I have a life outside of SHH don't ya know? :oldrazz:

this movie is not going to happen because Nolan is producing. this movie is happenig because WB needs to have a movie in production in 2011. if not they could lose the rights.

a Superman movie would be made with Nolan or without him.

Exactly. If they are forced to push production back (for some reason) when they no longer have the rights that would essentially put this on the shelf.

So, I guess they have a pretty good reason to move fast in getting this made but then again, I hope it turns out all right. If not, like I said, we may not get another chance to see Superman on-screen ever again or at least for a very long time. I don't know if many people realize how much of a hit or miss this film is going to be.

this isn't a stupid thread, but it's a stupid title for the thread. you should've named it "concerns about Snyder's Superman" or something. i hate when people make shocking titles for articles and threads just to get hits or attention....

Here's an article from Variety on the fact that for legal reasons Warnor Bros. has to make this movie:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007269?refCatId=13

Warner Bros. and DC Comics have lost a little more control over the Man of Steel.
In an ongoing Federal court battle over Superman, Judge Stephen Larson ruled Wednesday that the family of the superhero's co-creator, Jerry Siegel, has "successfully recaptured" rights to additional works, including the first two weeks of the daily Superman newspaper comic-strips, as well as portions of early Action Comics and Superman comic-books.

The ruling is based on the court's finding that these were not "works-made-for-hire" under the Copyright Act.

This means the Siegels -- repped by Marc Toberoff of Toberoff & Associates -- now control depictions of Superman's origins from the planet Krypton, his parents Jor-El and Lora, Superman as the infant Kal-El, the launching of the infant Superman into space by his parents as Krypton explodes and his landing on Earth in a fiery crash.

The first Superman story was published in 1938 in Action Comics No. 1. For $130, Jerry Siegel and co-creator Joel Shuster signed a release in favor of DC's predecessor, Detective Comics, and a 1974 court decision ruled they signed away their copyrights forever.

In 2008, the same court order ruled on summary judgment that the Siegels had successfully recaptured (as of 1999) Siegel's copyright in Action Comics No. 1, giving them rights to the Superman character, including his costume, his alter-ego as reporter Clark Kent, the feisty reporter Lois Lane, their jobs at the Daily Planet newspaper working for a gruff editor, and the love triangle among Clark/Superman and Lois.

While ownership of the Man of Steel is one point of all this legal activity, the real issue is money and how much Warner Bros. and DC owe the Siegels from profits they collected from Superman since 1999, when the heirs' recapture of Siegel's copyright became effective.

DC owns other elements like Superman's ability to fly, the term kryptonite, the Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen characters, Superman's powers and expanded origins.

In a statement, Warner Bros. and DC said, "Warner and DC Comics are pleased that the court has affirmed that the vast majority of key elements associated with the Superman character that were developed after Action Comics No. 1 are not part of the copyrights that the plaintiffs have recaptured and therefore remain solely owned by DC Comics."

The Shuster estate originally did not participate with the Siegels' case because Shuster has no spouse or children. But his estate later won a ruling of a recapture identical to the Siegels, which will be effective in 2013. At that point, the Siegels and Shusters will own the entire copyright to Action Comics No. 1. That will give them the chance to set up Superman pics, TV shows and other projects at another studio.

If they want to get a new "Superman" or even "Justice League" pic featuring the superhero, Warner Bros. and DC will be forced to go into production by 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"