The CW eyes The Vampire Diaries spinoff "The Originals"

Alaric tonight.

[YT]YslUaDRRfQ8[/YT]

Kind of shocked it's taken this long, in terms of the overall TVD-verse, to reveal [blackout]the origin of the werewolves[/blackout].

i always assumed they just existed like witches. it seems witches are the cause of every supernatural creature now.

That was a great episode, a lot of plot.

I bet the season will end up with Hope beating the Hollow.

Hope is a lot like the Hollow, she's a child of magic, only the Hollow is what people feared Hope would be, a little sociopath.

I'm liberating this thread from page four, because Sawyer failed to do so ;-P

Recent episode was great, tons of plot, it did a good job of escalating by having the hollow be one step ahead of everyone in the Mikaelson multi-front attack. There was continued foreshadowing of the season finale where it will obviously be Hope who defeats the Hollow.

Family bond between Freya and Elijah further established, though she's only known him for 1 or 2 years so it's hard to follow.

I'm liberating this thread from page four, because Sawyer failed to do so ;-P

You don't know me! :argh:

Anyway, given what the Hollow said about what would bring her back to life ([blackout]Elijah's death, and the death of his bloodline[/blackout]), it really reminds me that, up until last season with Tristan/Aurora/Lucien, we've never really been given any indication of any vampires existing in Elijah or Rebekah's bloodlines. It's always been Klaus. With the possible exception of Julian -> Lily -> the Heretics -> Enzo on TVD. Almost all of them are dead, but it would suck for Valerie if [blackout]Elijah was their sire[/blackout].

Back tonight, and directed by Daniel Gillies no less. :up:

You don't know me! :argh:

Anyway, given what the Hollow said about what would bring her back to life ([blackout]Elijah's death, and the death of his bloodline[/blackout]), it really reminds me that, up until last season with Tristan/Aurora/Lucien, we've never really been given any indication of any vampires existing in Elijah or Rebekah's bloodlines. It's always been Klaus. With the possible exception of Julian -> Lily -> the Heretics -> Enzo on TVD. Almost all of them are dead, but it would suck for Valerie if [blackout]Elijah was their sire[/blackout].

I wonder if we'll ever see Valerie again.

There is an easy solution to this season's plot: have one of the heretics grab the Hollow's arm, lol :-)

I enjoyed last night's episode.

They're playing up Hope's power, which is not surprising. I expect that she will be the one to defeat the hollow.

What I didn't see coming is the return of Kol, him conspiring with the harvest girls, and them just taking the dark objects. I suspect that this sets up next season's big bad. I think the harvest girls are going to use the dark objects for something else, either to kill the hollow or to harvest her power. Unless Kol becomes more powerful himself.

Poor Davina :-(

I don't understand what was so difficult about the finale? It was pretty standard to me. Is it that the hollow just wants to be loved? That Klaus spared Kol?

Oh, and the finale was not what I thought. Hope was not the one to defeat the Hollow, it was Hope's mom.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/16/spoiler-room-riverdale-originals-htgawm/
Anything for next season of The Originals? — Nelson
By now you’ve heard that The Originals is looking to do yet another time jump that would age up Hope next season. Well, I hear that aging comes with some new perks in the form of a love interest. The show is currently casting for a devilishly charming, recently-turned vampire named Roman, who finds a common bond with Hope over their dysfunctional families.

The actor playing Klaus is noticeably balding and ageing, but he's supposed to be immortal and charming.

This is how he looked early on, I think this pic is from VD:
joseph-morgan-klaus-mikaelson-the-originals-the-vampire-diaries-favim-com-906132.jpg

Finale tonight.

The actor playing Klaus is noticeably balding and ageing, but he's supposed to be immortal and charming.

This is how he looked early on, I think this pic is from VD:
joseph-morgan-klaus-mikaelson-the-originals-the-vampire-diaries-favim-com-906132.jpg

Aging? Somewhat.
Balding? Haven't really noticed that.

So the finale didn't go as I expected, but I see the point. They want to time jump to the point where Hope is an adult, as having a kid actress can only go so far.

I'm really curious what happens next season, and if they incorporate any of the VD staff.

If the rumors/spoilers of the time jump putting Hope in her late teens are true, that puts us at least a decade ahead. To that end, I wonder how they go about aging their non-immortal characters, should they stick around. Freya's mid-twenties now, if the actress' age is any indication. I can't really think of any way to try to make her look mid-thirties that wouldn't be a distraction (see: Harry/Hermione/Ron being weirdly decrepit thirty-somethings at the end of Deathly Hallows). Now, Vincent, he's probably early/mid-thirties, so just throwing some gray in his hair is probably enough to sell him as a forty-something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"