Deadpool 2 $ £ ¢ € ¥ | The Box Office Thread | ¥ € ¢ £ $

Wow never thought I’d see a day where Deadpool would outgross a justice league movie

Well that Justice League movie really set the bar low. The Guardians, the X-Men, Black Panther, Thor and Captain America have all outgrossed it.

Will be interesting to see what X-Force can do compared to the first 2 Deadpool films.

Will be interesting to see what X-Force can do compared to the first 2 Deadpool films.

Well, it's got Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz as Deadpool/Cable/Domino, so it has a pretty good chance of doing as well as the Deadpool movies.

Well, it's got Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz as Deadpool/Cable/Domino, so it has a pretty good chance of doing as well as the Deadpool movies.

I was hoping maybe even more with it being more of a team film and hopefully introducing some other great team members.

I was hoping maybe even more with it being more of a team film and hopefully introducing some other great team members.

Maybe.

I'd say it's all up to how good the trailers look to the general audience.

Don't tell Psy..This will upset him..:oldrazz:

Anyways I think the Xforce film will be more....conventional, just so it can get that China release.

Well if Fox really wants the film to outgross Deadpool 1 worldwide, then yes. Also Fox would be under Disney's family. I won't be upset with that.

Maybe.

I'd say it's all up to how good the trailers look to the general audience.

Yeah. Sure they can do a good job on that front. If it maintains all the attraction that a solo Deadpool film has (he would need to be the clear star of course) and adds in other elements like cool new characters and the team aspect that might have a broader appeal, it could be big.

It's still a great success and a HUGE achievement (it had an R-rating and being a comedy sequel going against it... while going up against some huge juggernauts such as Avengers and Star Wars).

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 had a similar drop compared to the original.

Yup. Assuming the estimate holds it was only $600k away from becoming the No. 1 live action comedy sequel of all time. So it should take that prize today.

Wow actual came up...

DEADPOOL 2
$14.14M Weekend (Actual)
3,823 Screens / $3,700 Avg.
Weekend 4 / -38.9% Change
$279.16M Total (North America)
#Deadpool? ? #Deadpool2? ? #BoxOffice

Great weekend.

Nice. Should pass both $300M DOM and $700M WW within the next 3 weeks.

Both solid milestones.

I wonder why DP2 didn't get released in China I understand the censorship but I thought DP2 was a lot more viewable to the General Audience then DP1

Nice. Should pass both $300M DOM and $700M WW within the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, it’s surprised me over the last week and a half. Nothing spectacular but it’s $4 million ahead of where I thought it would be Sunday and that could be key to getting it across the finish line.

I wonder why DP2 didn't get released in China I understand the censorship but I thought DP2 was a lot more viewable to the General Audience then DP1

It's about on par with the first one, I'd say. Except without the sex and nudity. I guess they have a problem with the gore and cocaine jokes.

But you know what, the two movies raking in so much money without China is even cooler in a way.

Last edited:

One concept that for reasons known only to the Politburo over there upsets the political class in China... TIME TRAVEL.

Not making that up. Yes there have been exceptions but officially for whatever bat-guano F'd up Communist reasoning, breaking the time barrier is a no-no for the Chinese.

One concept that for reasons known only to the Politburo over there upsets the political class in China... TIME TRAVEL.

Not making that up. Yes there have been exceptions but officially for whatever bat-guano F'd up Communist reasoning, breaking the time barrier is a no-no for the Chinese.

Xmen DOFP , Doc Strange, The last Terminator film were released in China

Xmen DOFP , Doc Strange, The last Terminator film were released in China

Lol eXactly! Avengers 4 is probably gonna feature time travel as well. China isn't blocking a film just for time travel alone.

I think it's just the typical/crude R-rated stuff. Shame, I think DP would be huge in China.

Looks like the WOM has been really good, which is always good to see and similar to the first movie.

Looks like the WOM has been really good, which is always good to see and similar to the first movie.

Yup, the movie's got good legs and is soldiering on @the box office.

By the way, everyone I know who watched it really liked it.

Yup, the movie's got good legs and is soldiering on @the box office.

By the way, everyone I know who watched it really liked it.

Same here. Haven't met anyone in my day to day life who didn't enjoy it.

Status headed into the weekend:

DEADPOOL 2
$1.33M Thursday
$285.88M Total (North America)

Boxoffice.com’s prediction is $8.7 million for the weekend, which would be another great hold if it happens.

So what is the expected final global B.O? About $715-725m?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"