TOMATOMETER
70%
Average Rating: 6.4/10
Reviews Counted: 64
Fresh: 45
Rotten: 19

Solo's first review was "rotten", LOL.
IMDb's user score: 5.4.

Yikes. Why did they even hire Ron Howard?

This will eat Solo alive.

900million world wide is my prediction

Not sure if this is accurate, but apparently Deadpool 2 will be released in China this time. Won't that be a big deal for the film?

Imagine the mess if Solo fails to outgross Deadpool 2 :ninja:.

It opened with €625.000 in Italy (the original made €523.000 on its opening day), the fourth best opening day of the year here, and the second best non-festive opening day. And info about the UK debut?

Well, Fallen, the first DP did gangbusters financially. I don't know that anyone's expecting Solo to kick DP's ass here, if DP wins out it's not going to be a big deal.

Not sure if this is accurate, but apparently Deadpool 2 will be released in China this time. Won't that be a big deal for the film?

DP2 isn't getting released in China at the time of writing this post. Fox tried a different version but it didn't get approval.

Reynolds said during Graham Norton's talk show an I quote ''I think it's certificate 15 in the UK and in China, it is actually rated GO F**K YOURSELF''.

It opened with €625.000 in Italy (the original made €523.000 on its opening day), the fourth best opening day of the year here, and the second best non-festive opening day. And info about the UK debut?

DP opened on Thursday in Italy but DP2 has a 6 day OW. DP did 2.96m OW so 4m+ OW for DP2 seems likely.

The 1st 2 days in UK are on par with Deadpool (but DP opened on Wednesday while DP2 opened on Tuesday).

The weekend in UK is not conducive for a big increase from the 1st one. Royal wedding plus Chelsea vs ManUtd in FA Cup final will affect DP2.

DP opened on Thursday in Italy but DP2 has a 6 day OW. DP did 2.96m OW so 4m+ OW for DP2 seems likely.

The 1st 2 days in UK are on par with Deadpool (but DP opened on Wednesday while DP2 opened on Tuesday).

The weekend in UK is not conducive for a big increase from the 1st one. Royal wedding plus Chelsea vs ManUtd in FA Cup final will affect DP2.

Oh yeah, good point.

It's going to be another great number for a R rated film.

Deadpool 2 is the widest 'R' rated release in history with 4,439 location counts beating 'IT's 4,148 theaters.

DP would have done 122.5m on OW assuming 7.5% (arbitrary % that I pulled outta thin air :D :D) of the business it did in it's 3 day OW was boosted by the holiday weekend (Valentine's Day plus President's Day falling on Monday). So the preview to OW multiplier would become 9.65x. This being a sequel means there will be more front-loading so I'm guessing a 17.5% drop for it's preview-OW multiplier from the first. So [(9.65x0.9) x 18.6] = 148m.

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/997847575490453504

Boxoffice
@BoxOffice

DEADPOOL 2
$53.3M Friday Estimate (Opening)

http://deadline.com/2018/05/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-2-weekend-box-office-opening-1202393815/

The franchise’s notoriety as a rebel among superhero movies makes it all the more cooler; Deadpool evolved comedies from a commercial standpoint. for The 20th Century Fox title easily made an estimated $53.5M in its first day (that’s including $18.6M Thursday night previews) giving it the highest opening day for an R-rated movie, beating New Line/Warner Bros.’ It ($50.4M). Three-day is at an estimated $132.2M which is within nickels and dimes of overtaking Deadpool‘s record R-rated opening of $132.4M.

The true Friday for DP2 is (53.3-18.6) = 34.7m. Which is eerily similar to the true Friday of the 1st one (34.6m). The 1st one made 85.1 in the remaining 2 days of the 3 day OW. But the Sunday was boosted by Valentine's day. Also the Monday was a holiday (President's day) which inflated the Sunday to some extent. So DP2 won't have that advantage on top of being a front-loaded sequel. On the topic of front-loading, DP2's previews accounted for 34.9% of it's OD while the previews for the 1st one was 26.8% of it's OD. So there is definitely a much bigger upfront demand due to being a hyped up sequel. So with that in mind DP2 is probably looking at (78-79) million from Saturday and Sunday. So I see (53.5+78.5) = 132m for the weekend.

For an optimistic scenario, I see the weekend breakdown like this 53.5m Fri. + 44.1m (-17.5%) Sat. + 35.3m (-20%) Sun. = 132.9m.

Deadpool is a big deal nowadays :cool:

Well extrapolating from that Friday # against the original if it held through the entire run(which has virtually a 0% chance of happening, I realize) both DOM and OS then DP2 would finish with a $409M DOM total and a WW cume of $882M. Oh and the OW would be $149M.

Well extrapolating from that Friday # against the original if it held through the entire run(which has virtually a 0% chance of happening, I realize) both DOM and OS then DP2 would finish with a $409M DOM total and a WW cume of $882M. Oh and the OW would be $149M.

Deadpool 2 could get very close to 1 billion. As much as I love seeing Fox fail, I also love Deadpool. The competition will juuuuuuust keep it from joining the billion dollar club.

and lack of China. Still Deadpool 2 is cheaper than most big summer movies so its a win. Please God let Disney keep Deadpool as is.

I think people might be scared to say it but ill say it, these estimates if they hold are bit disappointing, I understand the first one came out of nowhere and suprised everyone but it also had little to no competition, DP2 will have very little room in the coming weeks. Typically you want your sequels to do better and ofcourse its still might. Im not saying anything against the movie but so far its performing just like the first one I thought with all the hype it would be doing better.

When you open up so big your first time, you really don't have room to expand. No one is expecting Avengers 4 to outdo IW, or anyone who is in touch with reality.

Was it ultimately a mistake to move this to May after Infinity War and right before Solo?

Was it ultimately a mistake to move this to May after Infinity War and right before Solo?

No I don't think it was. Avengers: Infinity War has already lost most of its steam. Deadpool 2 is now the movie getting better reviews than Solo right now. So Deadpool 2 is sitting pretty and about to make $130 million off a $110 million budget. Meanwhile, Solo probably cost at least twice that amount.

Yes. An extra week of no competition is a huge deal in terms of box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"