• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC Animation ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

Hamish has given some God Tier performances over the years and I love that his voice sounds nothing like any other Batman. There's a shaky, radio play melodrama to it that suits the period aesthetic.
That did occur to me after watching the announcement vid a few times. I do hope the voice feels a little more… natural (I guess is the word I’m looking for?) in the actual show, but I don’t hate the approach.

98e5aa48-f114-4584-9c36-bae9ba663d66_text.gif
Thought you guys could use a breath of fresh air ;)

That did occur to me after watching the announcement vid a few times. I do hope the voice feels a little more… natural (I guess is the word I’m looking for?) in the actual show, but I don’t hate the approach.
Yeah so far he just sounds like he has a bad cold but it could just be the presentation.

The idea of this is finally settling in and now that we have some info about the world this exist in, even without a trailer, I am finally getting excited for this. The take on some of these characters is so interesting and functional and it makes me excited to see how the world builds.

Last edited:
Curious who Mckenna Grace is voicing.

Natalia Knight/Nocturna?

Reid Scott has certianly been making the round with new DC Animation recently:

Injustice: Green Arrow/Victor Zsasz
My Adventures with Superman: Pa Kent
Merry Little Batman/Bat-Family: Commissioner Gordon
Batman: Caped Crusader: ?

I am getting really amped about this. I have always always wanted a 1930s/1940s period piece Batman series either as movies or tv show and Linklater sounds like a 1930s grisled detective which works for this setting.

I didn't like Linklater's voice in the promo, but it was a short promo video and not a long sampling with dialogue and what not.

I do think the artwork and designs look great. I'm very intrigued by the sort of retro-noir setting and Batman visually evoking his golden age look when the character first started. I get this isn't strictly a golden age Batman series, but I really like that sort of pulp golden age of comics setting, with the advent of Detective Comics, superhero comics, pulp radio dramas, pulp novels, The Shadow etc. I've wanted like a streaming Shadow TV series or Sandman Mystery Theatre in this style but live-action. This isn't quite that, but I'm hoping it can scratch that itch.

I think it's fine to experiment with Batman now and again, in this case they are taking like a Golden Age era Batman, remixing him with some later concepts and characters.

B:TAS was like a Bronze Age/Modern Age Batman series mixed with a retro noir style.

Love that poster. Still would like to see a trailer showcasing the animation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"