1,2 Freddy's coming for you: Welcome to the elm street thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Darkness Falls, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Brian Braddock

Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

It's certainly sad that it's not gonna be Englund under the makeup but it sounds like a necessary action - hopefully they can find just the right kind of guy who'll serves as a good replacement;

However, my main concern is that they might feel they have to mess around with Krueger's design to put their own stamp on it, as quite often happens with remakes.

The Freddy look is one of those iconic images that shouldnt be messed with - Quite frankly, I hated the way Freddy looked in 'New Nightmare'.

2. dark_b

dark_b Registered

freddy should not look the same in a remake.

hes burns changed in the movie right'

in the new nightmare i really liked the muscles underneath the skin. i say a combination of burned skin and muscles. it also wouldnt hurt if we see like 4 % of bones.

3. Brian Braddock

Personally, I thought the sinew and the tendons under the skin in 'New Nightmare' looked fake.

Ideally, I'd like to see something more akin to parts 1 and 2, post-burning.

4. jokerface89

jokerface89 Registered

The only remotely good thing I can say about the remake is that it might mark the return of evil freddy or I would not care if it would be like the freddy from number 3 where they kept a good balance on his jokes and his evil deeds.I Might be intrested for this movie if Englund returns but I serious doubt that will happend.I agree that kruger make up should be something grisly like the first 2 ones or the new nightmare look.

5. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

The New Nightmare Freddy looks diferent, because it isn´t supposed to be Freddy in the first place. That said, it was freaking scary, and my favorite Nightmare film.

6. Nightmare

Nightmare "Kill Them All"

Freddy is Back!!!

7. Brian Braddock

That much is kinda obvious; still doesnt change my preference for the 'classic' look as opposed to the 'real world' look in New Nightmare.

And personally, as films go, there's no way I'd ever think that New Nightmare comes anywhere near close to topping the original. NN has it's moments, certainly, but c'mon - you're talking about it being better than the 1st 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' here.

:wow:

8. CashforStash

CashforStash Baned User (get it)

Actually, since ELM 3, and ELM 1 are my favorite ELM street movie's, I would like to see a combination of both...

9. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

Noup I just said New Nightmare is my favorite. I love the first one, but the concept of New Nightmare is very fascinating to me.

10. Nightmare

The kills in Nightmare 3 were certainly classics. Which while altered could be awesome to see nowadays.

Wonder if they'll recast Nancy.

11. The Apatow Crew

The Apatow Crew Registered

Ifts a remake of a movie that takes place at the start with a young girl. Then why would they still have a what is she like 40 some years old woman as a teenage girl?

Not trying to be a jackass or anything its just weird you said that.

12. Nightmare

I don't even understand what you were trying to say, wanna try that again?

Im asking if they would bring back a new nancy or just kill that character off and bring in a new characters.