Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the additional scenes .

Alternate opening- hospital scene shows Krueger passing away . better left on the cuting room floor imo

Nightmare Street. - Nancy walking towards the school at the end and micronaps , she sees a demonic dog and the background looks like bad place. I thought it looked cool and we could see more things like that if we ever get a sequel .

Alternate Ending . It was interesting seeing Krueger revert to his pre burn face and Nancy is definately more of a badass but I prefer the original ending.

I bought the blu ray /dvd combo , I wonder if the stand alone blu ray has the additional scenes.

Just watched it last night for the first time. I thought it was ok, nothing special or amazing. I liked JEH as Freddy.

One thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't explore the "Son of 100 Maniacs" origin. I'm no NOES expert but I remember atleast one previous movie showing flash backs of that origin, correct me if I'm wrong. But this was the coolest and scariest thing I remember about Freddy.

I can't decide if I should just get the regular DVD, or the Blu-Ray since it has one too. I had no desire to get a Blu-Ray player, but with the Star Wars saga coming next year, i'll be getting one sooner rather than later.

The first-run copies of the Blu-ray include a DVD copy, and subsequent runs will have the Blu-ray only. If you want the combo, make sure that the Blu-ray has the "Blu-ray + DVD + Digital copy" sticker on it before you buy it.

I'm no NOES expert but I remember atleast one previous movie showing flash backs of that origin, correct me if I'm wrong. But this was the coolest and scariest thing I remember about Freddy.

Elm Street3: Dream Warriors began his whole origin and was continued on thru the rest of the series.

Im sure the deleted scenes will be popping up on youtube shortly.

I picked up my BLu Ray copy of this yesterday. Still as awesome as the times i saw it in the theater. ALso, the deleted scenes are awesome, but I still do perfer the theatrical cut. :up::up::up:

Love this concept art.
Picture1-14.png

Some of the cut stuff I wish we got to see ^^^^^

sorry if these have been posted/

Saw this On Demand, and...it was pretty meh to me.

Not terrible, but it wasn't all that great.

Is this scene on the blu-ray?

Not the actual scene but they show it being filmed during the behind the scenes. If you watch the 'maniacal ' movie mode they go into depth about why certain scenes were cut.

Watched this yesterday and thought it was okay it was nothing special. I liked the original Freddie better as to me he had more of a swagger and a personality.
The main thing that annoyed me was Freddies voice its liked they re dubbed his voice over to make it more clear on screen,but it made to me like he was lip syncing or something...(kindof like TDK batman's voice it seemed loud and unnecessary).

One thing I did like is when they faded in and out the dreams and Freddy would appear then disappear etc....I thought the transition from dreams to reality and reality to dreams was well done imo.

Last edited:
There is an insane amount of deleted and unused material that could have made this movie amazing. Makes it sad how mediocre it turned out.

Since I missed this thread in my Awolness...I have to say, this was probably one of the worst horror films i've seen in a long time. It was terrible in everyway possible, and then way more then that. It was everything an ANOES movie shouldnt be. The dream scenes were boring and uninspired, the deaths were very uninteresting. It wasnt scary, it wasnt fun. It was just so....dull.

The characters were weak. Nancy had NO fire. I dont care if she was molested. GET OVER IT AND KICK SOME ash! I didnt come here to watch you mope around.

And dont get me started on that Child Molester thing. Making Freddy into just that, was the worst idea possible. Yeah, he "may or may have not" been a child molester in the originals...but he still KILLED THE KIDS. He was a killer alive, and he was one when he was dead. This one, he just decided to kill 'em. Child Molesters dont kill. And they dont need razor claws.

And that's another thing...why was he pissed at the kids? He ratted his own stupid self out. You think that he would've assumed the parents would see the big claw marks on his back....what a dumbass.

Jackie...oh Jackie...you were the perfect choice. But they made you so uninteresting. I'd rather have Freddy's Dead Freddy then this boring one. He wasnt scary, nor interesting. He was a dirty child molester, and that's it.

3/10

So that's my review. Probably long overdue, and unwanted...but oh well.

I have to agree with this review. I just saw this movie for the first time, and I was so disappointed with it for all of these reasons.

Haley was good with what he got. With a good script he'd have been amazing.

Last edited:
Since I missed this thread in my Awolness...I have to say, this was probably one of the worst horror films i've seen in a long time. It was terrible in everyway possible, and then way more then that. It was everything an ANOES movie shouldnt be. The dream scenes were boring and uninspired, the deaths were very uninteresting. It wasnt scary, it wasnt fun. It was just so....dull.

The characters were weak. Nancy had NO fire. I dont care if she was molested. GET OVER IT AND KICK SOME ash! I didnt come here to watch you mope around.

And dont get me started on that Child Molester thing. Making Freddy into just that, was the worst idea possible. Yeah, he "may or may have not" been a child molester in the originals...but he still KILLED THE KIDS. He was a killer alive, and he was one when he was dead. This one, he just decided to kill 'em. Child Molesters dont kill. And they dont need razor claws.

And that's another thing...why was he pissed at the kids? He ratted his own stupid self out. You think that he would've assumed the parents would see the big claw marks on his back....what a dumbass.

Jackie...oh Jackie...you were the perfect choice. But they made you so uninteresting. I'd rather have Freddy's Dead Freddy then this boring one. He wasnt scary, nor interesting. He was a dirty child molester, and that's it.

3/10

So that's my review. Probably long overdue, and unwanted...but oh well.

Couldn't agree more :up:

sadly, this makes the Friday the 13th remake look good

OMG the alternative ending is like 500.000 times better.

how stupid do you have to be to not use this in the theatrical cut?

he transforms back to hes old face.

is that the scene where the hallway turns into a pool of blood? i remember seeing that in the theatre, itd be dumb if they removed it for the dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"