Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the scene where the hallway turns into a pool of blood? i remember seeing that in the theatre, itd be dumb if they removed it for the dvd

No, that scene is still on the DVD. The "alternate" ending doesnt kick in until Nancys on the bed.

Is there any word on a sequel??

I know IMDB still has 2012 listed, but there has been no official anouncement. Rumors have been going about PD moving out of the horror genre, some have been that their sticking with the NOES franchise. JEH and Rooney have sign for sequels but who knows.

Sequel would be nice but they really need a better director for this franchise...

im really hoping there is at least ONE sequel for this. i was so let down that the new friday the 13th didnt get a sequel. that movie was tons better than the pieces of crap that came before it and rightfully deserved a follow-up. at least one.

I would love for this to get a sequel, the first one was pretty good.

Somebody needs to start a facebook group to build some buzz for it. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything.

Im surprised the score at Rottentomatoes is so low... even The Wolfman is not that low and I liked this film much better than Wolfman...

It's because the general consensus is even in the general audience and not just the die hard horror fans that this movie blew major chunks.

All of the the main three horror icons are dead now thanks to their reboots/remakes.

All of the the main three horror icons are dead now thanks to their reboots/remakes.

Wrong, they were dead thx to their original 80's counterparts that turned them from horror icons into walking comedic cliche's. The remakes just tried to reinvigerate them but mostly failed due to worrying to much about the tone & not enough about the characters & story, but atleast they actually tried, I can't say the same for Jason X, or Freddy's dead.

Steve

Personally I'd rather be the person that wounded the franchise, instead of the one that shot it dead and put it out's of it's mercy. Just sayin. :o

Freddy vs Jason was actually, financially, the BIGGEST for both franchises.

I like it. Very nicely done.

Wow, looks awesome! :up:

I would love for this to get a sequel, the first one was pretty good.

Somebody needs to start a facebook group to build some buzz for it. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything.

If fan support started the process that got JEH the role in the first place, maybe fan support can help ensure a sequel. I'd love at least one... no matter what other people say, I really liked the movie and Freddy in particular.

Personally I'd rather be the person that wounded the franchise, instead of the one that shot it dead and put it out's of it's mercy. Just sayin. :o

The franchises were dead , I consider the reboots a resurrection in most cases.

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I was finally able to see the remake. Call me crazy ... but I actually enjoyed it.

I thought the dream sequences were definitely cool, especially the transitions between dream and real.

I also liked Freddy losing the comedy, slapstick routine. Thought this was like the Freddy from the original.

Now, the one big issue I had
was the idea that all of the kids were molested and all had the memories repressed. I had a hard time buying the fact that no one had any memories of even being classmates. Also, not sure if this was supposed to be implied, but I think it should have been made obvious that Freddy was not just a child molester, but also a killer. *Why else would he have the glove?

With that said, I still enjoyed it. *From things I read, I went in with very low expectations and found it to be pretty fun. *Not bad for a Saturday night with a couple of cold ones.

I just saw it the other day & I liked it. I really don't get all the hate.

The only Freddy scene which I didnt like was in the library and he was playing poker with the kids or something. Everything else is good

Now that the set up and backstory have been done, I'd like to see where they take this version of Freddy. Really hope a sequel gets produced.

I hope theres a sequel too... but Platinium Dunes seems to be moving away from Horror movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"