14-Year-Old Student Charged With Murdering Math Teacher

I top mine off with virtual murder inviolent video games.

I top mine off With some grand theft auto. It happens, as Dean Winchester said - ghosts I get, people are a whole other matter.

Of all the films in the theater though he goes to see the new Woody Allen one? You can tell he has serious mental problems

I think it might have been one of those indie theaters close by that only show one movie. Just a guess though.

ku-bigpic.jpg

Gruesome new details have emerged about the death of Colleen Ritzer, the young teacher allegedly murdered at Danvers High School Wednesday night by 14-year-old Philip Chism.

According to ABC News and Boston's Fox 25, Chism told police that he followed Ritzer into the woman's restroom, punched her in the face, slashed her throat with a box cutter and put her body into a recycling bin, which he then dragged into woods near the school.

As for what Chism was doing in the hours between the crime and his arrest, the teenager was reportedly taking in Blue Jasmine, the new Woody Allen movie, at a nearby movie theater, according to ABC News.

Chism was arraigned on a murder charge yesterday afternoon and is being held without bail. He will be charged as an adult. Police still haven't released a motive for the crime or any information about the relationship between Chism and Ritzer.

Little bit of new info on the case

Man. This happened literally minutes from my home town. In the same county, I live the the city that literally borders Danvers Ma, so this was very, very sad. This one hits way too close to home for me

Recycling bin makes sense. How he can move fast. But, still bad security:

1) A woman gets killed during school hours (when there barely is anyone there, the doors are usually locked sometimes gated, unless this school isn't with the times - which then raises the question of how the kid got in if it wasn't school hours)
2) A kid drags a recycle bin through the halls, down the stairs, then into the woods -- how often do you see middle schoolers dragging recycling bins around plus then into the woods at a school?

It's suspicious seeing that. If my kid was there, I would be afraid that any adult could just walk in and take a kid.

Basically I'd say it's good that they had security cameras, but:

DURING SCHOOL HOURS: How come no red flags went off? They didn't hear her scream? See the blood in the bathroom? Think a kid bringing a recycle bin into the woods is suspicious?
AFTER SCHOOL HOURS (BARELY ANYONE THERE, BUT A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE): How did a student get in?

It's a small town, the school is pretty small too, Danvers is not one of the..nicer towns in my county, a bit cheap, if you will.

This story and all like it break my heart. Completely senseless. Good people minding their own business trying to contribute to the community treated like this.

Update with more info on what went down

Police have released more information about the tragic murder of Danvers High School math teacher Colleen Ritzer: According to several witnesses, Ritzer caught Philip Chism, the 14-year-old student accused of murdering her, drawing in her class and asked him to stay after school.

From the Boston Globe:

“He just gave a nod,” said Rania Rhaedaoui, a freshman who sat near Chism. “There was a test coming up, and she wanted to know if he had any questions.”

After Ritzer first noticed the sketching, she remarked matter of factly, “I didn’t know you could draw,” Rhaedaoui said.

Another student saw the tall, lanky teenager still in Ritzer’s classroom more than an hour after the class, the last of the day, ended shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday.

“She was standing at her computer, and he was just sitting there,” said Cambria Cloutier. “It just looked normal, like any other day.”
Not long after, surveillance cameras caught Chism following Ritzer into the woman's restroom and leaving several minutes later, covered in blood. Chism then dragged Ritzer's body to the woods, covered it with leaves, and changed out of his bloody clothes, according to WHDH.

Later that afternoon, Chism reportedly told his soccer teammates that he would miss practice and walked to a movie theater, where he was the only customer for a 4:15 showing of Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine. After the movie, Chism ate at a nearby Wendy's, where, according to WHDH, he paid for his meal with Ritzer's credit card. Approximately five hours later, police arrested him as he walked alongside a highway.

Police still haven't released a motive for the crime.

“This is an active and very fluid investigation, and it is inappropriate for me to make any comments about the possible findings of that investigation while it is ongoing,’’ Carrie Kimball Monahan, a spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan W. Blodgett, told the Boston Globe.

Update, he has been officially charged:
On Thursday, a grand jury in Essex County, Massachusetts indicted 14-year-old Philip Chism on charges first-degree murder, aggravated rape and armed robbery. Last month, Chism allegedly raped and murdered Colleen Ritzer, his math teacher, in the second floor bathroom of Danvers High School before dragging her body into nearby woods.

“The indictments returned today detail horrific and unspeakable acts,” Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said in a statement, according to the Boston Globe. “This is the first step in a long process to secure justice for Ms. Ritzer and her family.”
Chism was indicted as an adult for the murder charge and as a juvenile on the aggravated rape and armed robbery charges.

There is no hope for humanity. We dont deserve this planet and the sooner we're off it, the better.

Sad to see one incident can destory a person's hope in humanity in the face of all the countless other acts of decency performed every day. :dry:

Mary Duffy, Colleen, Danvers
I look at these names and think Marvel Comics characters, except Duffy, that's the name of writer Mary Jo Duffy. Maybe related

6' tall, 14 years old(giant?) student, athletic, polite, friendly
Nice friendly teacher
Hidden agenda or something?

Blood on the floor, no one mentioned a trail of blood? Is there a chance someone had her period there?
How do they know HE raped her
I don't want to be a jerk, but is this a real story? Are there missing or dishonest details?
There is no hope for humanity. We dont deserve this planet and the sooner we're off it, the better.

Sad to see one incident can destory a person's hope in humanity in the face of all the countless other acts of decency performed every day. :dry:
Call it one of many strings leading to loss of hope

Strings of dispair against the rope people use to help others out... I'll take the rope.

I look at these names and think Marvel Comics characters, except Duffy, that's the name of writer Mary Jo Duffy. Maybe related

Nice friendly teacher

Blood on the floor, no one mentioned a trail of blood? Is there a chance someone had her period there?
I don't want to be a jerk, but is this a real story? Are there missing or dishonest details?

Call it one of many strings leading to loss of hope

No it's a real story, and that update was the first I had heard of the rape. Apparently they have an abundance of evidence and there is no way this kid isn't going to get the book thrown at him but they are keeping mum on a lot of the specifics because he is a minor

Update, he has been officially charged:

Chism was indicted as an adult for the murder charge and as a juvenile on the aggravated rape and armed robbery charges.
Sorry but that set high school teacher on fire thread reminded me of this one, I had no idea rape and robbery had been added to the motive and charges.
Don't know what was more depressing not knowing the motive or now knowing:csad:

Last edited:
Monsters only deserve death. Enough of this PC bologna. He killed this woman in the most perverse and wretched way. When the evidence is so overwhelming the justice system needs to do all tax payers a favor and just skip straight to a death sentence. No appeals or life sentence.

Just kill it already. The worse thing you can possibly do to another human being is deprive them of their inherit birth right of choice. Taking away someones life is easily the biggest offender and especially when it's done in such a disgusting and meaningless way.

Wha....?

Nice friendly teacher

Are you talking about the teacher or the student? The teacher's agenda was to teach the student. The student's agenda was to kill the teacher. There's nothing much hidden here.

Are you serious? There's these things that have been around for decades called rape-kits that collect bodily fluids and DNA samples. They can match the semen and DNA on the victim against the suspect and find out if there's a match. This isn't some cutting-edge technology. It's featured on every other episode of CSI.

I don't want to be a jerk, but is this a real story?

:doh:

So she was raped? I did wonder about that when I was first reading the story on the first page. Why is he charged as a juvenile for the attempted rape and robbery though? If he's charged as an adult for the murder, and the rape went along with it, then why would they split them like that? :confused:

This is a senseless crime and heartbreaking for the woman's family. She seemed like a cool teacher and didn't deserve this. But a lot of kids don't even need that huge a motive for committing these crimes. If they feel just a bit slighted for whatever reason, they can take it out on their teachers (or whoever) in an extreme way. Maybe he didn't like the fact that he had to stay behind after school. Who knows?

It does sound a bit more premeditated though and not a crime of passion. If he had just gotten mad, for example, he might've just killed her in the bathroom and fled. Here he subsequently wheeled her out in a recycle bin, dumped her body elsewhere etc.

And he doesn't feel troubled in his conscience at all (probably because he has none) when he's watching a movie? He can just sit there casually and not think about the crime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"