with....

POWder-Man

Part 1 - Your "real" life
Where do you currently live?
Age?
Height?
Hair color?
Eye Color?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where? (Pics a plus)
Lefty or Righty?
Do you have any siblings?
What is your current avatar and why?
How many posts do you have right now?
Post a picture of your handwriting:

What is your job?
Do you have a car? What kind? (Pics a plus)
If you were a pro athlete, what would be your intro song?
what's your lucky number?
any superstitions?
What kind of cell phone do you have?
What's your default ringtone?
What is the last movie you saw in theatres?

Part 2 Your Hype Life
Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?
Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?
What will you sing?
Have you ever met anyone from the Hype in real life?
have you ever posted commando?
What brought you to the Hype?
What keeps you here?
Link us to a thread you enjoy:
you're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?
Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?
Which two Mods?
Hype Crush?
Hype Nemesis?
What is your favorite Smiley?
Least favorite?
Take the opportunity now to clear up one misconception about you.
What is your Hype Pet Peeve?
What SHH event (that you not necessarily had to be a part in) has given you the most enjoyment?

The Official 15 Minutes Sign Up Page: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=350867

What music would you recommend based off your collection?

Where'd you come up with your username?

Favorite movie to watch when you're bored?

What's your least favorite animal?

Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Comic Chick
Part 1 - Your "real" life
Join Date: November 8th sorry I thought this meant brithdate as it was under real life...July 8, 2004
Where were you born? Saint John, New Brunswick
Where do you currently live? New Brunswick
Age? 33[/B
]Height? 6'
Hair color? Brown but I was blonde until I was 7
Eye Color? Dark blue
Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where? (Pics a plus)Nope, but I always wanted a tattoo. However if I went with a tattoo it would have to be something special and something with meaning. I did have an eyebrow ring in my teenage years but I took it out when I realized how dumb it looked.
Lefty or Righty? Righty all the way...
Do you have any siblings? I have one brother, two sisters, and a half sister.
What is your current avatar and why? It is from an old Comedy Central show, Strangers with Candy. Just my overall feeling with the Hype lately.
How many posts do you have right now? As of right now 13,041
Post a picture of your handwriting: Hmm I will have to save this to tomorrow as I don't have a scanner at home and I am too lazy to get my camera out, take a picture, plug it into my computer, upload it, etc....I'm tired just thinking about it.
What is your job? ...lets just say I own two businesses and I work in an office.
Do you have a car? What kind? (Pics a plus) I own a 2010 Toyota Matrix and a 2004 Honda Civic.
If you were a pro athlete, what would be your intro song?
[YT]Je7MqES4Wfk[/YT]
what's your lucky number? 5 has been my lucky number as far long as I can remember
any superstitions? I am not really religious but each day I pray for a good day ahead of me and thank god at the end of each day for everything good that happen that day.
What kind of cell phone do you have? Samsung Messenger
What's your default ringtone? 1812 Overture (think V for Vendetta)
What is the last movie you saw in theatres? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

Part 2 Your Hype Life
Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?
Ahura Mazda - he's a great guy who I would enjoy hanging out with and relax.
Jewish Hobbit - he would be good at cracking the jokes and bouncing off ideas
LS - so he could mesmerize us with his nipples....nah he will make sure we are staying fit and working out.
Marx - another good guy who will be able to carry the conversation and debate on key issues
Dbella - so it isn't a sausage fest

Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?
Hunter Rider - he's my main man
What will you sing?
[YT]h3ADektyDhM[/YT]
Have you ever met anyone from the Hype in real life?
Nope, but TMOB doesn't live very far from me.
have you ever posted commando?
I know I have posted in my underwear but I don't believe so.
What brought you to the Hype? That is easy, Spider-Man 2. I came on here the night I went to see SM2 as I wanted to talk about it online with someone.
What keeps you here? Umm....boredom sometimes. I hardly ever post anymore and mostly lurk around. I post within the same threads mostly now.
Link us to a thread you enjoy: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=361461 (Better than the Funny Pics could ever hope to be)
you're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?
Jag, the guy was as smart as they come.
Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?
ETM and JAL (I want to guarantee a win)
Which two Mods?
Kalel and Spider-Fan (I want a rematch of a final three with these guys :o )
Hype Crush?
Dbella she was sweet, funny, smart and a great person to talk to.
Hype Nemesis?meh...I don't really have one as I don't waste the energy that comes with baggage.
What is your favorite Smiley?
:ninja:
Least favorite?
:facepalm:
Take the opportunity now to clear up one misconception about you.
I think the biggest thing is that early on some "people" spread a bunch of lies about me, and it got around. I am not going to talk about that crap as it's ancient history. I think some feel I might be a prick but I am actually a really good guy. I sometimes bring real life problems onto the hype and unfortunately probably act less like myself.
What is your Hype Pet Peeve? The censorship of the hype that has progressively become worse.
What SHH event (that you not necessarily had to be a part in) has given you the most enjoyment? I have enjoyed my Survivor games that I have been a part of, placing 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th and the great people I have met along the way. As well as the game I hosted with HR which gave me the experience to improve on what I did and will my next one better than ever!

Last edited:
What music would you recommend based off your collection?

I like AC/DC, Queen, Greenday, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, lots of 80's and 90's music.. I hate most of the crap that is on now etc...

If you are looking for something known less, try the Trews. I am not sure how popular they are in the states yet.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+trews&aq=0

or try the Sheepdogs...
[YT]-4JR6aw_Uqo[/YT]

Last edited:
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

If a word in the dictionary were mispelled, how would we know?

Is there another word for synonym?

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

How young can you die of old age?

If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

How many people does it take to change a searchlight bulb?

Is it still real to you?

Post 5 songs/singles you want us to listen.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

What do batteries run on?

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Do you have any infractions? If so, do you care to tell us how you got them?

What is your least favorite word?

What turns you on?

What turns you off?

What sound do you love?

What sound do you hate?

What is your favorite curse word?

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?

What profession would you not like to do?

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

Are there any questions?

Where'd you come up with your username? It's funny because I change my story each time I am asked. Okay, when I rushed on here to talk about SM2 I had to create a username. Every superhero name I tried was already taken and even then I didn't want to be a number so I just made up one based partly on Powdered Toast Man (Ren and Stimpy). If you are wondering about the extra capital letters, I went through a stage where I was thinking about changing my name so I decided to partly change it and pay homage to Power Man, Luke Cage.
Favorite movie to watch when you're bored?
Hmm...depends on my mood. If I want to laugh I watch something like Anchoman.
If I want a feel good movie I watch something like Ferris Bueler's Day off.
If I want action I will watch LOTR.

What's your least favorite animal?
I hate pigeons and seagulls but annoyingly yappy dogs are up there as well.
Are you in love? Have you ever been? I have been married nearly 10 years now so I hope so....of course it is marriage.

:awesome:

How cool is it that we have the same birthday? :oldrazz:

I like AC/DC, Queen, Greenday, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, lots of 80's and 90's music.. I hate most of the crap that is on now etc...

If you are looking for something known less, try the Trews. I am not sure how popular they are in the states yet.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+trews&aq=0

or try the Sheepdogs...
[YT]4JR6aw_Uqo[/YT]

Thanks , I liked those suggestions. I'm always going back to music in the 70s , 80s , and 90s. These days I'm trying to seek out bands I like , which seems few and far between.

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?Obviously this would happen on two separate occasions so the time in between would determine if it would result in death, or near death.

plus...there is a big difference between mostly dead and being dead.
[YT]D9tAKLTktY0[/YT]

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
Isn't that redundant? I mean if I am going to kill him I might as well make it ironic and kill him with a bazooka.
If a word in the dictionary were mispelled, how would we know?To the internetz! <cue 60's Batman music>

Is there another word for synonym?
Of course, but I am sure you have heard them all before. So instead here is the Ministry of Silly Walks
[YT]IqhlQfXUk7w[/YT]

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
As long as the animals are vegetarian themselves.

Do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
With arsenic and rat poison.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
No that is a big misconception about us, we are an equal opportunity group.

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Being married 10 years I can answer this with 100% confidence based on personal experience. Yes, he is always wrong no matter what situation or scenario.

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
No because only one personality can be in control at any one time so it would more like a suicidal threat. I guess all my other personalities agree.

How young can you die of old age?
That depends on the species/animal since you didn't specify human as a Mayfly would die after a day while a Tortoise could live over a hundred and fifty years. I need more details my man.

If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
I am usually polite but that heat is a prick.

How many people does it take to change a searchlight bulb?
As many as it takes to lift one up, plus twice as many to "supervise" it being done.

Is it still real to you?
I always keep it real.

Post 5 songs/singles you want us to listen.
Sunshine - Jonathan Edwards - beautiful song
[YT]HHRxQo2uUy8[/YT]

Somebody to Love - Queen -because everyone needs love
[YT]cxbFLYa0_bw[/YT]

We're Not Gonna to Take it - Twisted Sister - The intro alone makes this song awesome.
[YT]WT1LXhgXPWs[/YT]

Highway of Heroes - The Trews - A very sad and somber song.
[YT]QrkgV5bl7kQ[/YT]

Far Far - Yael Naim - Most will know her from her Apple Commercial song(which I posted below) but she just has this amazing voice.
[YT]ajcRFpJBLQ8[/YT]
[YT]XgEfYGzojcA[/YT]

and an extra one...
I learned the Hard Way - Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - some old motown soul...think Arethra Franklin
[YT]d_CzeNW_Fs4[/YT]

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Yeah I am pretty sure he is dead.

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
Because Stevie Wonder needs to get his money out too.

What do batteries run on?
Charlie Sheen's tiger blood!

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
Shame on you, a pun is a terrible thing to waste.

Do you have any infractions? If so, do you care to tell us how you got them?
No, I am actually clean and pure. :awesome:
The worst I have ever received was a 100 posts reduction by the great Dew, which I probably would have received much worse in this day and age.

What is your least favorite word?
"cannot" I can not accept that these two words should be together. It just simply bugs me beyond anything else.

What turns you on?
(certain) Accents are number one. I also love confidence, intelligence and a good sense of humour. As for looks I always like brown hair, great eyes, and a nice body.

What turns you off?
Bad breath, bad manners, and bad teeth

What sound do you love?
The voice of my children.

What sound do you hate?
Annoying dogs, the sound of something breaking, and my alarm clock.

What is your favorite curse word?
Fudge and Sugar - I can't swear around the kids.

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I have always been good with my hands so carpenter or electrician. There is something to be said about the satisfaction in completing a large project you made from scratch. It is like my art.

What profession would you not like to do?
One that makes me unhappy and not enjoy. As long as the job meets these two than the rest is gravy.

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Well it's about time, come on in. We just made some popcorn and the Superhero Movie marathon is just about to begin.

Are there any questions?
Where do babies come from?

More!

How cool is it that we have the same birthday? :oldrazz:

Heh, it's the single best day of the year! :up:

Thanks , I liked those suggestions. I'm always going back to music in the 70s , 80s , and 90s. These days I'm trying to seek out bands I like , which seems few and far between.

Woops sorry my link above didn't work(fixed). Yeah same here. The Trews have a lot of songs that I enjoy on my Ipod while The Sheepdogs are a bit newer. Actually they are being featured on the cover of the Rolling Stones soon.

You said that you've been married for 10 years, tell us about your wedding? What it a big ceremony? Small ceremony? Indoor? Outdoor?

How many children do you have?

You've been a member of the Hype for seven years. How has your off-Hype life changed since you first joined?

What is your favorite place to travel to in Canada?

What is your least favorite place to travel to in Canada?

Note: I've skimmed the other questions so if any of these are repeats just ignore them.

What are your top 5 favorite comicbook stories and why?

What would you say was your best moment in life?

What would you say was your worst moment in life?

If you can remember that far back, what was your favorite thing about the Contest of Marvels?

Do you plan on returning to Survivor anytime soon, as player or host?

What avatar has been your favorite that you've sported?

What avatar has been your favorite sported by someone else?

Hottest person in the world with pics?

Favorite Hype memory?

You said that you've been married for 10 years, tell us about your wedding? What it a big ceremony? Small ceremony? Indoor? Outdoor?

How many children do you have?

It was a church wedding with about 100 of my closest family and friends. My brother was my best man, and my best friend and my brother-in-law were my other groomsmen. My wife's best friend was her maid-of-honour, while her sister and one of my sisters were her bridesmaids. We had our reception at the hall next to the church with lots of food, alcohol and dancing.

Also as a fun tidbit, we booked our honeymoon to go to Cuba and unfortunately the week before our wedding they changed our flight time which was originally in the middle of the following day to 6:00 am the next morning and the airport was 4 hours away. We worried about it all week as it meant we would have to leave early from the reception, do not drink and drive over night to get there in time. Without my knowledge my family made arrangements to have a couple people drive us there so we could enjoy ourselves that night.

As for my children, my oldest child is my daughter who is 13 (brilliant, funny, artistic, big heart, active in sports and clubs, etc. and I keep her very busy with activities to keep her mind away from boys), my younest is my son and he is 7 (way ahead of his age level in his school studies, funny, sensitive, active in sports, etc)

You've been a member of the Hype for seven years. How has your off-Hype life changed since you first joined?

Not much really, but it's crazy to think I have been here 7 years. I am more ahead in life I guess. I have a bigger home, more saved up for retirement and for my children's education, etc.

And with that I am going to bed as it's past midnight now. :)

Have you ever had a recurring dream? If so, what was it?

What is the weirdest dream you've ever had?

Have you ever studied oneirology? (the study of dreams)

Marx
What is your favorite place to travel to in Canada?

What is your least favorite place to travel to in Canada?

Wow tough question as I have loved nearly everywhere I have gone in Canada and there are still places I want to go to see.

As for favorite I would have tp say Banff/Lake Louise, AB which has simply gorgeous mountains, lakes, and scenery. We went in a cable car that brought us to the top of the mountain which allowed us to travel from on top of the mountain using a walkway that was built.

Here are some pictures...

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

PEI and New Brunswick will always have a place in my heart as some of my favorite places to visit as there is always stuff to go see, such as the Hopewell Rocks or the red sandy beaches of Cavendish.

Least favorite would be a toss up between Saint John which smells bad due to the pulp mill and is quite dirty and Halifax which is the biggest city in Atlantic Canada but I don't enjoy my visits there as I can never find anything to do or go see.

That looks beautiful man! :up:

Jewish Hobbit:

Note: I've skimmed the other questions so if any of these are repeats just ignore them.

What are your top 5 favorite comicbook stories and why?
Hmm tough one but considering I am Spider-Man fan I am going to go with my favorite storylines:

1. Kraven's Last Hunt - This was an amazing story of a villain hanging on to the last threads of his sanity. When he finally accomplishes his goal he even becomes more insane until the final conclusion when he accepts his defeat and ends it all. I find this story a nice change a pace from the usual storylines and a great (final) conclusion to a great villain. I also really enjoyed the art and dark tone of the whole storyline.

2.Child Within - Another great story with another iconic villain(s). Turmoil doesn't begin to explain the difficulty Harry experiences fighting his inner demons, while Peter battles once his best friend in a great story. Which I would also include Issue #200 in this storyline as it connects.

3. The Night Gwen Stacy Died - I don't think I need to explain this one. ;)

4. Funeral Arrangements - Sensing his time is coming to an end Vulture tries to right some wrongs and settle some last scores. The art is not the greatest but stoy was top notch and I really enjoyed reading it.

5. Return of the Sinister Six/Revenge of the Sinister Six - these ones are guilty pleasures with having so many of S-M villains and action contained within the pages and the personaly struggles of some characters like Sandman, and the evil nature of Dr. Octopus makes this an enjoyable read.

What would you say was your best moment in life?
The birth of my children, and my wedding day of course. Besides that...when my children say I love you daddy. I don't care how tough of a guy you are this will melt any heart out there.

What would you say was your worst moment in life?
Well, my Grand-mother from my mother side dying. She was my closest grand parent as my others died before I was born or when I was too young to remember. She was French and didn't speak a word of English I could speak French but I was young at the time and shy) but we always connected well and we would always play cards together and she would take care of me well. It was first experience to death that I could remember and I didn't how to react at first. At the funeral when the casket was going by I broke down crying as much as I ever did, even though I didn't shed a tear before.

If you can remember that far back, what was your favorite thing about the Contest of Marvels?
Heh...that does go back. I was new to the forum at that time and trying to find my place on the hype when I came across this thread advertising the prize of the Death of Gwen Stacy for a contest. I immediately signed up but of course things happened and it changed but everyone stayed and we became a part of a GREAT season! Between Harlekin, Johnny Blaze (who won), Iceman, Phaedrus, Wolverine, and yourself it was a blast and I only wish I would have the time as I did back then to play as actively as I did back then. I regret having to bow out in seasons afterwards and it makes me sad to see it not have as much success as the first season. You and Phaedrus did a wonderful job with it and I also enjoyed hosting the awards afterwards. It still bugs me to this day for losing against Thanos while using Professor X. I had that match won and it came down to an outside vote to tie that first round. Argh...

Do you plan on returning to Survivor anytime soon, as player or host?
Playing? Probably not, I think you need to have a level of desire to want to play this game, otherwise you are dead weight for your team. I found that my last two seasons my heart wasn't in it and my teams probably suffered due to it. I would have to be attracted with a game of the century that peaks my interest, has an experienced host, and players who will make the game fun.

As for hosting, I am actually supposed to host after Matt does. I have been working on it for the past couple of years and I have created some challenges that blow away my challenges from my first game and any that I have played. My goal is to create as many challenges that involve as many players possible where everyone can be a part of it, instead of challenges that gear towards to maybe one or two players on any particular team. I am really excited with this season, and I hope to find a suitable co-host to share the duties that has the experience and desire to bring back a great game.

What avatar has been your favorite that you've sported?
I have changed so many over the past 7 years....probably my Gandalf smoking his pipe. It reflects my usual calm demure.

What avatar has been your favorite sported by someone else?
I always like Drakon's theme with his avatars but I really like one I made for Phoney Bone a long time ago...it still makes me laugh...:awesome:
http://forums.superherohype.com/member.php?u=12529

Hottest person in the world with pics?
Salma Hayek...mmmm...
It will have to wait until tonight as I feel wierd looking up hot pictures of Salma at my office.

Favorite Hype memory?
I would have to say the friends I have met over the years, the Hype Survivors, the SM forum prior to SM3, and the Contest of Marvels.

You mentioned that you own two businesses. What type of businesses are they? Have long have you owned them?

Marx
Have you ever had a recurring dream? If so, what was it?
Nah, I don't remember my dreams. I can recollect that they are odd and weird but beyond that by the time I wake up I forget them. One of my gifts (and curses) is that I can fall asleep within seconds if I choose to so I am constantly battling to stay awake. If I let myself, I can fall asleep in this office chair right now while I am here typing which I have done a few times. I can also start dreaming right away (even between snooze pushes) and realize I am dreaming but my mind works in odd ways and instead of controlling the dream I just go with the flow.

What is the weirdest dream you've ever had?
Again I don't remember any of them but I am also known to blurt out things when I talk. I told my wife one night to spread jelly on the floor so the dogs can't get us.

Have you ever studied oneirology? (the study of dreams)
Nope, I used to have this book that would tell you the meaning of something you dreamed about but I could never remember what I dreamed about so it was a waste of time.

That looks beautiful man! :up:

It is, I would love to go back! However the time I went wasn't for fun or business it was a funeral of my brother-in-law. This was done in one day as a day to get out.

You mentioned that you own two businesses. What type of businesses are they? Have long have you owned them?

That is a question that I can't answer, as I am secretive about certain things in my life and revealing what type would give away too much information. This question will have to go unanswered beyond the fact I have own them for over 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"