• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight 17 August Shoot Report (Contains some spoilers)

DangerousInc.

Founder Of The Filmix
Reaction score

Bruce's Car

Batman??

"We went down to IBM Plaza Friday morning to see if anything was going on. Filming was taking place on the 3rd (?) floor. A lot of moving around on the outside of lighting equipment. We happened to be standing right in the plaza against the bridge wall while they were taping the area off and no one told us to leave, so we were taped in.
We eventually felt funny so we went under the tape and stood on the Wabash Street sidewalk by the bridge. There was a headless dummy laying near us on the ground with several crew members around it. One crew member was holding the dummy’s head in a plastic bag. Two costume designers eventually came and were dressing the dummy in black. One designer had a big black cape to go around the dummy. The cape was enormous. The head was eventually attached. The face to me looked more like Bear Grylls then Christian Bale.
We were afraid to talk to anyone because we standing right were all the action was going to take place and did not want to be asked to move. A female cop came by to look at the body and she asked if it was Batman and they told her yes.

There was plastic bags were blowing out of a 13th (?) floor office window. We figured out that they were probably going to throw the body out of the window which was verified by IBM employees who came out for their break and were talking about the action for Friday.

Extras were brought out to stand on the State Street Bridge and on Wacker Drive (maybe 10 people). They were standing out there for almost 2 hours. Extras as cops were also standing around on State Street. Another crane was being brought onto the bridge where we were so we decided to move back. (The fumes can be overwhelming especially in the hot sun).
My son got some pictures of the extras and the prop truck. We were afraid to take pictures -- we did not want to be asked to leave. Gary Oldman came out to the plaza for a smoke with some other people. There was a gentleman who got dropped off by Trump Tower and ran across the street who looked like Aaron Eckhart in a dress shirt & tie and blue pants. I caught a glimpse of a man who briefly came to the 1st floor window who could have been Christian Bale in a green (?) business suit.
When we got back on the EL at 11:30 AM, you could see the IBM Plaza from the platform and filming was still going on."

"I saw the shoot report for 8/17 and attached are some pictures about what 'Melrose Park Patti wrote about. They replaced a window and there was suppose to be something or someone going out or coming in the window. Also a couple pictures of the Lamborghini that is allegedly Bruce Wayne's car."

That batman dummy jives with the report of a batman flying through the window during that Harvey Dent meeting.

"The face to me looked more like Bear Grylls then Christian Bale."

It's the fake batman. In a noose.

Sweet. Is that the same car he had in BB?

I see the ultrarealism continues with Nolan once again giving a car named "bat" to a man who would realistically do everything to conceal his secret bat-identity.

I see the ultrarealism continues with Nolan once again giving a car named "bat" to a man who would realistically do everything to conceal his secret bat-identity.

there's thousands of these cars. the GCPD aren't going to be investigating every lamborghini owner in Gotham during the film.

Did anyone else notice that the one fake batman in the picture with the scarecrow has the same suit on as the batman hanging outside "city hall"

What are you talking about?

No one noticed the noose around that "Batman"s neck? That would be the one that Joker hanged from the flag pole.

Not for sure, but that's the most common rumour. Apparently it was in one of the sides that someone saw.

That I don't know. I haven't read them myself. It was just the rumour I hear most about the scene.

i dont think the cops vs batman is going to as big a deal as people are thinking...i mean Gordon knows hes not a "badguy"....

No one noticed the noose around that "Batman"s neck? That would be the one that Joker hanged from the flag pole.
Im sure thats just to hold the dummy. It will be edited out in post-pro.

Well Gordons been wrong before.

LOL movie quoting on me.... i think it was pretty obvious in the end of BB that gordon is all for batman...for christs sake bats let him us his tumbler so i think bats and gordons relationship is solid....

Well I had a friend once, and he let me drive his car a few times and then he accused me of stealing money from him. (??? Don't know why, but he did). So people's opinion change. Friendships do go sour at some point.

Well I had a friend once, and he let me drive his car a few times and then he accused me of stealing money from him. (??? Don't know why, but he did). So people's opinion change. Friendships do go sour at some point.

Didn't Nolan or someone say things have to get worse before they get better. Referring to The Dark Knight. I think Batman will be a very alone, angry and messed up individual at points of this movie. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"