• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight 17 August Shoot Report (Contains some spoilers)

I'm not finished with him yet if you don't mind Octoberist!!!

There would be no point in stringing up a real person when the dummy looks fine, isn't getting paid stuntman saleries and can hang all day for filming without cigarette breaks. Just because they have money doesn't mean they want to waste it. Think of how much more complicated the filming would be with a live person up there and the guy's dead anyway, why would they put a real person up there to simulate an inanimate body?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards, honestly. Use a dummy because it's cheaper than a stuntman?

What's the budget? 100m?

I'm shocked at what you said, and even worse, I'm disappointed.

Apologies for clogging the other thread...

OK...
Please answer me this...

The Dummy used for filming is clearly a rigid plastic dummy, which is an even poorer representation of a corpse than a crash test dummy...

I think the TDK team have a budget that can afford to make a more realistic corpse!!!!

They filmed a dummy because it's a dummy in the film!!!
An effigy is a representation, a mock up, a dummy, if you will.

i understand where you are coming from, and agree with what you are saying, but I keep getting information that the vigilante has been killed and it's to send a message - I mean what do you guys think happened to who is reportedly Brian Douglas one of the fake Batman who wears an umpire chest pad? Any ideas?????

And if you were a criminal, why would you put a dummy in there instead of his body, unless maybe his body has another purpose... like a hostage?

If we assume this is Brian then he's clearly a hostage in the sides scene

i understand where you are coming from, and agree with what you are saying, but I keep getting information that the vigilante has been killed and it's to send a message - I mean what do you guys think happened to who is reportedly Brian Douglas one of the fake Batman who wears an umpire chest pad? Any ideas?????

And if you were a criminal, why would you put a dummy in there instead of his body, unless maybe his body has another purpose... like a hostage?

Well, this is a PG 13 film... They could just kill him and then put up a dummy, and dump the body.

All I'm saying is that if they meant Brian, a body or a corpse, scripts needing to be concise and obvious, it would have said so.

I'm not finished with him yet if you don't mind Octoberist!!!

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards, honestly. Use a dummy because it's cheaper than a stuntman?

What's the budget? 100m?

I'm shocked at what you said, and even worse, I'm disappointed.

Actually I was told, close ups of the body where filmed elsehwere, and the dummy would serve for LONG shots. Actually that's no uncommon at all even in a big budget film, and especially based on Nolan. He prefers to use dummies, models, etc. It wouldn't be as unrealistic as you have said, however for the moment I have conceded the argument to you, but you really shouldn't be mocking something that is so commonly performed for film -- it doesn't help your creditably.

But AGAIN if it is a dummy, where the heck is Brian's body!? If it even is Brian, or one of the other two fake Batmen.

Well, this is a PG 13 film... They could just kill him and then put up a dummy, and dump the body.

All I'm saying is that if they meant Brian, a body or a corpse, scripts needing to be concise and obvious, it would have said so.

A lot of information on that call sheet is NOT concise and obvious... including Anthony Michael's character, who while was is in Chicago right now, did not appear on that call sheet. There are several other things on that call sheet that I know are slightly deceptive, but your point is legit. So I do understand where you are coming from.

If we assume this is Brian then he's clearly a hostage in the sides scene

Right... based on what we know so far, if he isn't there hanging... then that makes the most sense. Thanks for that Sasquatch.

I know where everyone is coming from with this, it's just people on other forums have told me one of the vigilantes dies and later results in a conflict with Batman and one of them -- different from the one in the sides -- where they actually fight. But there are TONS of other explanations.

The scene with a real body just seems for thematic.

I have conceded the argument to you, but you really shouldn't be mocking something that is so commonly performed for film -- it doesn't help your creditably.

Appreciate it!!!

It's ok... I have no creditability. It's only an interweb site, I don't need any!

You're a cool guy, we were just debating.... Cool Beans...

[YT]PnwGCZL5v3c[/YT]

Appreciate it!!!

It's ok... I have no creditability. It's only an interweb site, I don't need any!

You're a cool guy, we were just debating.... Cool Beans...

You are officially the greatest person on the interweb because you posted that video... that movie totally deserved better, and that scene was BRILLIANT!

So what is the message they're (Maroni?) trying to send?

Stop supporting Batman
We have Batman
We have Batman's chum
We killed Batman and here's his body
We killed Batman's chum and here's his body

Others?

Well, this is a PG 13 film... They could just kill him and then put up a dummy, and dump the body..
Ok, i swear to god i was not going to comment anymore, but do you not see the irony of saying my perfectly reasonable explanation for using a dummy instead of a live actor, which is done all the time, btw, is ridiculous, and yet you seriously just suggested that they may have killed a man in cold blood, stripped his clothes off, pulled out their trusty life-sized dummy, dressed it in the stolen clothes, and then hung it outside the building? How does that make more sense? :dry:

And to quote my points from the other thread:

"these are supposed to be murders and serial killers they're dealing with here; why would they be killing people left and right, shooting at batman (and not to steal his snazzy threads, mind you) any chance they get and then bother to steal the clothes of a dangerous vigilante who probably was trying to screw with them, so that they could dress up a dummy...as a threat? :dry:

I mean, doesn't that seem pretty damn stupid to you? "

Murderers threatening people with puppets...seems like the wrong movie to me...
Ok, seriously, i shouldn't be near a keyboard right now, i might choke...

Stop supporting Batman
We have Batman
We have Batman's chum

Others?

Stop hanging with batman
We don't like batman hanging around Gotham
We hang vigilantes.
Batman was mobbed (teeheehee)

Stop hanging with batman
We don't like batman hanging around Gotham
We hang vigilantes.
Batman was mobbed (teeheehee)

My favorite is stop hanging with batman... he's a bad influence and makes bad decisions... get new friends

Stop supporting Batman
We have Batman
We have Batman's chum

Others?

How about: "If you don't turn over the batman: 'starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word.' "

For Vigilante outfits at low low prices come to the docks

How about: "If you don't turn over the batman: 'starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word.' "

Why is that the most OBVIOUS one, yet we haven't said it yet... we need to focus less on the humor... and more on the truth...

The truth is out there........

and yet you seriously just suggested that they may have killed a man in cold blood, stripped his clothes off, pulled out their trusty life-sized dummy, dressed it in the stolen clothes, and then hung it outside the building? How in the flying f*** does that make more sense?

I did just suggest that. How very astute of you. I just think that the TDK crew have enough money to be able to afford something more realistic than that rigid plastic dummy for filming. I mean, on film, that's gonna look like... A dummy. Oh wait. Yea, that's the plan isn't it???

And with that, i'm going to go drink whiskey until i forget everything i just read before my eyes start to bleed...

You sure you're old enough to do that?

I did just suggest that. How very astute of you. I just think that the TDK crew have enough money to be able to afford something more realistic than that rigid plastic dummy for filming. I mean, on film, that's gonna look like... A dummy. Oh wait. Yea, that's the plan isn't it???
if it's the long shots, as suggested earlier, then it won't look like a dummy.

Unfortunately, yes (23). Just stopped by the liquor store yesterday and bought a case of mikes, a couple bottles of jagermeister, some mango-flavored rum, and a decent bottle of Glen Livet single-malt scotch whiskey, (the 12 year). PARTY WOO-WOO!

Normally I would be upset seeing this name calling, but since you used the cool beans clip - I'm okay with it.

Normally I would be upset seeing this name calling, but since you used the cool beans clip - I'm okay with it.
No name-calling, just some good old-fashion internet sarcasm. You can't argue on a forum without that, i mean, really. The internet without sarcasm is like a day without sunshine...it would just suck.

yeah that's what I meant... I was just saying... I usually ignore those types of arguments, but anyone who understands cool beans is cool in my book

Unfortunately, yes (23). Just stopped by the liquor store yesterday and bought a case of mikes, a couple bottles of jagermeister, some mango-flavored rum, and a decent bottle of Glen Livet single-malt scotch whiskey, (the 12 year). PARTY WOO-WOO!

That's a couple hundred dollars worth of booze right there...

Glen Fidditch is where it's at.

That's a couple hundred dollars worth of booze right there...

Glen Fidditch is where it's at.

You really can't put me in a liquor store on payday...
But actually, it wasn't that expensive about $120 all said and done, the Glenlivet was about $45 though. the 18-year that i really wanted was $65, but i just had to try that rum.

You really can't put me in a liquor store on payday...
But actually, it wasn't that expensive about $120 all said and done, the Glenlivet was about $45 though. the 18-year that i really wanted was $65, but i just had to try that rum.

Dude... I think you have a problem...

Your drinking habits have shocked an Irishman... That's bad.
:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"