<< 2º WRITING Competition! >>

Thanks. :yay:

Somewhere in my files I have another scene similar to that one; Warren is discussing the cure with Beast (who reveals how he created a serum to cure his mutation, but resulted in enhancing it).

But in the end I felt the scene involving Storm worked best to get the point across (of accepting your powers) and to develop Storm's caring personality more -- which was kind of butchered in the film up to that point.

Yup-Storm's caring personality was very urgent... her reaction and everything... well. Let's just not talk about it.

I hadn't comented the entries yet... Good entries, guys. I specially love the Angel-Storm and Beast-Storm scenes. Really great scenes, love what they say, and both ends, beautiful moments, definetly. The Rogue-Bobby scene is nice, and is a good way to develop their conflict, but in some form, I don't like seeing Rogue that way, jelaous, arguing with Bobby about Kitty, etc... we already had the first dialogue scene of them in X3, and I personally didn't like it at all, apart from being too short. But is a good scene, everyway.

I like this scene. :) It's very real, very simple, very touching. I do think there are a couple factual errors: 1) like Flavio said, Storm probably wouldn't get cold; and 2) Xavier's first class was put together about 20 years before the X3 time, not 10. Still, though, it's a great scene. Just a couple little factual errors, is all. ;)

BTW, is the "anomoly" Hank's talking about what becomes the Legacy Virus?

1. Yes, there is an error regarding Storm and the cold temperature. I put in there because I wanted to have Beast in an environment that was isolating and distant from the rest of the mansion.

2. Does it ever say when his first class was put together? I know he met Jean 20 years before X3, but does that mean that he put together the whole school at that point?

3. The "anomaly" was supposed to be a hint that the cure is not as permanent as it seems.

1. Yes, there is an error regarding Storm and the cold temperature. I put in there because I wanted to have Beast in an environment that was isolating and distant from the rest of the mansion.

2. Does it ever say when his first class was put together? I know he met Jean 20 years before X3, but does that mean that he put together the whole school at that point?

3. The "anomaly" was supposed to be a hint that the cure is not as permanent as it seems.
1. That's okay. It is a good concept to isolate him like that.

2. Either way, Xavier did say in X1 that Jean, Storm, and Scott were among his first students. I can't imagine that he would've taken on only like 3 students in 10 years. Maybe a couple more students than that (like Beast), but still..

3. That's cool. :) I was hoping Legacy Virus, 'cause that's the route I'm going toward for X5; but I guess that at that point, the lack of permanency is the more likely "anomoly" for him to notice.

I hadn't comented the entries yet... Good entries, guys. I specially love the Angel-Storm and Beast-Storm scenes. Really great scenes, love what they say, and both ends, beautiful moments, definetly. The Rogue-Bobby scene is nice, and is a good way to develop their conflict, but in some form, I don't like seeing Rogue that way, jelaous, arguing with Bobby about Kitty, etc... we already had the first dialogue scene of them in X3, and I personally didn't like it at all, apart from being too short. But is a good scene, everyway.
Thanks for the comments. :) I'm glad to get a little feedback on it. Personally, I don't have a whole lot to add to X3. More of what I've thought about has been how Brett could have done certain scenes that were in the movie slightly differently to enhance their effect. Even that, though, hasn't been a big concern of mine. The most important thing to me as far as writing and X-Men is my X4 script. 'Course, I still did make the submission here. :oldrazz: The way I saw it, Rogue was portrayed as jealous in the movie. That scene just made her seem a little stronger in the midst of it.

I understand what you wanted. But they could have showed that in other ways too, in the better case, she deciding not to cure herself, and think about her role in the x-men, and deciding to help them in the final battle, and having an active part there, surprising both the team and the audience.

In my opinion, that would have been a great way to "close" her arc, in the trilogy, and of course, to show her evolution to a valiant and stronger girl.

At least, we can hope that to happen in X4. (can't wait)

I understand what you wanted. But they could have showed that in other ways too, in the better case, she deciding not to cure herself, and think about her role in the x-men, and deciding to help them in the final battle, and having an active part there, surprising both the team and the audience.
Yeah, but the perameters of the contest say it "Should fit the film, so you can't write something that would have repercussions in the next scenes seen in the real movie, and would end modifying them." If she came to the final battle, no way would she have taken the cure. I probably should've written something for Hank or Warren, but their stories aren't as important to me as Rogue (just a matter of personal taste and favortism), so oh well. :cwink:

In my opinion, that would have been a great way to "close" her arc, in the trilogy, and of course, to show her evolution to a valiant and stronger girl.
If X3 were the last, then I definitely agree. If there's an X4, though... That could be interesting... :word:

At least, we can hope that to happen in X4. (can't wait)
I'm working on it, bub! :woot:

hehe.

About the first thing you say, I didn't mean you to create other scene, I was saying a possibility the writers had, I mean, with Rogue. But all know that Anna had other film, etc, etc, hehe.

Your scene is a good entry.

hehe.

About the first thing you say, I didn't mean you to create other scene, I was saying a possibility the writers had, I mean, with Rogue. But all know that Anna had other film, etc, etc, hehe.
Was that Margaret? When is that darn thing coming out? :oldrazz: lol

Your scene is a good entry.
Oh, I'm not looking for that, lol. I just thought I could let you know where I was coming from. I'm not offended or anything. Sorry if I seemed like I was! :o

Never seemed offended. I just said is a good entry, is a way to develp their relationship. I presonally don't like to see Rogue that way, but that is a personal issue of mine, so the scene still is good in that sense.

And ToirL, what do you think about the new fanfiction thread?

Never seemed offended. I just said is a good entry, is a way to develp their relationship. I presonally don't like to see Rogue that way, but that is a personal issue of mine, so the scene still is good in that sense.
Thanks. :) You probably liked this Rogue of mine better, didn't you?

haha, didn't understand all the words, but is funny.

Oh, and you missed my last phrase.

Before creating the thread, I wanted to write a Moira scene, arriving to the school some scenes before Xavier's death, but then change the idea to a Beast scene in a lab of the school, maybe with Kitty, but after seeing the Beast-Storm scene here, I think isn't neccesary, hahah, don't know, that scene is perfect, so I changed my idea a few days ago. I have to start on it already, let's see if I end it soon, to can translate it and post it here.

Really? How did come to that conclusion?Just wondering
I don't know, it just clicked to me. Many of the scenes I see (and I'm not talking about you, of course. Your Rogue/Beast moment is one of my favorite fan scenes) use just too many words to describe something simple. I've been reading lots of scripts lately and, if there's one thing in common to all of them, is that they try to show most through writing least. To me, it was a very powerful scene described with sleek and straight-to-the-point dialogue. The end offers a really nice "twist" too. In one line, we have a minor, yet strong epiphany. By that text, I could bet TKing has read movie scripts too. But that's just a guess.

I'm about to write a simple scene, and I'm almost sure I can't accomplish the same effect...my English vocabulary still has to improve a lot so I could ever write well. :(

By that text, I could bet TKing has read movie scripts too. But that's just a guess.

Yeah actually I have. :D

I read as many as I can, looking for ways to improve my own scripts. The best, I find, use as little detail as possible to get the point across. After all, it's not a novel.

I don't know, it just clicked to me. Many of the scenes I see (and I'm not talking about you, of course. Your Rogue/Beast moment is one of my favorite fan scenes) use just too many words to describe something simple. I've been reading lots of scripts lately and, if there's one thing in common to all of them, is that they try to show most through writing least. To me, it was a very powerful scene described with sleek and straight-to-the-point dialogue. The end offers a really nice "twist" too. In one line, we have a minor, yet strong epiphany. By that text, I could bet TKing has read movie scripts too. But that's just a guess.

I'm about to write a simple scene, and I'm almost sure I can't accomplish the same effect...my English vocabulary still has to improve a lot so I could ever write well. :(

Haha, you just described X1/X2 dialogues :D :p I definetely love that technique. Don't mean to say it's the best ever, but it's very effective. But that doesn't mean you have to forget about applying some nature on the scene, no? ;)
And vocabulary is not just one of my problems too, I thought of a Colossus/Kitty moment, but it's so similar to the R/B one (e.g. Colossus is drawing instead of playing the piano :dry: ). I want something different! lol

I think some should do a political scene.

Everyone seems to like scenes between two x-men only, hehe. The film needed other kind of scenes involving the cure... the novel had one about a mutant from the brotherhood, I think... not sure... who get cured in the eyes of many people, I think it was atacking a base or something. Something in the line of that would be nice.

Haha, you just described X1/X2 dialogues :D :p I definetely love that technique. Don't mean to say it's the best ever, but it's very effective. But that doesn't mean you have to forget about applying some nature on the scene, no? ;)
And vocabulary is not just one of my problems too, I thought of a Colossus/Kitty moment, but it's so similar to the R/B one (e.g. Colossus is drawing instead of playing the piano :dry: ). I want something different! lol
Haha, so I take you've been reading the X-movie scripts too? :p
I did a lot of research on writing scripts for my X4 one, until I got it to look professional (I think). But the X2 script is a little misleading, since they DO describe camera movements, "push in ons", etc. But later I found out it only was this way because it was the final script, already with Singer's touches, etc. Usually they just don't put these details, because it might upset the directors, since they're the ones who choose how the scene looks, etc :confused:

Haha, so I take you've been reading the X-movie scripts too? :p
I did a lot of research on writing scripts for my X4 one, until I got it to look professional (I think). But the X2 script is a little misleading, since they DO describe camera movements, "push in ons", etc. But later I found out it only was this way because it was the final script, already with Singer's touches, etc. Usually they just don't put these details, because it might upset the directors, since they're the ones who choose how the scene looks, etc :confused:

Yeah I've noted that to. I try to limit myself from how many camera directions I include (as you say, it's more for the directors to decide) but sometimes I feel it helps set the tone, and the atmosphere of a scene.

only one, why? you wanted to post more? I think you can post here other scenes, I thought it too, but just have to specify your what is your entry on the top of the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"