2000 Election Reflection (for my bestest friend N8)

kypade said:
It's not a term that "literally" describes conservative policies, though.

Remember, Conservative is supposed to mean uneducated, mean, selfish, and any other bad and evil description a good person, like a Liberal, can come up with.

War Lord said:
Remember, Conservative is supposed to mean uneducated, mean, selfish, and any other bad and evil description a good person, like a Liberal, can come up with.

Well to be fair most of us are totally evil.

wait what

kypade said:
Florida*

Floridia is a flower.

It was a typo, I know how to spell Forlda. :rolleyes:

shop.jpg

Man-Thing said:
It was a typo, I know how to spell Forlda. :rolleyes:

shop.jpg
^ Easily the best poster on this site right now (well, second or third anyway). No one should ever laugh this hard at 3 am.

Admiral_N8 said:
Well to be fair most of us are totally evil.

wait what

Dude if that is you...you really do look like Chris Jericho. :up:

Calendar Man said:
http://elandslide.org/display.cfm?id=181

Granted this is a pro democrat site but they organized,show and have links to a bunch of the non partisan counts that found Gore the winner.

The Miami Herald for instance found Gore the winner.

You mean these links?

Theft of the Presidency (major revelations)
Stolen Election
Katherine Harris
Jeb Bush
Felon Purge
Election Reform

when I checked them out, they led to www.democrats.com

Also, since the site is quite slanted in the first place, they cherry-pick their stories that fit their propaganda and cannot be considered seriously.

Man-Thing said:
lol.

"Unknown News" and Miami Herald are the only ones mentioned. The link to Miami Herald is dead.

nice try.:up:

*Farts in your general direction.

Watch out! I had beans tonight. (Not really. I don't care for Beans.)

Calvin said:
Based on what you know of the machinations of the 2000 election, from the make-up of the ballots, to the recount procedures, to the partisan court-ruling, do you feel Bush legitimately won the 2000 election?
:rolleyes: It doesn't matter what you "feel". PNAC took office. If you don't agree then you're misinformed.
N8 should have a talk with Desert Storm-Hero COLIN POWELL.

rolleyesx100.jpg

I cone-butt this thread. :up:

jag

I just wonder how many conservatives are going to be whinning next time a democrat wins

Admiral_N8 said:
Exactly, he won with the system, if you dont like the system thats fine, but he did win with the system in place.
Except shady recounts, shady ballots, and shady court rulings aren't supposed to be par for the course for the system.

Calvin said:
Except shady recounts, shady ballots, and shady court rulings aren't supposed to be par for the course for the system BOTH times he was elected.

Fixed that for ya. :)

jag

Cyclops said:
I think I'm starting to get sick of political threads again.

we need more threads on diahrrea and how people like stuff when intoxicated.
for a former mod to get sick of thread subjects is weird.
more so since he'd be the one saying "then don't click on it" if said person was still a mod.

How the Bush stole the Election:

bush_grinchmp.jpg

PLAS said:
I just wonder how many conservatives are going to be whinning next time a democrat wins

probably just as many democrats that are complaining now about Bush now. It's really nothing new. The thing I really don't like is the parties, I think they should get rid of the political parties all together and have people run based on their beliefs and goals. It's really just like two big businesses, the Republicans and the Democrats, going at each other with some small businesses like the reform or the liberal parties thrown in there. If there were no political parties then people who have to actually make a choice for a candidate when voting instead of blindly just voting for "their" side. I know it will never happen but it was just a thought. Most people who vote really don't even know what their candidate is about they just know that they are in thier political party and thats how they vote.

I wish Gore won. How awesome would that have been? But all you morons voted for Bush. Great work, ****s.

there were too many variable in bush's favor for me to believe he won it fair and square. from his brother being the governor to katherine harris being his campaign manager in florida to his cousin being in charge of fox's election coverage when they were the first to declare him the winner. plus, the problems with faulty and confusing ballots and the rumors of many black voters being wrongly listed as felons, thus not eligible to vote and the way republican campaigners sending out and posting the wrong voting dates and times in predominantly democratic distrcts. then you've got the right-leaning supreme court stepping in and stopping the recount. it's pretty obvious that a lot of fishy and underhanded things went on in that election that pulled it in bush's favor. anyone with a scumbag like rove running his campaign is playing dirty. end of story.

PLAS said:

If the Demoncrats take the House, Senate, or President in the next few years, I will go buy a lottery ticket because it will be like lightning struck twice, odds-wise.

War Lord said:
That's my point. With the US electoral system, the only win that counts is the electoral vote, as it should be. This means that occasionally, it's possible to win against the popular vote.

It is still a legitimate win, hence, the question is bunkum.

Then the question should have been: Did that mother f***er Bush steal the mother f***ing election in 2000?

TheSumOfGod said:
Then the question should have been: Did that mother f***er Bush steal the mother f***ing election in 2000?

The answer is still no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"