2010 NFL Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
340x.gif

"How do you like it!!!"

"How do you like it!!"

Rodgers has been damn good...and the team in general got very little press during the season

Rodgers is great, and can be ranked as one of the elite QBs in the NFL. But Packers won't be going to SB without their defense playing like this right now. Unlike Jets of last season, Packers are lucky to have both their QB and defense playing well at the same time.

Yeah. I read alot of analysts' rank of the final 4 QB in the playoff, and everyone of them ranked Sanchez dead last, even behind Cutler. But Sanchez ended up doing better than any of them except for Rodgers. If he makes training and improving his #1 priority in the off-season, he could become a really good QB next season (if there is no lock-out).
I doubt it, but maybe. Sanchez is clearly the Jets' weakest link, and before you begin to tout his playoff performance, Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring, and it hardly kept him off the bench. Brad Johnson does too. McMahon managed to be part of a historic Bears team before being barely good enough to play a third of a season. While I expected the Jets to win this one, it's clear to me now the road could be long and hard for you. Say what you want about the class of losers this season: Brady and Manning. Those two spent the season pulling along teams that people wrote off in September, and exceeded the expectations of their own organizations. The Colts? Too injured. The Patriots? Rebuilding season, 25th ranked defense, jetisonned the best wide receiver in the league, etc, etc. Franchise QBs are tough to come by, and judging by the spotty performance Sanchez comes up with game to game, I doubt his long term success in the league.

But hey, Sanchez did accomplish something...He's no longer the worst QB in the post-season, that honor belongs to Jay Cutler.

Last edited:
I'm cutting Sanchez some slack. Not everyone can win a Superbowl in their first few years as QB. But I think fans see the likes of Roethlisberger, Eli winning in their first few years or the success of say Flacco or Ryan over the past few years and expect Sanchez to be slinging touchdowns like he was Peyton.

Sanchez has improved noticeably since last year, and I'm anxious to see how he performs next year (3rd year).

same here....AFC championship game 2 years in a row? that's pretty good IMO

I doubt it, but maybe. Sanchez is clearly the Jets' weakest link, and before you begin to tout his playoff performance, Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring, and it hardly kept him off the bench. Brad Johnson does too. McMahon managed to be part of a historic Bears team before being barely good enough to play a third of a season. While I expected the Jets to win this one, it's clear to me now the road could be long and hard for you. Say what you want about the class of losers this season: Brady and Manning. Those two spent the season pulling along teams that people wrote off in September, and exceeded the expectations of their own organizations. The Colts? Too injured. The Patriots? Rebuilding season, 25th ranked defense, jetisonned the best wide receiver in the league, etc, etc. Franchise QBs are tough to come by, and judging by the spotty performance Sanchez comes up with game to game, I doubt his long term success in the league.

But hey, Sanchez did accomplish something...He's no longer the worst QB in the post-season, that honor belongs to Jay Cutler.

Nah. That would be Tony Romo.

I'm cutting Sanchez some slack. Not everyone can win a Superbowl in their first few years as QB. But I think fans see the likes of Roethlisberger, Eli winning in their first few years or the success of say Flacco or Ryan over the past few years and expect Sanchez to be slinging touchdowns like he was Peyton.

Sanchez has improved noticeably since last year, and I'm anxious to see how he performs next year (3rd year).
Sanchez is too inconsistent for me to call anything he does "improvement". It seems any time he makes a gain individually it comes with a few steps back. Was this game decent for him, yes? Was the first half of the Colts game? No, he was deplorable. So while from game to game he's improved, if you look at his stats this season, and his stats last season. About the same. 54% completion percentage, 64ish passer rating, and not a great touchdown to interception ratio. I think in the age of Roethlisberger, Brady and Manning it's hard to remember that most QBs are no more memorable than OLBs. Sanchez benefits immensely from a pro-bowl caliber supporting cast. I would guess if some of his support group begins to disappear you'll see the true Sanchez emerge.
Nah. That would be Tony Romo.
He wasn't in the playoffs, but granted he is a wuss.

Carson Palmer demanded to be traded (or he would consider retirement), and Mike Brown said no.
Meanwhile, Marvin Lewis and Chad Johnson are once again at odds with each other.

The Bengals' off-season implosion in 5... 4... 3...

Damn Bears ...

Cutler has been taking a lot of abuse and the Bears did not do him any favors by listing him as questionable to return. It's now coming out that he actually did take a pain shot, tried to give it a go and couldn't. He was definitely out after that.

Of course, Cutler doesn't help his cause with the "no comments" after the game.

It has come out that it was an actual MCL (not ACL) sprain that would probably have kept him out 4-6 weeks if it was during the season.

Sanchez is too inconsistent for me to call anything he does "improvement". It seems any time he makes a gain individually it comes with a few steps back. Was this game decent for him, yes? Was the first half of the Colts game? No, he was deplorable. So while from game to game he's improved, if you look at his stats this season, and his stats last season. About the same. 54% completion percentage, 64ish passer rating, and not a great touchdown to interception ratio. I think in the age of Roethlisberger, Brady and Manning it's hard to remember that most QBs are no more memorable than OLBs. Sanchez benefits immensely from a pro-bowl caliber supporting cast. I would guess if some of his support group begins to disappear you'll see the true Sanchez emerge.
Last year I never really saw him march his team down to victory. This year he's done it on several occasions. I think last year he was mediocre, this year he was better. And I'm not saying he's the second coming of Manning but he was better.

Last year I never really saw him march his team down to victory. This year he's done it on several occasions. I think last year he was mediocre, this year he was better. And I'm not saying he's the second coming of Manning but he was better.

Overall this Jets season is a lot better, last year they were 11-8 (including post season) and this season they are 13-6 (including post season)

Overall this Jets season is a lot better, last year they were 11-8 (including post season) and this season they are 13-6 (including post season)

I see a guy whose team is learning how to manage their expectations with him.
There were several key acquisitions last year that got them to the improved 13-6, certainly a defense that was much stouter than last years, specifically in the CB positions. Plus I think they had a lot more emotional energy towards the end there.

The Cincinnati Bengals signed Jay Gruden as their new Offensive Coordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"