Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Didn't think I'd make it through the summer. But it went by quicker than I expected.

And when Heroes goes on hiatus, we get Heroes: Origins!

I wonder how many there will be?

It sucks if the final is decided just by 3 to 5 people but what can you do...

So, anyone liking any of the new shows on tv? What have you guys watched and liked? I still have to finish watching Heroes tonight..it's not grabbing me yet; I wasn't too impressed with Chuck; Survivor is the same-old/same-old; Kitchen Nightmares is absolutely great; Kid Nation is pretty disappointing, as the kids are more annoying than cute or likable. I still have to watch yesterday's Office, Reaper, and Bionic Woman. I heard great things about Reaper. Oh, and Beauty and the Geek is still a lot of fun.

Loved Reaper, Chuck, Pushing Daisies (which I didn't think I'd like), and Journeyman (which surprised me).

Liked Bionic Woman (needs a little work), Sarah Conner Chronicles, and Cavemen.

I thought the Heroes season premier was great. As was House.

Well, we end with a whimper...but, since we had only 5 votes last time, I think that's all we'll get.

MAESTRO WINS 3-2!!!!

Hmm not as good as the Desak and Thanos matchup as last year's vote turnout...although Desak got blown out of the waters....

Yeah...also, a big portion of our group had obligations that came up that pretty much took them away from a computer.

Congrats to Maestro/Kytrigger/Ahura... I'm so lost. For the few of you who are still reading this, I've had a blast and am very proud to have been a founding member of this game. Thanks to Phaed and W for the help in co-running it this season (especially since I felt like you guys did way more than I, especially toward the end), and to the rest of you, thanks for participating and I look forward to a potential third season down the road.

Hey, we had two successful seasons. And with a game that takes this long and is this indepth I call that a success! I think we left a little mark here :)

So Phaed, are there going to be any goodies sent out for this win, being that Ahura won it, but it was actually Kytrigger's character (am I remembering that right? or was it always Ahura's character? I'm so forgetful).

And on a side note:

Sorry for not being around toward the last part of the competition as I forced myself to focus on my book... and it's paid off thus far. My goal was to finish it before christmas and now it looks like it'll be done here in about 3 weeks. It's much shorter than my previous book, only around 130 or so pages, but I knew it would be and I'm satisfied with it thus far. It's a young adult/teen focused fantasy novel that I hoped would have the feel that books like Chronicles of Narnia and A Wrinkle In Time give. The only people who have read it are my mother and grandmother and they both really like it, so hopefully others will as well.

In comparison to my last book, the huge 700 monster that I didn't finish, I think it's way better. It's a lot more simple and simplistic, but it's got more direction and is a lot more imaginative and original. I taught myself how to write with the previous book and I think this one shows for it. Overall, I'm very happy with the turn out of the novel. I have to finish the last 2 1/2 chapters and then I have editing and such to do, then it's off for attempts at publication. I'm praying that it gets picked up as my dream is to be a published author, but if it doesn't I'll still be proud to have it on my shelf. I'll send a copy to the place where I get my comics bound and it'll be like a real book for me to read to my kids when they're older. Something that I can so... I did that... and be proud of. Now to just come up with a stinking title!

Congrats to Maestro/Kytrigger/Ahura... I'm so lost. For the few of you who are still reading this, I've had a blast and am very proud to have been a founding member of this game. Thanks to Phaed and W for the help in co-running it this season (especially since I felt like you guys did way more than I, especially toward the end), and to the rest of you, thanks for participating and I look forward to a potential third season down the road.

Hey, we had two successful seasons. And with a game that takes this long and is this indepth I call that a success! I think we left a little mark here :)

So Phaed, are there going to be any goodies sent out for this win, being that Ahura won it, but it was actually Kytrigger's character (am I remembering that right? or was it always Ahura's character? I'm so forgetful).

Send the prizes to Kytrigger. It was his character and he deserves the credit.

I at least made the semi finals with Pluto and lost due to the home field advantage ;) ........ and Phaed :o

Yeah, I figured also that Kytrigger really got his character this far that he really deserves the prize when he finally gets grounded again. Plus, Ahura has always told me he's into this thing for the fun, not the prizes; so, I knew wouldn't mind having the main prize go to Ahura.

And if Kytrigger isn't able to get them, the rules state that all prizes should then be forwarded to the co-commissioner and creator of the Contest of Marvels. It's in the rules somewhere I'm sure. It was mentioned back sometime last season. Yeah, just take my word for it. Yeah... that'll work :)

Sorry I didn't vote/haven't been around much. Caught up in school.

Quite alright, Harl. I hope school is going well for you. Right now, my Seahawks are getting their butts handed to them. We're going out for an early, early dinner to brighten up this soggy day.

Kind of ressurrecting a dead thread, but I'm damn happy to see that Maestro ended up winning it. Kudos to Ahura for having to go up a really tough opponnent in Iron Man/Phaedrus. While Ahura got the win, it'a defintately good to know one of my original characters ended up winning!

Kind of ressurrecting a dead thread, but I'm damn happy to see that Maestro ended up winning it. Kudos to Ahura for having to go up a really tough opponnent in Iron Man/Phaedrus. While Ahura got the win, it'a defintately good to know one of my original characters ended up winning!

Hey Ky, congrats to winning and hope all is well for you.

Congrats to you Ahura, Ky, and Phaed.....:up:

I still wonder what would have happened if I had won that first match against Thanos instead of going to a rematch......well obviously it would have meant a different winner....

So what are thoughts on next season?.....

Well, it'll be interesting seeing that Thanos, and the other top three of this season, will be out. But the final four from last season (whoever they were) will be back in play

Actually Thanos was from the first season....that's who won it all.....the other three were Desak, Loki, and Doctor Strange.......

Oh, yeah. That's right.

And there's no need to stick your tongue out at me. :cmad: :p

I honestly haven't given the next season any thought at all yet. I'm on full gung hoe book mode at the moment. I honestly don't think I'll be in it at all sadly. I'm in the editing phase of my book and when I finish that I'll be splitting my time between finding an agent, working on either the sequel or one of the other book ideas I have, and working on a comic book with another friend of mine (we started it forever ago and he wants to get back to it finally). So I think those will probably take up all my time. I think once this season of the DTL starts winding down I'll have a better idea on if I'll be able to play. I'd like to at least start... even if I can't finish, but we'll see.

How far along is the DTL now W? How much longer? I figure we can probably start working on characters and such sometime soon (though, it'll probably have to be Phaed or one of you two to head that up. I'll give my opinions, but at the moment I give editing about 2-3 hours a day on top of work, so I hardly have time to be online.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"