2011/2012 NBA Thread : A Season Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryCaleb

Superhero
Reaction score
Yes...its time to start chatting about the next season...Alot to discuss...
Will the Lakers and Celtics return to glory or wither away(unlikely)...Will the Big Three get it together and get the so called king his ring(it took Shaq and Wade some time to get the mojo working...so...)...What is the odds of an ol' team like Dallas to repeat? (Can they re-sign Chandler and Barea?) or will there even be a season at all?!? *dun dun DUN!*

Rookies...Free Agency...Rebuilding...Trades...

Lets Talk!

GO MAVS!

Also if a mod wants to change the title to something more appropriate...I am fine with it...I'm just being a homer :oldrazz:

Well, the Mavs certainly got the ball rolling by trading their 1st round pick for Rudy Fernandez, a good, capable, backup for Jason Kidd, if Kidd even decides to comeback.

Well, the Mavs certainly got the ball rolling by trading their 1st round pick for Rudy Fernandez, a good, capable, backup for Jason Kidd, if Kidd even decides to comeback.

I didn't know Rudy played the point. I thought he was more of a small forward.

In any case it's a good pickup.

Rudy's a 2.

And yes, Kidd is coming back (although I suppose a lockout could technically kill that). He's said a few times that he feels he has two more years left in him.

I didn't know Rudy played the point. I thought he was more of a small forward.

In any case it's a good pickup.
Unsure of "good pick-up". With contracts how they are it wouldn't surprise me if that's the last we see of DeShawn Stevenson at the Mavs (in fact I'd be surprised if it wasn't)...

Mavs have quite a few pivotal free agents come up with Chandler, Butler, Barea and Stevenson all up (as well as Cardinal and Stojakovic, I guess...)

Stevenson's one of the guys I'd take a good hard look at if I were the Bulls...

Unsure of "good pick-up". With contracts how they are it wouldn't surprise me if that's the last we see of DeShawn Stevenson at the Mavs (in fact I'd be surprised if it wasn't)...

Mavs have quite a few pivotal free agents come up with Chandler, Butler, Barea and Stevenson all up (as well as Cardinal and Stojakovic, I guess...)

Stevenson's one of the guys I'd take a good hard look at if I were the Bulls...

I think he's going to fit in really well with the Mavs. Lengthy (so he'll fit in real well when they go to their zone) and can shoot, which is a description of most of the swingmen they use in their system.

Kinda bummed with this offseason so far, the looming lockout is stopping teams from making major trades. Draft night came and went with only one kinda major trade and the best player in it was Stephen Jackson. :csad:

Another part of that is the general consensus that this year's draft class is poor/weak. When you're playing poker on the $1 table you're not going to see too many $500 chips...

My comments on Rudy were mainly because I view him as a step-down defensively from Stevenson. The Mavs are a deep team and everyone had their role, for example Stevenson was quite often their only suitable defensive cover for a number of match-ups in the playoffs. Offensively, Rudy's a fit, but I don't know that they can afford to lose DeShawn for that role given how much they rely on their depth.

Last edited:
Another part of that is the general consensus that this year's draft class is poor/weak.

My comments on Rudy were mainly because I view him as a step-down defensively from Stevenson. The Mavs are a deep team and everyone had their role, for example Stevenson was quite often their only suitable defensive cover for a number of match-ups in the playoffs. Offensively, Rudy's a fit, but I don't know that they can afford to lose DeShawn for that role given how much they rely on their depth.

The Mavs would be wise to keep both then & Cuban does have enough cash to spread around.

Along with Chandler, Butler and Barea?

Something's got to give. It's not because he can't afford it or wouldn't be willing to spend but because of the way the league's set up. My bet would be Stevenson since this Fernandez deal just happened.

i think of rudy as taking over for peja...i would like to resign everybody(in a perfect world)...probably getting rid of the custodian though

I think they could resign all of em except Butler. Chandler looks to be the one (IMO) that will cost the most, lotta teams looking for a presence in the paint.

I don't see Barea getting more than the MLE (assuming there IS still a MLE), played great in the playoffs but I don't see him doing what he did on another team (unless that team had as many lights out shooters as the Mavs do).

I think Cuban pays for all of em and says "no thanks" to Caron.

i wish Dwight Howard would go to OKC. i'd be a happy gal

NBA lock out midnight tonight

NBA lock out midnight tonight

From what I've heard, the NBA owners are just being extremely unreasonable with the negotiation, when they could've just accepted a revenue-sharing program like the one set up by MLB to help smaller market teams. Looks like we will not have a 2012-2013 season.

I don't understand how the owners don't know how it works. The players are the ones that get them paid. They should be kissing the players butt. No players, no game. It is that simple.

I really hope this doesn't go deep like '98. The league was just starting to get its respect back again in the mainstream.

Last edited:
And the winner of the *beep* awards. The owners of the NBA & owners/players of NFL. Congrats, greedy fools.

so is every sport gonna lock out now? it's not like they don't make enough as it is

Well there's always the MLS (non-sarcastic, I LOVE soccer).

Yeah, I think we're in for another 98 scenario here. It's kinda weird, you always hope they get it together but now that it's here and a reality doesn't sound too good from what everybody's saying.

The only way to find a solution to this problem is to amp up World Peace and bring it to the owners...

Sooo...

Lock all the owners in a small room with a Ron Artest off his face on angeldust and this thing should get resolved fairly quickly...

I think I'd be okay with the name change if it wasn't for the Metta part. Anybody know what that's about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"