2011/2012 NBA Thread : A Season Reborn - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, Jalen is so unprofessional and make THE dumbest points and is disrespecting Journalism to the most ignorant extents.

:doh:

The refs are letting the Knicks and Bucks play prison rules tonight.

Whew! I know a win's a win at this point but the Knicks got away with one there. Their defense of the Bucks backcourt was very ineffective. A lot of poor decision making out there. I like JR Smith, he can be one hell of a player when he's on but when he's not, he can be outright self-destructive.

Finally a great road win against the thunder

i love that after phil jackson says in a article for people not to worry about Bynums maturity and defense, Bynum pulls down 30 boards more then anyone this season. Zen Master still at work.

i love that after phil jackson says in a article for people not to worry about Bynums maturity and defense, Bynum pulls down 30 boards more then anyone this season. Zen Master still at work.

Yeah, Phil Jackson probably understands Bynum better than just about anybody, so it is nice to see Bynum repaying Phil's confidence in him by having such a monster game tonight.

Btw, I was pretty convinced that Lakers would lose tonight, without Kobe and Spurs playing all three of their stars, and it's a road game, to boot. To say that this is Lakers' biggest victory of the season is an understatement.

Goodness, Jalen is so unprofessional and make THE dumbest points and is disrespecting Journalism to the most ignorant extents.

:doh:
The guy is a moron and I hate it when he even comes on ESPN! I change the channel!!

Whew! I know a win's a win at this point but the Knicks got away with one there. Their defense of the Bucks backcourt was very ineffective. A lot of poor decision making out there. I like JR Smith, he can be one hell of a player when he's on but when he's not, he can be outright self-destructive.

Yeah but the Bucks backcourt is one of the best in the league. It's amazing how Ellis as a SG averages more assists than that ballhog Jennings.

Yeah, Phil Jackson probably understands Bynum better than just about anybody, so it is nice to see Bynum repaying Phil's confidence in him by having such a monster game tonight.

Btw, I was pretty convinced that Lakers would lose tonight, without Kobe and Spurs playing all three of their stars, and it's a road game, to boot. To say that this is Lakers' biggest victory of the season is an understatement.

i just wish metta can be as reliable as he was tonight all the time cause the starting 5 is great except him. well then there the bench to i guess...

Did anyone see ESPN First Take today? Jalen Rose is the biggest idiot when it comes to sports reporting. He's now saying that analysts shouldn't be allowed to call players scrubs and criticize them if they never played pro ball. WTF is he talking about?!! I do think Skip Bayless goes overboard sometimes but it's his job to call it how he "sees" it because a lot of time, a lot of people do see it that way. Man, today's athletes are nothing but overpaid babies!!! Jalen Rose shouldn't even have a job at ESPN because he sucks and he always says something positive about players no matter how much they suck, how bad the plays they are making, and how bad the team is. It's all good because he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Get the freak off of ESPN if you can't call it like you see it! :argh:

Jalen had a point though. The whole reason for that segment was because the day before, Skip felt disrespected by Jalen questioning his High School Basketball career. All he was saying is, how can Skip be upset by that but the athletes Skip disrespects on a daily basis are just supposed to accept it?

I think he was right but as usual, they let Skip take the conversation in a completely different direction when he gets caught in his hypocrisy. I've seen that dude get sensitive over the smallest things, so he should just shut his mouth if he can't take the same treatment.

Idk if I'd go there, I'd put more credence to it if they weren't coming off another Popovich benching. Clearly, their "big three" were out of sync, and partially contributed to Bynum's big night with all those bricks.

Speaking of Bynum, while he was monstrous on the boards, he was still horrible offensively, something that's been happening a little too much lately. With Kobe out, he's getting more attention, and with that, more double & triple teams. Luckily he handled it with maturity and kept playing this time.

i just wish metta can be as reliable as he was tonight all the time cause the starting 5 is great except him. well then there the bench to i guess...

He seems to get up for the marquee games, at least intensity wise. I'm resigned to the fact that his offense is just going to be inconsistent though.

Last edited:
When everyone was busting Bynum's chops, I said there was a reason Kobe & the rest of the team loved the way he played, with that eternal chip. If he can keep channeling it like he did tonight, half as well on the boards as he did tonight, we'll be fine. He said himself that he's shooting poorly, so it should be simple even for Brown to coach a guy on an issue he's publicly admitted to.

Jennings has the ugliest shot attempts in the game

Jalen had a point though. The whole reason for that segment was because the day before, Skip felt disrespected by Jalen questioning his High School Basketball career. All he was saying is, how can Skip be upset by that but the athletes Skip disrespects on a daily basis are just supposed to accept it?

I think he was right but as usual, they let Skip take the conversation in a completely different direction when he gets caught in his hypocrisy. I've seen that dude get sensitive over the smallest things, so he should just shut his mouth if he can't take the same treatment.
That's what Skip gets paid to do though. I prefer his honesty over someone like Jalen's completely predictable, stupid responses. A lot of people see it like Skip, Steven A, Rob Parker, Tony Kornheiser...............the list goes on. It amazes me how freakin sensitive today's athletes are. They get paid millions of dollars, want more, don't work hard or take the game as seriously as yesterday's players but if you say your jumper sucks, they cry about it. I remember Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith criticized LBJ when he played in Cleveland at halftime for taking to many jumpers, so after the game when Cleveland came back and won, LBJ called out Charles for talking about his bad decisions. Why the freak is he watching TNT at halftime and not listening to the coach? That's why I'm glad their are guys like Skip who criticize beyotches like LBJ instead of commentators who suck like Jalen who always find the good in players. The players want the best of both worlds: money, fame, girls(and guys), but yet no one to criticize them!! I can't stand these babies today!! :doh:

2 in a row for the 76ers, we need to either win out or lose 1 or 2 more games. We have no time to start losing games again especially close ones.

That's what Skip gets paid to do though. I prefer his honesty over someone like Jalen's completely predictable, stupid responses. A lot of people see it like Skip, Steven A, Rob Parker, Tony Kornheiser...............the list goes on. It amazes me how freakin sensitive today's athletes are. They get paid millions of dollars, want more, don't work hard or take the game as seriously as yesterday's players but if you say your jumper sucks, they cry about it. I remember Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith criticized LBJ when he played in Cleveland at halftime for taking to many jumpers, so after the game when Cleveland came back and won, LBJ called out Charles for talking about his bad decisions. Why the freak is he watching TNT at halftime and not listening to the coach? That's why I'm glad their are guys like Skip who criticize beyotches like LBJ instead of commentators who suck like Jalen who always find the good in players. The players want the best of both worlds: money, fame, girls(and guys), but yet no one to criticize them!! I can't stand these babies today!! :doh:

True, but my point, and what Jalen was saying, is if your going to be that way at least be able to take it in return.

Barkley is another one I take issue with because if he was more focused on being a leader instead of his own stats then maybe he would have a ring himself. Its probably the worst kept secret how alot of guys felt about Barkley's work ethic back then. And for such a tough guy, he allowed himself to get slapped in the face by Oak tree and didn't do a damn thing. Im just saying, before you get on TV and wax poetic, make sure your own backyards clean.

Last edited:
This is the Bulls bench in OT, giving it to the Heat like this? Jesus Christ...

This is the Bulls bench in OT, giving it to the Heat like this? Jesus Christ...
I was thinking the same thing, but at the same time, for whatever reason Spo only dressed 9 players and they showed their fatigue in OT with their only 2 FT made. That was a nightmare OT performance, but also a ridiculous coaching decision against a loaded Bulls team who actually took players from the bench, and like, put them in the game to let the starters rest. Heat bench didn't play well at all.

Still, a good ball game.

I was thinking the same thing, but at the same time, for whatever reason Spo only dressed 9 players and they showed their fatigue in OT with their only 2 FT made. That was a nightmare OT performance, but also a ridiculous coaching decision against a loaded Bulls team who actually took players from the bench, and like, put them in the game to let the starters rest. Heat bench didn't play well at all.

Still, a good ball game.

True, but this happened the last time they played too, when Lucas went berserk. I think that rotation Spo used might be the only one he trusts.

But I agree, one of my theories about Lebron in late game situations is fatigue. It might be hard to believe with someone physically built like him, but there's no craft to his game. Its all high octane athleticism, and by the 4th, he (and Wade) are spent. Still no excuse though, if Lebron hits that other FT, the games probably over.

Bah! It doesn't matter because the regular season doesn't matter. :dry: LOL at LBJ getting tired. The truth is, his entire life he's had everything go his way. He's afraid to fail! It's why they confiscated the tape when he got dunked on in a Nike camp. The guy has no heart at all.

True, but this happened the last time they played too, when Lucas went berserk. I think that rotation Spo used might be the only one he trusts.

But I agree, one of my theories about Lebron in late game situations is fatigue. It might be hard to believe with someone physically built like him, but there's no craft to his game. Its all high octane athleticism, and by the 4th, he (and Wade) are spent.
Korver hit a 3 in the end there too from like an extra 5 feet out too :funny:, at that point I was like, alright, these guys are walking around out there on defense and it's time to put a new 5 in, or just go home.

And yeah he did miss that free throw in the end there that might have sealed it, but I liked the fact that he actually tried, by holding the ball to get fouled instead of tossing it to Wade or Bosh who were nearby. I like the fact that he's trying to improve his late game clutch moments so I won't rag on him for that. But damn Spo, his name is James Jones and he can be your Kyle Korver! :cmad:

Bah! It doesn't matter because the regular season doesn't matter. :dry: LOL at LBJ getting tired. The truth is, his entire life he's had everything go his way. He's afraid to fail! It's why they confiscated the tape when he got dunked on in a Nike camp. The guy has no heart at all.
LOL at that dude, I mean, really. Ever since high school he's been targeted because of the hype surrounding him, if you're talking about money that's just whatever then, but he's put the work in on his game.

By the way, I made a .gif a couple years ago on that Nike fiasco :hehe: Here it is again, :cwink:
lebron-nikegate.gif
I don't remember too many people commenting on it when I first made it, but I thought it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"