2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or does Collinsworth look like a cross between Matthew McConaughey and a prune?

Carolina has hired Accorsi (who has Giant connections) to aid Richardson in his GM search. Early rumors are pointing to Giants' Marc Ross, and Kevin Abrams and Dave Gettleman as possible candidates.

Is it me, or does Collinsworth look like a cross between Matthew McConaughey and a prune?

Maybe a little, but it will be Will Arnett who'll play Collinsworth in his inevitable biographical film.

Carolina has hired Accorsi (who has Giant connections) to aid Richardson in his GM search. Early rumors are pointing to Giants' Marc Ross, and Kevin Abrams and Dave Gettleman as possible candidates.

Marc Ross would be perfect. Has helped the Giants draft some great talent.

Marc Ross would be perfect. Has helped the Giants draft some great talent.

Agreed, Marc is a great scout.

He brought in Cruz, Manningham, Nicks, Pierre-Paul, Phillips, Thomas, Beatty, Amukamara, Joseph, Brown, Petrus, etc.

If we can score Ross, I'll be one happy camper. Albeit, I'm not confident he can manage the salary cap like Hurney use to.

If Ross does come aboard, I wonder what his plans for Rivera are? I like Rivera and think he deserves another season, but if a big time coach claims he's available, I don't think you can pass up the opportunity.

If Ross does come aboard, I wonder what his plans for Rivera are? I like Rivera and think he deserves another season, but if a big time coach claims he's available, I don't think you can pass up the opportunity.

If the defense continues playing like they have these past couple of weeks, I would like to see Rivera stay. That said, Ron's inexperience is hindering The Panthers. Think about all the talent gone to waste (Pilhares, Stewart, Williams, Edwards, Newton, Tolbert, Olsen, etc) this season basically because he left the entire offense in Chud's hands, and did a piss-poor job at creating adjustments when the offense was starting to sputter.

If Ross decides to let Rivera stay, I'd suggest that changes to Carolina's style of play [and staff on the offensive side] would have to change immediately. The system Cam is currently under is preventing him from growing and maturing as a QB, and talented players like Pilhares and Edwards get limited snaps.

It's infuriating.

Is the Texans/Bears match-up really a SuperBowl Preview?

Carolina would be lucky to only lose by 14 today...Manning is just gonna own it.

If the defense continues playing like they have these past couple of weeks, I would like to see Rivera stay. That said, Ron's inexperience is hindering The Panthers. Think about all the talent gone to waste (Pilhares, Stewart, Williams, Edwards, Newton, Tolbert, Olsen, etc) this season basically because he left the entire offense in Chud's hands, and did a piss-poor job at creating adjustments when the offense was starting to sputter.

Reminds a lot of the San Diego Chargers. They had some great talent on their team over the years, they just couldn't get over the hump and we poorly managed. We have a great team here. 5 of their losses this year are by 6 points or less. We've been competitive all year long. Just need to start finding ways to get it done in the 4th.

If Ross decides to let Rivera stay, I'd suggest that changes to Carolina's style of play [and staff on the offensive side] would have to change immediately. The system Cam is currently under is preventing him from growing and maturing as a QB, and talented players like Pilhares and Edwards get limited snaps.

It's infuriating.

I've always loved having that great defense and running game. That's one reason why I didn't want them to draft Cam Newton.

Yeah, we're gonna get our asses owned today but we can take solace in Cam and The Panthers' D receiving another dose of experience. That, and our defense is in the Top Ten and Peyton Manning is only at 70%.

Reminds a lot of the San Diego Chargers. They had some great talent on their team over the years, they just couldn't get over the hump and we poorly managed. We have a great team here. 5 of their losses this year are by 6 points or less. We've been competitive all year long. Just need to start finding ways to get it done in the 4th.

We do. The Panthers just need another draft, a non-collegiate system and tougher coaching. Carolina, surprisingly, has alot of talent on both sides of the ball. We should be at 5-3, at least, judging from what the team has done. So this upcoming off-season is going to be monumental for us.

I've always loved having that great defense and running game. That's one reason why I didn't want them to draft Cam Newton.

I would have never foreseen Cam Newton coming to Carolina but now that he's here, I can't imagine a Panther team without him. The offense just needs balance but Chud is out of his element here. He either overworks Cam's legs or his arm.

In time, The Panthers will find a Top Three Defense and Offense in that mess but it ain't gonna be this year.

I think so. I've been on the Bears bandwagon for a couple of weeks now.

I think the Bears may win though.

I agree with the Bears possibly making an appearence, but I can't necessarily say the same for the Texans.

Take a drink every time an announcer says either "confidence" or "toughness"

You will die before the day is out.

...and there's the Dolphins we were expecting this year... :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"