2013/2014 NFL Thread: The place to get Hernandez'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots were holding an open exchange for any Hernandez jersey. They are really looking to wash their hands of this guy. It's probably even more of a ****ed up situation than already revealed

The worst part was that they'd only let you trade it in for a Tebow* :eek:

*= I completely made that up

The NFL doesn't have the authority to subvert the constitution. :whatever:

I don't think it's subverting the constitution, but when you're working for a private business, they can punish you for reasons they deem fit.

Afterall, leagues punish guys all the time for utilizing their 1st amendment rights all the time. Look at Roy Hibbertt in the NBA, or Chris Culliver of the 49ers.

That's a misinterpretation of the 1st amendment. It does not, and has never guaranteed you free reign to say whatever you want without repercussions from an employer. Unless these guys were thrown in jail their 1st amendment rights weren't violated.

And nobody is saying throw these guys in jail for owning a gun...

That's a misinterpretation of the 1st amendment. It does not, and has never guaranteed you free reign to say whatever you want without repercussions from an employer. Unless these guys were thrown in jail their 1st amendment rights weren't violated.

And you're misinterpreting the Second Amendment. The Constitution only protects citizens from the government violating their rights. If a private employer says, "as part of our standard morality clause, you are contractually forbidden from owning a firearm," that is perfectly legal. Players would have no obligation to sign, after all.

IF that is legal then so be it. I'm not certain it is, but I'm not about to pretend to be an expert.

It is perfectly legal to forfeit an otherwise legal right as part of a contract.

Sounds like karma to me.....

In other news of the "You can't make this stuff up" variety, Tim Tebow actually broke up a bar fight Hernandez got into with a bouncer back when they were at Florida.

More keeps coming out about crap he was involved in at Florida...which were promptly covered up by the Gators.

Karma rears it's ugly head when you least expect it.

Aaron Hernandez is going to be linked with every murder in the last decade.

The glove would have fit Hernandez perfectly.

So who killed Nicole Simpson in the 90's?

Obviously, Aaron Hernandez is from an alternate future where OJ Simpson actually got the part as the Terminator. He was sent back here to make sure OJ was stopped, she just got in the way.

Obviously, Aaron Hernandez is from an alternate future where OJ Simpson actually got the part as the Terminator. He was sent back here to make sure OJ was stopped, she just got in the way.

OJ Simpson playing the Terminator. :doh:

That's also the alternate future where James Cameron's career ends in selling car insurance.

OJ Simpson playing the Terminator. :doh:

That's also the alternate future where James Cameron's career ends in selling car insurance.

He's always talking to people about this movie idea about avatars or something. People just keep telling him it sounds like Ferngully.

He's always talking to people about this movie idea about avatars or something. People just keep telling him it sounds like Ferngully.

"You're scaring the customers, Jimbo. Stop talking about blue cat aliens and sell some damn car insurance or we'll can your ass"

"Yes, sir"

Victor Cruz has signed with the Giants. 5 years/43M on top of the 1 year tender he signed a month ago. That makes 6 years 45.8M and 15.6 guaranteed.

Wonder how much that means Nicks is going to get.

I hope not much. Nicks is Carolina Panther fan and has talked about coming home before.

If we could get him and draft Jordan Matthews next year... *drools*

The deal is a rather savvy one by General Manager Jerry Reese & Co. Although the five-year, $43 million portion of the contract equals out to $8.6 million annually, the overall deal is valued at the aforementioned $7.646 million annually because they were able to keep the tender in place. This also prevents the Giants' cap from increasing here in 2013, saving money for other potential free agents like fullback Vonta Leach.

I'm guessing Cruz agreed for 2 reasons, one he's from Patterson, NJ and his family is probably all here, and two, his endorsement deals I think are higher with the Giants (Time Warner Cable, Campbell's Soup, Foot Locker) than if he was say a Kansas City Chief.

I think Nicks would have to get top money. Nicks isn't as charismatic as Cruz which shows with the amount of endorsements. Think I've only see Nicks in the New Era and the Foot Locker commercials with Victor Cruz.

Isn't Nicks introverted though? He was never much of a talker during his Tar Heel days. Hakeem avoided interviews at times.

I met him, he is really quiet guy. Very nice though. I was pretty sure that Cruz would stay a Giant because of what I previously said. Nicks, I'm not as sure. They could franchise tag him next year but I think it will cost them a bit.

However, I think Nicks and Cruz being on the same team could really benefit each others stats.

I'd like to see how Rueben Randle handles being a No. 3 receiver. He's more like Nicks, outside receiver and could be a possible replacement. Nicks is faster with huge hands but Randle is a little taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"