2013/2014 NFL Thread: The place to get Hernandez'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans will talk about RG3, Kaepernick and Wilson being able to lead their teams to the playoffs and Newton failing to do that but when looking at their situations objectively The Panthers are in bad shape. I mean our team recently underwent a veteran purge no more than two seasons ago.

Cam is gonna have to wait just a little bit longer for his playoff debut.

That right there is the reason why Newton gets unfairly criticized. It sucks too because he is a fantastic pocket passer, just about as fast as RG3, and an absolute tank. He has what all goes guys have plus more, but he isn't allowed to showcase it.

The Jets are going to try to trade Tim Tebow. If they can not find a trade for Tim Tebow by March 12. He is going to be cut

Tebow needs to just man the f*** up and become a HB/FB. Hell, be a TE.

The Jets are even trying to trade him at the Combine. I imagine the Jets setting up a table there hoping someone shows interest with Tim Tebow standing next to the table holding up a sign that says "Will be your starting QB for food"

The Jets are even trying to trade him at the Combine. I imagine the Jets setting up a table there hoping someone shows interest with Tim Tebow standing next to the table holding up a sign that says "Will hold your clipboard for food"

There I fixed it for you :)

That right there is the reason why Newton gets unfairly criticized. It sucks too because he is a fantastic pocket passer, just about as fast as RG3, and an absolute tank. He has what all goes guys have plus more, but he isn't allowed to showcase it.

Cam is a raw passer but he didn't obliterate Peyton Manning's NCAA record in passing efficiency by luck. Newton will always be criticized no matter what he does, but just as long as he takes The Panthers to the promise land again I could care less about the haters. He's got outlets in LeBron, MJ, Brady, Rodgers, and Ray Lewis with Steve Smith as a mentor to deal with all that.

Tebow needs to just man the f*** up and become a HB/FB. Hell, be a TE.

If he doesn't convert now, he can kiss his career goodbye.

Yeah, but what people forget is that playing a TE or HB/FB also takes skill and practice. He might suck in those roles too. Just because he's got the right build for it doesn't mean he'd be that effective. He's had some success as a running QB simply because some NFL defenses (even my Steelers' overrated D) had trouble adjusting to the option. But stick Tebonehead in a traditional RB role, there's no guarantee he's going to even make it past the line of scrimmage. Stick him in a TE role? Do we even know if he can catch?

I agree with Rowsdower. I think it's too easy to just say move Tebow to FB/TE/etc. there's no telling if his skills would translate any better there. Plus, as far as I have heard, he hasn't shown any willingness to even make a move. He thinks he's a QB (with a shot put delivery).

Yeah, but what people forget is that playing a TE or HB/FB also takes skill and practice. He might suck in those roles too. Just because he's got the right build for it doesn't mean he'd be that effective. He's had some success as a running QB simply because some NFL defenses (even my Steelers' overrated D) had trouble adjusting to the option. But stick Tebonehead in a traditional RB role, there's no guarantee he's going to even make it past the line of scrimmage. Stick him in a TE role? Do we even know if he can catch?

He's still young though. Tim can afford to lose another season and train for the transition. However, it's entirely possible that he'll suck as a HB/FB too but Tebow the QB is done. If he wants to continue having a career in the NFL, he's going have to adapt to his strengths -- Tebow has a bulky body and possesses decent speed.

He might as well take the plunge cuz he's out of options.

He's still young though. Tim can afford to lose another season and train for the transition. However, it's entirely possible that he'll suck as a HB/FB too but Tebow the QB is done. If he wants to continue having a career in the NFL, he's going have to adapt to his strengths -- Tebow has a bulky body and possesses decent speed.

He might as well take the plunge cuz he's out of options.

He should just go to the CFL and see if anyone wants him as a starting QB. If not, damn son, just become a HB/FB/TE in the NFL.

:o I mean, if the CFL says you can't start for us, I dunno what to say...it's the C...F....L.

Everybody hatin on Panthers. I will watch live or DVR the games this year. In any case, I expect the Panthers to do better winning % wise than the Miami Marlins this year. :csad:

I'll tell you one thing. Just the idea of converting to a FB/HB/TE is a hell of a better option for him than QB at 1st through 4th string. His career is over if he chooses the latter. He's 25. He's got nothing but time. I'd say give him a chance if he chooses to convert to a new position.

Arizona is apparently liking what they see from Matt Barkley and reports are indicating that they will spend their first round pick on him.

Arizona is apparently liking what they see from Matt Barkley and reports are indicating that they will spend their first round pick on him.

Well, well, well, I guess that leaves Jets, Browns, Raiders, and maybe the Cheifs...going after Moore.

I thought no team was going after QB's in the first round, or am I thinking top 5 picks?

Ok, write it down, Moore is going to sign back with Miami...-_-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...york-jets-targeting-matt-moore-in-free-agency

He wants to play in places where it has nice weather, like Southern California. Cause he wants to be near home. And Miami has weather like Southern Cali.

The Jets are a dark horse option for Moore, Vikings are rumored to be interested. Cleveland is ruled out cause it's too cold there...

Moore is in line for a 2 or 3 year deal, worth 5 Mil a season. So 2/10 or 3/15.

I hear that Tom Brady is retiring, and the Patriots are willing to break the bank to bring Matt Moore in as his successor.

I hear that Tom Brady is retiring, and the Patriots are willing to break the bank to bring Matt Moore in as his successor.

Excel would say...

'Pass it to Moss'

Who does NE have at WR? Welker is being let go, so guess no body lolololololololol

I'm willing to change the sub-title of the thread with the help of mod (I'm not sure how).

Any new title suggestions?

I can make it happen. I too like to change it up every few weeks.

Well, well, well, I guess that leaves Jets, Browns, Raiders, and maybe the Cheifs...going after Moore.

I thought no team was going after QB's in the first round, or am I thinking top 5 picks?

Ummm, you're just wrong. Geno Smith will probably go first, second or third.

It must really be a stinking, rotten draft if the talk of Geno Smith being #1 is serious :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"