2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

Glad Oregon was able to get a 7 seed in a very favorable bracket. Oregon beat BYU earlier in the year and now BYU is without one of its top players.

I'm still depressed over the SEC championship yesterday. I keep watching James Young drive to the basket and trying to will him to retroactively keep his balance and score. It hasn't worked.

Last edited:
I'm still depressed over the SEC championship yesterday. I keep watching James Young drive to the basket and trying to will him to retroactively keep his balance and score. It hasn't worked.
Yeah it was some great stuff man :oldrazz:

Like I said on the last page, I only really care for March Madness, so I don't know the teams or players very well. My bracket will be heavily BS'ed.

Like I said on the last page, I only really care for March Madness, so I don't know the teams or players very well. My bracket will be heavily BS'ed.

Look at team stats on ESPN and make educated guesses and ****.

I have 16th Seed Coastal Carolina upsetting Virginia. Why?

1) haha, please, my name is Enter The Madness.

2) Coastal Carolina has a edge stat wise in Points per game and rebounds per game over Virginia.

3) They probably lose by around 10, but I take them winning anyway.

I also got Mercer over Duke.

I have VCU winning since I'm a casual fan of them, but I really don't see them winning against that 31-2 12th seed :csad:.

I have Syracuse beating Louisville in the championship.

Don't judge. :o

I have Syracuse beating Louisville in the championship.

Don't judge. :o

Oh, please, I always pick a 16th seed to win a game or two every year cause I'm crazy and wanna see a HUGE upset, so I ain't judging.

But that title game would be lame to me, but I am not a big college fan.

:o

My NIT Bracket is on verge of being shattered. Picked FGCU to win NIT...#fan

Ah, Geez. #Bracketbuster.

58-53 FSU over FGCU.

Two games this year I've seen FGCU play. Sadly, it was their last two games both losses.

Last edited:
Look at team stats on ESPN and make educated guesses and ****.

I have 16th Seed Coastal Carolina upsetting Virginia. Why?

1) haha, please, my name is Enter The Madness.

2) Coastal Carolina has a edge stat wise in Points per game and rebounds per game over Virginia.

3) They probably lose by around 10, but I take them winning anyway.

I also got Mercer over Duke.

I have VCU winning since I'm a casual fan of them, but I really don't see them winning against that 31-2 12th seed :csad:.

so you're "that guy" who takes a 16 seed to beat a 1 every year, just in case it happens so he can say "I told you so!" ;)

Well we started off with a great one. Good job Dayton.

Lol. That contest has the most astronomical odds ever, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

I have a feeling a lot of seemingly perfect brackets got busted by Dayton and/or Harvard.

I had Dayton. I thought about Harvard but it seemed almost too likely of an upset, if that makes any sense.

I had Dayton and Harvard winning. I'm out though because I had BYU beating Oregon.

My chance was blown after the play-in games. I literally got none of them right. I nailed Dayton vs tOSU, though.

play in games should never count. They don't count on Yahoo. And even though I went 1-4 or 2-4 on them on my paper bracket, pffft, so what, I ain't counting them play-in games. I picked all those winners to lose in the round of 64 anyway, no matter the outcome.

:o c'mon Warren...

Boom, looks like my ND state picks may come true in OVERTIIIIIIIME. Holy ****, 3 OT games on day 1?!

Last edited:
I only got 4 upsets this year in round of 64. Harvard--check. North Dakota State is...may happen. Two 12th seed there. Got ND State going to sweet 16, cause of #1 in nation FG % during season. Got Mercer going to sweet 16 as well, that is a #14th seed. And, uh, Coastal Carolina winning a game to be first 16th seed ever beating a 1 seed, cause I'm insane.

Wow, what a game SLUH. Gutsy performance by the Bilikens.

That comeback has as much to do with NC State just being awful as well. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"