2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought Brown only wanted to go to a Super Bowl contender? :o
Which is why the trade fell through, Brown refuses to move to Buffalo.

So much for having a deal set in on Brown by Friday. I'm wondering if he will end up going to the Raiders after all.

i heard Martellus wants to un-retire to play with his brother as Patriots.

I think if the Raiders play this offseason right, they could be contenders very soon. Three 1st Round draft picks coming up. I think the Raiders QB situation is the main key.

I think they will stick it out with Carr this season, if he flops it's pretty much guaranteed he's getting traded or benched next year or during the season.

Raiders are my team. I like Carr as an individual, but he has been slacking since that injury. He doesn't seem to maneuver outside the pocket to create more plays. Plus, those 5 yard pass just don't cut it. That's pretty much all he did last season.

I don’t think Carr was ever going anywhere, he will be the Raiders QB for years.

OBJ going to the Browns in exchange for Jabril Peppers and a 1st and 3rd round draft pick. Browns may have overpaid but you can't say they aren't trying to at least get better.

Browns actually did pretty decent last year. Losing just a few games to field goals. It was rough. They look pretty stacked on offense. Mayfield, Kareem Hunt, Njoku, Landry... Looks like the recipe for playoff contenders.

I don't know about Carr being the QB fir years. I think this year will be the deciding factor. I've seen some "rumors" they're interested in Kyler Murray...

Gettleman is an idiot. They gave up Odell for so much less that what he is worth, plus now carry a 16mil cap hit.

The Browns will win a playoff game before the Bengals do.

Last edited:
So Leveon Bell walked away from $70 million from the Steelers, sat out an entire season, and then took $52 million to play for the Jets?

WTF?

Wow, the Browns might actually be legit. Good for Cleveland. After 432 bad QBs, Mayfield looks like the real deal and Odell is amazing. I hope they win the AFC North this year. They'll of course get knocked out in the first or second round of the playoffs by a suddenly resurgent Patriots team who will take "revenge" on the sports media for reporting that his boss got caught with hookers.

Meanwhile, the Steelers bungled the whole Le'Veon Bell situation to the point where he was willing to take $20 million LESS to go to a **** team rather than play with them, and they let the best wide receiver in the LEAGUE go to the Raiders just to placate their scummy, busted old QB who will probably play a total of 8 games this season.

Yep, sounds about right. The standard is the standard. The American Standard. As in, the toilet manufacturer.

I can't say I'm entirely happy with what the Giants are doing.

But in regards to OBJ, (first I'm glad I didn't jump on that jersey), secondly, he's only done played in every game during a season once. So yeah he was probably one of the best WR, the Giants ever had, I do wonder if he's going to play the entire season in Cleveland.

It will be interesting to see if OBJ continues to make insanely acrobatic catches now that he won't be constantly diving for over/underthrown balls.

Makes me happy the Ravens signed Earl Thomas.

Eric Berry has been released by the Chiefs:

Adrian Peterson returning to the Redskins on 2-year deal:

Giants are scrubbing Odell Beckham from their history, not one tweet today acknowledging that he's been traded

Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with the Miami Dolphins, which means that he will have played for 1/4th of the teams in the NFL.

The Raiders are still not taking care of their defense.
Dammit Gruden, he believes a the best defense is a good offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"