2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said this week he wants to play until he's 45

Yeah I saw the interview. I think he should retire now and go out on top. That team is surely capable of winning another one, but it's not guaranteed.

An acquaintance of mine recently proclaimed that Tom will play another ten years.

He's not going to playing pro football when he's pushing fifty. That just isn't going to happen.

I read a news article (of course can't find online now) of some biggie wiggie who won about a million on eagles winning last superbowl leveraged it on the rams this year... Lesson of life perhaps to keep ahead while you can.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw the interview. I think he should retire now and go out on top. That team is surely capable of winning another one, but it's not guaranteed.

That's not Tom's way. Part of why I think he is as good as he is. He's committed to playing until he is physically unable to do it again.

That's where some of the hate does come from I admit. Other dudes that may be a decade or so younger have already given it up due to whatever reason and he's still around here a decade away from 50 still winning ****, lol. Add to looking like he does and being married to a supermodel and that's pretty much the quintessential Haterade receipe.

51710792_2177546915672290_5162449092340613120_n.jpg

If my team won, then I don't care, LOL!!!!

The Chargers and Rams apparently will both share the same stadium in 2020 from what I understand.

Yeah, that’s been known for a while.

Half the League will be wiped out now and replaced by XFL stars.:whatever:

Yes, I heard that experiment that happened many years ago is supposedly starting up again in 2020. Will I watch it? Probably not so much.

Last edited:
Well...the Patriots do dominate the AFC, therefore half the league has no shot at the Super Bowl.

Holy crap, he IS Thanos!!!! :wow:

Well, I think the Steelers had a pretty good shot as did the Saints. 1 TD and 4 FG opportunities is better than most teams hold the Patriots bad game on offense or not (Patriots of course missed 1 FG and went for it on 4th down at one point coming up short).

So yeah, Rams still held the Patriots to less than 20. The penalty's on Rams defense were minimal but did seem to hurt them to some extent at key times as well from what I recall. Otherwise, the defense did excellent. Absolutely stellar pass rush. Rams secondary got beat a number of times on some key plays due to perhaps a combination of play calling and skill. The Rams defensive structure overall seems to work well against the Pats much better than Chiefs.

Of course, there are many teams that probably would've been able to match up to the Patriots defense better. The Rams offense just were completely outcoached? They seemed to really rely on the dropback which is not something I believe they did a lot of in the regular season? The Patriots D. of course deserves a lot of credit for this.

Last edited:
Goff was asked to beat the Pats as a conventional passer. I think the Super Bowl showed he has more in common at this time with Joe Flacco than Patrick Mahomes. What I mean is, he needs a running game and play action. He cannot do what a Drew Brees or Patrick Mahomes can do and read a defense from shotgun and pick you apart. Either Goff has to evolve that aspect of his game, or the Rams need to fortify their offense so it can bully a more physical defensive game plan like that. They got bullied by the Bears, too.

I’m a big Oakland Raiders fan.
We have 4 picks in the first 35 picks.
Our history tells me they are going to blow it again.

Goff was asked to beat the Pats as a conventional passer. I think the Super Bowl showed he has more in common at this time with Joe Flacco than Patrick Mahomes. What I mean is, he needs a running game and play action. He cannot do what a Drew Brees or Patrick Mahomes can do and read a defense from shotgun and pick you apart. Either Goff has to evolve that aspect of his game, or the Rams need to fortify their offense so it can bully a more physical defensive game plan like that. They got bullied by the Bears, too.

One interesting comment I found the announcer making was how the Rams offense just began running out the clock trying to wait until the headset speakers were cutoff before lining up as if they were completely baffled on how to get through the Patriots D. Just 1 playstopper after another though.

I also didn't think they could really get a solid running game going either until well into the 2nd half. What's even more impressive about the Rams defense is how they were able to get worn down being out on the field so long having to key-in on a very tough playmaker/audible caller in Tom Brady while not giving up much. Overall, they gave their offense a chance and didn't catch much of a break.

Any other game probably would've been a high scoring back/forth to the end but this was different and made for an interesting contrast compared to the Patriots last game with the Cheifs where they appeared to be almost unstoppable offensively.

They’ll be back in Oakland, there is really no other viable option.

Indeed, no way the 49ers allow them to come into the new place.

Browns signed Kareem Hunt. I am not a fan of this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"