20th Century Fox Suing Over Warner Bros. Watchmen

In that one article where it said that Fox would get some profits from sequels/spin-offs, does that mean they'll get some $ from the Black Freighter animated DVD?

Finally it's over. I mean, sure most of us knew that this was EXACTLY what would happen, but it's nice that we wont be burdened with people's ridiculous paranoia and speculation that this movie would be canceled or something. Seriously, who really thought this movie would even get pushed back? Come on.

I'm actually okay with the settlement. The 5 to 8% boxoffice gross is probably similar to the deal Fox had with Lucas's Star Wars movies. Fox will make decent money but, it's still nothing compared to what they would have made if they kept the watchmen property rights and decided to make their own movie. It also appears as though Fox won't make money from DVD sales and televised earnings.

I had commented a few months ago about my feelings towards Larry Gordon possibly being the main villian behind this scandal and this ruling definitely validates my suspicions. He is either incompetent, a liar, or somewhere in between. I don't see how any former CEO of a major company could act this reckless in regards to the legalities of adapting a property right. The WB should have responded to Fox's threats but, it's obvious that Larry and his lawyers must have mislead the Warner Brother's with false information.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing "upfront cash payment" is insider talk for "briefcase full of $100 stacks with a handcuff." :oldrazz:

Who Watches The Watchmen?

No one but fanboys. Fox's percentage will be peanuts. This thing is going to flop, thank GOD. Let's leave the silver screen to the big boys and get this cheesy crap out of the pipeline.

Promise me when you're wrong and this movie does well you'll come back and apologize and admit you were an idiot.

Promise me.

No one but fanboys. Fox's percentage will be peanuts. This thing is going to flop, thank GOD. Let's leave the silver screen to the big boys and get this cheesy crap out of the pipeline.
wha?

alan moore?
i sure hope youll be hungry on 3-6-09...
because youll be eating some mighty tasty words

smells like a troll, no one respond to this guys comment after this post

What you said is half right and half wrong. If it s in the summer with all the blockbusters movies. I would say you are right, But since WB was smart enough (for once) to put it in March there s a good chance it might be the biggest box office since 300.

Friggin noob.:o

Thank God this is over. A fair settlement. I just always felt uncomfortable with seeing the Fox logo go up before Watchmen but it's good they won't distribute it.

I am happy about that as well.

I smell you, battlecat--that's reeeeel funky.

smells like a troll, no one respond to this guys comment after this post

Oh....oh ****, I totally messed us all up....Oh wait, nevermind all those other guys did it too. Okay.....okay.......we do it again......and we do it......right..........

Now. No more posts after this one.

Right......

NOW!

I'm going to call you a bad word.

Goliath could be a mole from Talkbackworld... those guys are the most anti-Watchmen movie on the web... for Snyder/Watchmen movie haters... that's a great site for you...

Last edited:
The movie looks great but I'm kinda thinking it might under perform. Only comic fans really know about them then add to the fact its rated R which would keep most of the kids out..........I'm just not as excited about the BO as I was at one point when I saw the first trailer. It just seems the more clips they show, the less I become interested. But then again it might change. I'm just in a really bad mood today. :cmad:

And of course, I went "Noooooooooo!" with the mention of sequels or spinoffs.

But nobody's made a move to make a sequel/spinoff to 300, so there's that...

No wait, someone on Deadline Hollywood Daily just mentioned a 300 spinoff thingie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
well they said its about the war that came after that battle in 300, which is even bigger and more significant. but i understand the anxiety about this. it will depend entirely on how that story will be written. hopefully its good though.

The movie looks great but I'm kinda thinking it might under perform. Only comic fans really know about them then add to the fact its rated R which would keep most of the kids out..........I'm just not as excited about the BO as I was at one point when I saw the first trailer. It just seems the more clips they show, the less I become interested. But then again it might change. I'm just in a really bad mood today. :cmad:

well they havent really started with the marketing blitzkrieg yet because of the legal issues, but now that its out of the way we should see more Watchmen marketing that will entice general moviegoers to seeing it. i know some general audience type people who are very interested in the movie after just seeing the teaser. theres hope yet :)

So, the movie will be out in time?

That's all that matters.

7841.gif

This Goliath cat is DEAD WRONG. I dont consider myself a fan boy, and even if i am im still getting my fan boy sea legs. The first time I was ever hyped for a superhero flick was Superman returns, and someone recommended this site to me. I liked it but didnt join until i saw the trailer for TDK, and ended up making some awesome internet buds on here.

Anyhoo, I knew jack s**t about the Watchmen flick until I saw the trailer, and my curiosity was peaked as hell. I didnt even check out the novel til about a month ago (usually I can keep myself away from something if I know its gonna spoil the plot for me, but this movie just seemed so... different... depressing, odd, foreign, whatever you want to call it, it just didnt seem like a superhero movie.) and all of my other real world friends couldnt care less about fan sites or anticipation for superhero flicks, we are the type that usually dont watch superhero stuff... hell TDK is the only batman film I didnt loathe and Ive never seen the Star Wars films lol.

My point being is that Goliath, I am the farthest thing from a fan boy I know, I usually get teased by fan boys for being clueless... and the word around the water cooler from every person I know is theres something about this flick that makes us all want to see it. This watchmen movie is being talked about more than TDK was (at least in the Phoenix area, from what Ive seen)

Sorry for the TL;DR post, but I wanted to stress that I simply dont see ANY way this movie is gonna bomb. The trailers have this unsettling, violent, almost depressing vibe to them that make people interested as ****. And after recently reading the book, WOW. Being the first comic Ive ever picked up in my life, I can honestly say that discovering superhero flicks and comic books at the age of 24 was AWESOME.

Off topic here for a sec but is it true that part of the settlement had something to do with the old Batman series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"