Days of Future Past 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Something exciting is coming, guys, and it definetly is X-men related, we just dont know if it will include Fantastic 4 or not, but since Millar has already talked to Bryan about X-men future and Fox 'grand plan', this deserves its own thread.

And a poll is the perfect format :woot:

What would you like it to be?

Note: you can vote more than one option.

Vote and discuss :cwink:

Last edited:
I think it will either be X-Men 4 or Deadpool, anything else just wouldnt seem as huge to me, unless its casting for the new FF.

Probably Deadpool or a spinoff non Prof X/Magneto or Wolverine related. Dont think it will be anything for the main series as thats in Singers control and DOFP hasnt been released yet. Also the FF mash up shouldnt be announced until that is established for a few films and we have two years before the first one is released. I expect Fox to start opening the X Men verse up and have multiple X films before any of the FF/X stuff starts.

Be pretty awesome if it was a Marvel deal with Fox though. So hope its either that, Deadpool, Silver Surfer, or a new team spinoff.

Last edited:
This is what I think is going to happen:

FOX's X-Men--as we know them now--are done. I think they are going to be rebooted like Fantastic Four. Completely new (and younger) cast that can interact not only with new FOX properties (like the aforementioned new FF) but also be on par with what's going on in MCU.

Now, someone would say "Why would FOX reboot X-Men when they are still commercially successful? Well, look at the current trends: Superman Returns vs. Man Of Steel, the Toby Maguire Spider-Man films vs. The Amazing Spider-Man, the old FF films vs. Trask's new project, etc. These studios are no longer waiting "years" to fix s*** or even restart franchises that have been huge profit-makers. Nolan's Dark Knight run is OVER and now it's going to be reimagined in the likeness of Man Of Steel so they can get their own Justice League movie off the ground. So basically, everyone is relaunching their stuff now...except FOX's X-Men. :rolleyes:

FOX stands to make a lot of $$$ by mixing their characters with the bigger selling franchises at Marvel, but there would have to be some conditions: Let's keep it real: there is no way that Marvel is going to allow Halle Berry as Storm in their universe, or a dead/MIA Cyclops, etc. That is all FOX's s*** and would die with a new envisioning of the franchise.

And isn't it about time? The current X-cast has done a good job but they've been on the map for 13, 14 years now and it's time to retire the 90's feeling sitcom. Let's face it: there are far more things WRONG with the current X-Men/Wolverine franchise than right. Certain marquee characterizations (Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, etc.,) will never be "fixed" to Marvel's CU standards at this point with these actors in their late 30s and 40s, etc.

First Class was a step in the right direction. They need to continue with it and go all the way.

Never gonna happen.

Never gonna happen.

In lieu of what's happening with the Dark Knight, Spider-Man, Superman, and X-Men's neighboring Fantastic Four franchises I think it's absolutely going to happen.

I'm almost willing to bet good money on it.

cheungcheung said:
They are def not rebooting xmen

Okay.

Cheung and JP: I gave several solid reasons why they would certainly would reboot. Can you provide equally solid reasons they wouldn't?

They aren't going to be rebooting.That defeats the entire purpose of doing any correcting.

And isn't it about time? The current X-cast has done a good job but they've been on the map for 13, 14 years now and it's time to retire the 90's feeling sitcom. Let's face it: there are far more things WRONG with the current X-Men/Wolverine franchise than right. Certain marquee characterizations (Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, etc.,) will never be "fixed" to Marvel's CU standards at this point with these actors in their late 30s and 40s, etc.

First Class was a step in the right direction. They need to continue with it and go all the way.

I agree. As much as I enjoy Some of the older cast, after this next film, they should start fresh.

I'm surprised you said First Class was a step in the right direction LS. Before the movie was out, I remember you being on here saying how you weren't going to see it and were fed up with what they were doing to this franchise.

They aren't going to be rebooting.That defeats the entire purpose of doing any correcting.

They already did a soft reboot with First Class. They are doing a hard reboot with Fantastic Four. There are too many continuity issues at this point between X-Men and the Wolverine films to NOT do a hard reboot.

Just because they are correcting things now doesn't mean they have plans to cast those same actors again. Do you realize that Famke Janssen is almost 50 years old? What would be the point of casting her again as Jean Grey for the next 10 years?

Come. On. :whatever:

I'm surprised you said First Class was a step in the right direction LS. Before the movie was out, I remember you being on here saying how you weren't going to see it and were fed up with what they were doing to this franchise.

LOL :up:

I was fed up with it. And I still am.

But you know what? There are countless others who feel the same way. FOX & Co. are not stupid--they are looking at the ratings MCU is getting and comparing it to the lackluster response they're receiving for their own franchises. I think they get the point and it's time for a new beginning. FOX's "realistic" approach in 1999 and 2000 was effective for then. But now, MCU has fully embraced the full fantastical nature of these comics--with aliens, monsters, gods, etc, leaving FOX in the damn cold.

Re.

Boot.

LOL :up:

I was fed up with it. And I still am.

But you know what? There are countless others who feel the same way. FOX & Co. are not stupid--they are looking at the ratings MCU is getting and comparing it to the lackluster response they're receiving for their own franchises. I think they get the point and it's time for a new beginning.

If Hugh, Halle, Patrick, Ian, Famke, etc. were 10 years younger, I could see them trying to hang on to it. But the actors are not gonna be running around in their leather tights for another 10 years. That's like William Shatner, Nichelle Nichols and Leonard Nimoy still doing Star Trek well into their 60s. :down

Re.

Boot.

Well, I fully agree. It is time for a reboot. As much as I would have loved a past trilogy with McAvoy and Fassbender, Singer decided to make "their" sequel more of the old casts sequel.

Luckily McAvoy said he liked the script.

I doubt they will announce their 8th X-Men film this year.

This will be something different, probably related to The Fantastic Four.

And It's people like you with the Disney(and yes you should call It Disney and not MS.It and lucasfilm are simply part of disney) VS Fox arguements Is causing me to not to want to spend any money or time on any MCU anymore especilly since I hate the ultimate line which
the MCU Is based on>Plus most MS films aren't as good as X-Men,X2,and first Class.I am going meh with Iron Man 3.I am not going to spend any money on Thor:Dark world since I promised If the worthless character of marcy was In sequel I wouldn't spend a penny on It.And they are expanding her role.I have No Intrest In GOTG.Captain America:The WInter Soldier will depend on trailer and rather they have a villain as mastermind instead of Zola or Crossbones.And If avengers sequel Is just avengers as shield unit they comes together and goes apart at end of film again.Then I won't be giving them any of my money eather.

If you hate the X-Men films so much why post In DOFP threads.That makes no sense.

This is what I think is going to happen:

FOX's X-Men--as we know them now--are done. I think they are going to be rebooted like Fantastic Four. Completely new (and younger) cast that can interact not only with new FOX properties (like the aforementioned new FF) but also be on par with what's going on in MCU.

Now, someone would say "Why would FOX reboot X-Men when they are still commercially successful? Well, look at the current trends: Superman Returns vs. Man Of Steel, the Toby Maguire Spider-Man films vs. The Amazing Spider-Man, the old FF films vs. Trask's new project, etc. These studios are no longer waiting "years" to fix s*** or even restart franchises that have been huge profit-makers. Nolan's Dark Knight run is OVER and now it's going to be reimagined in the likeness of Man Of Steel so they can get their own Justice League movie off the ground. So basically, everyone is relaunching their stuff now...except FOX's X-Men. :rolleyes:

FOX stands to make a lot of $$$ by mixing their characters with the bigger selling franchises at Marvel, but there would have to be some conditions: Let's keep it real: there is no way that Marvel is going to allow Halle Berry as Storm in their universe, or a dead/MIA Cyclops, etc. That is all FOX's s*** and would die with a new envisioning of the franchise.

That sounds like a real possibility to me too.

And It's people like you with the Disney(and yes you should call It Disney and not MS.It and lucasfilm are simply part of disney) VS Fox arguements Is causing me to not to want to spend any money or time on any MCU anymore especilly since I hate the ultimate line which
the MCU Is based on>Plus most MS films aren't as good as X-Men,X2,and first Class.I am going meh with Iron Man 3.I am not going to spend any money on Thor:Dark world since I promised If the worthless character of marcy was In sequel I wouldn't spend a penny on It.And they are expanding her role.I have No Intrest In GOTG.Captain America:The WInter Soldier will depend on trailer and rather they have a villain as mastermind instead of Zola or Crossbones.And If avengers sequel Is just avengers as shield unit they comes together and goes apart at end of film again.Then I won't be giving them any of my money eather.

If you hate the X-Men films so much why post In DOFP threads.That makes no sense.

I have to disagree with most of the MS films not being as good as X-men and X2. Primarily X1. I still love it, but due to it's low budget at the time, it really does feel like a made for TV movie.

Also, Most of the MS films are based on 616 comics, they have touches here and there from the ultimates...but not many.

New movies with the original cast.

A lof of MS studios films since Iron Man 2 have been based a lot on ultimates.There was thread In avengers how much films are based on Ultimates.Ok I will give you the avengers are better than first X-Men I still prefer X2 and first Class over avengers.But as for their solo films sorry I prefer The good X-men films over them.

And since I hate trailer for Man of steel and will not spend a penny on It I hope They don't try to copy It.

So If you want an X-Men film based on ultimate X-men so be It.Days of future past may be last X-Men film I spend any money on.

As much as I enjoyed the first two X-men films, I agree with LS that it would be nice to start fresh and see if they can do an even better(and yes, more accurate job) with the characters.

What is everyone's appeal with the original cast?

I find it funny that some of you won't let go, as if they're the only ones who could ever play these characters. This being their fourth film...they've had their time, lets move on.

A lof of MS studios films since Iron Man 2 have been based a lot on ultimates.There was thread In avengers how much films are based on Ultimates.Ok I will give you the avengers are better than first X-Men I still prefer X2 and first Class over avengers.But as for their solo films sorry I prefer The good X-men films over them.

And since I hate trailer for Man of steel and will not spend a penny on It I hope They don't try to copy It.

So If you want an X-Men film based on ultimate X-men so be It.Days of future past may be last X-Men film I spend any money on.

Nice try, but I never said I wanted an X-men film based on the Ultimates. I'm a 616 guy all the way. The fact that you shoved that in your post, basically saying whoever(or just me)wants a new start to the franchise with a new cast must just like the ultimates is ridiculous.

I just found most of MS films to be fun and they were done well. I still love X1 and X2, and really love First Class.

What do you mean by you hope they won't try to copy Man of Steel? In what way?

If they are planning to reboot the X-Men series, don't you think they should announce it after DOFP is released. They would just alienate people to watch DOFP next year by this reboot announcement. And this isn't like the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"