Horror 28 Years Later

HUMAN

Sidekick
Reaction score
In March 2007, Boyle announced plans to create a third chapter of the film franchise, which will be given the title 28 Months Later with a 2009 release date,[34] thus creating a trilogy. Boyle has stated that his thoughts are to set the movie in Russia.[35]

In June 2007, it was announced that if DVD sales of the film did well Fox Atomic would consider producing the third film.[36]

In July 2007, while promoting the film Sunshine, Boyle revealed that he has a story formulating for the next film "There is an idea for the next one, something which would move [the story] on. I've got to think about it, whether it's right or not." Boyle also revealed that he would return as the director.[37] Alex Garland might be considered in writing the story with Boyle, but no announcements have been made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Weeks_Later#Sequel

I hope the third one takes place in a really post-apocalyptic world. Not have it just England based, but show another location entirely. It'd also be nice to have some of the cast members from both "Days" and "Weeks" coming together in the third film.

I sure hope it's better then Weeks. The new director was awful.

Was weeks any good, i've yet to watch it...

did it still have a british feel to it or was it completely american looking

I liked it, but nowhere near as much as the first. It was mostly British, it just had Americans spliced in at points. But I'm glad Boyle will get behind the camera again.

It was also sloppy and poorly developed. It was nowhere as intriguing as the first, which was sad.

It was also sloppy and poorly developed. It was nowhere as intriguing as the first, which was sad.

Well, the thing I think which captured so much attention in the first one was the odd set of characters thrown into the mix. Whereas in this one you for the most part had your typical horror film characters, but some realized through children instead of whinny teenagers.

The other thing is that in the first film zombies weren't the only thing you needed to be afraid of.

I knew this was gonna happen. I called it right when weeks came out.

"Cause if you with us, you with us." -- Chris Partlow

Was weeks any good, i've yet to watch it...

did it still have a british feel to it or was it completely american looking

Imo '28 weeks' was better that '28 days';don't understand why ppl don't like it as much.

Well, the thing I think which captured so much attention in the first one was the odd set of characters thrown into the mix. Whereas in this one you for the most part had your typical horror film characters, but some realized through children instead of whinny teenagers.

The other thing is that in the first film zombies weren't the only thing you needed to be afraid of.

Weeks just tried too hard to comment on society/iraq or to make the military bad. And it just was sloppy.

Imo '28 weeks' was better that '28 days';don't understand why ppl don't like it as much.

Because Days was a good movie, it had a lot of themes and development. It wasn't just a silly horror flick.

Weeks was just a silly horror flick, which is probably why you like it better. Yeah lots of blood and action, Woo! :o

I love 28 Days Later, I also liked 28 Weeks Later. I certainly can't wait for the third film.

Hopefully this is the last one. I really can't imagine a "28 Years Later"

"28 weeks later" is for "28 days later" what "Aliens" was for "Alien" : bigger, more action but yet very good in a different way (IMO)

I'm of course very excited about a third one directed by Boyle

Because Days was a good movie, it had a lot of themes and development. It wasn't just a silly horror flick.

Weeks was just a silly horror flick, which is probably why you like it better. Yeah lots of blood and action, Woo! :o

To each is own,dude. Just cause you didn't like it, don't knock the next person for liking it.

I sure hope it's better then Weeks. The new director was awful.

I agree! Especially what's in bold. It was worth watching once but felt kind of empty compared to the first one.

I'm glad Boyle is back. In heard he directed the first scene of 28 weeks, and that was the best scene in the movie to me.

Weeks was good, but Days had much better characters, a terrific apocalyptic look, and was just scarier to me. I just cared more about what was going on in 28 days later. I hope 28 months later will do that too.

Yeah, killing off characters just for shock was a downside to 28 Weeks Later... you all know who I am talking about... he went out in a blaze of glory.

Yeah, killing off characters just for shock was a downside to 28 Weeks Later... you all know who I am talking about... he went out in a blaze of glory.
He was killed, why you say it was just for shock? I think he just die during the story... Not everyone has to make it alive...

I know. But it seemed like they just introduced interesting characters and got rid of them before their time. And I think when you add up all the things that went on with his death, there is a good case for shock death.

And there is almost no debating the other death via night vision scope. That was for shock.

28 days did a better job of launching zombies into a new category of "good horror." Fast, Brutal, Unforgiving, Unexpecting. Made it seem like you truly were in a post apocalyptic society, were you were reduced to fight, of flight, even if that means one of your allies was contaminated.
The ending bit of the movie where they met up with the rogue military trying to create a new society was rather anti-climatic and pretty much stupid. Mines explode on the lawn sending zombie blood flying all over the air btw....

28 weeks later was still good, but horrible plot flaws.

I mean children leaving the "safe zone." Or actually even allowing people to move to Britain when the majority of the country wasn't completely secured or cleaned up for that matter. All you needed was some wacko, or children, to leave the confines of the new society. A free-less society at that. Then the janitor having access to a restricted bay was rather stupid. And they introduced a viral immunity which is possible, but rather pointless in a movie we all love where the characters are typical every day people.

Now if they introduce a Will Smith, I am Legend type of character who combats the infected due to his immunity, then Okay, but anything else is whatever, they just become carriers and basically have to be killed anyways.

Regardless to say, the movies are fast, VERY LOUD, and everything i've come to learn to love from a zombie horror movie. Like I said though, they really need to stay away from the immunity/carriers ala Resident Evil who is now a super powered human on zombie genes. Lameness. All 500 of those Alices.

I'd take 28 Weeks Later over the Resident Evil (movie) trilogy anyday. Paul Weally Sucks Anderson just screwed that franchise over. He may have gained a horror base, which brought in fair profits, but he lost the fandom that would have came from the games, which would have brought even MORE profits.

"28 weeks later" is for "28 days later" what "Aliens" was for "Alien" : bigger, more action but yet very good in a different way (IMO)

I'm of course very excited about a third one directed by Boyle
I agree I liked both movies in different ways. No sence of making copy and paste movie of 28 days,then ppl would complain it was just that.
28 weeks was good in different ways,though I think it overall lacked any scare/fear for ur life moments other than when he was running to the boat..
Whats 28 months gonna be like Dawn of the Dead they all held up at a mall or something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"