Sequels 3 was supposed to be 3 & 4

He-Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
Was listening to a local radio station (93.3) here in San Diego while driving into work and they were interviewing THC(Sandman) he said the original idea was to have Spider-Man 3 play out over 2 movies but Sam decided to pack everything into this movie. He said even though they put everything in this one it did come together nicely and there is closure on a lot of issues.

Yes, Ivan Raimi wrote a scriptment and since it really had a lot of stuff, Alvin Sargent decided to write it as 3 & 4, but he couldn't find a good cliffhanger for the third, so he decided just to put the most important stuff into one script.

Couldn't think of a good cliffhanger. Pfft. Just ask us! :hyper:

Couldn't think of a good cliffhanger :huh: Err, how about the birth of Venom scene? That would have been awesome.

I hate cliffhangers
it would have pissed me off so bad

I don't understand that either...cliffhanger.....they couldn't think of one?

what the hell is wrong with you people, did you WANT a cliffhanger?

Lol...cliffhanger, no cliffhanger...all fanboys are like women, :)

cliffhangers get you excited about the next movie,I don't know why some people hate them.

especially if the next movie's in the bag and coming out a year later.

the last scene in Spider-Man 3 wasnt that great. compared to the other 2, not even Spider-Man swiningin away i was dissapointed. cuz it could be maguire last spider-man.

Wouldn't that be cool if that's what we got anyway? With the IGN article some threads below this one about a character that lives and the different ending, wouldn't that be cool if that's what was happening right under our noses? And then 4 turned out to be bigger than 3. omg...:wow:

what the hell is wrong with you people, did you WANT a cliffhanger?
The point of this thread is that Spidey 3 and 4 were going to be filmed in conjunction with each other just like The Matrix 2 and 3. So of course there would have been some unresolved cliffhanger. I can't believe they couldn't think of one.

Well, Alvin Sargent said he wasn't happy with what he came up with the cliffhanger and so he decided to keep the most important aspects, taking out Vulture, and writing just one screenplay.

Should have had just Sandman and New Goblin as the villains in this film and saved Venom for the next film, IMO.

The point of this thread is that Spidey 3 and 4 were going to be filmed in conjunction with each other just like The Matrix 2 and 3. So of course there would have been some unresolved cliffhanger. I can't believe they couldn't think of one.

matrix 2 sucked! It was just 3 hours of crappy filler.
Thank god they didnt do that with Spider-Man. People want to go to the theater and see a resolution

lord knows we were pissed off when we went to see fellowship of the rings because we had never read the book. At least THOSE were good movies regardless

Well Empire Strikes Back and Kill Bill to me is the curve to that.

Matrix, Pirates, both end in cliff hangers and where so annoying and i felt it was a waste of money.

It would have been like Pirates 2 all over again. I'm glad that they stuck with a trilogy for this particular storyline.

Sorry Pirates fans, I thought that Pirates 2 was a few hours of my life that I will never get back. I have NO desire to see the 3rd one. You couldn't PAY me to see the 3rd one in theaters, especially after that LAME cliffhanger.

Well Empire Strikes Back and Kill Bill to me is the curve to that.

Matrix, Pirates, both end in cliff hangers and where so annoying and i felt it was a waste of money.

yah at least with Kill Bill you get resolution in the first one. Huge climatic ending with the crazy 88 and that final battle.

Have closure with all the other characters except Eddie Brock/Venom. Which would be a great cliffhanger.

What about Harry discovering Peter was Spider-Man, his hallucination that lead to finding out his father was the Green Goblin, and the secret room? Were fans or moviegoers upset that they didn't resolve the Harry storyline? Harry shows up at the wedding of MJ/John with a dark green bow tie and certain look of arrogance on his face. And that's it. That's a bit of a cliffhanger; which would be the same exact thing of Eddie becoming Venom. All the other characters are tied up. You have Eddie becoming Venom and then Pete/MJ have a final scene.

Flash
Spider-Man 4 Thanksgiving 2008
on the screen

SM4 has Venom stalking Pete and terrorizing him and MJ with Vulture on the side causing havoc.

Have closure with all the other characters except Eddie Brock/Venom. Which would be a great cliffhanger.

What about Harry discovering Peter was Spider-Man, his hallucination that lead to finding out his father was the Green Goblin, and the secret room? Were fans or moviegoers upset that they didn't resolve the Harry storyline? Harry shows up at the wedding of MJ/John with a dark green bow tie and certain look of arrogance on his face. And that's it. That's a bit of a cliffhanger; which would be the same exact thing of Eddie becoming Venom. All the other characters are tied up. You have Eddie becoming Venom and then Pete/MJ have a final scene.

Flash
on the screen

SM4 has Venom stalking Pete and terrorizing him and MJ with Vulture on the side causing havoc.

that's not the type of cliffhanger
Spider-Man 2 didn't have a cliffhanger
He defeated Doc Ock, saved the day, got the girl... resolution

Flash
on the screen

^
And see Venom take MJ as hostage again at the final battle:whatever:It's bad enough to see MJ as a hostage at every final battle,but at least we have different villains doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"