• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Superman Returns 44 days later...

$383.5 million worldwide. It won't pass $200m in the US or $400 worldwide at the box office. Still its made TW back its production budget.

I think it will just about level out at $385 million worldwide.

SpiderDaniel said:
I`m tired to see people comparing BB numbers with SR. Batman came from a destroyed franchise, with 5 recent movies. The last Superman movie was 20 years ago and its a shame that SR barely passed BB numbers. Singer blew his chance to me.

Seems to me Batman had a bigger hill to climb with a wrecked franchise still fresh in people's minds.....

Batman stay kicking Superman's corny ass:word:

Super_Ludacris said:
Seems to me Batman had a bigger hill to climb with a wrecked franchise still fresh in people's minds.....

Superman had too many shows fresh in peoples minds. Lois & Clark, Smallville etc. Superman has never left the small screen, and therefore isn't anything new or fresh for most to want to see Superman Returns.

$198 million in the US. It made just over $500K in the last week.
I'm guessing IMAX is holding this up?

Cant see it scraping that $200 million mark now. Which is a bummer.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Cant see it scraping that $200 million mark now. Which is a bummer.

If it can take another 4-500k this week it has a slim shot.

Ok, Tuesdays figures in:

Superman Returns
Screens: 144
Tuesday Total: $37,418
Total: 198,078,865

Pirates Of The Caribbean
Screens: 1039
Tuesday Total: $85,000

When you see it like that Superman is holding on its limited screens very well
considering it didn't make what we expected it to. I think if it continues making $30K a day and continue making 6 figure numbers on the weekends we could hit the 200 million.

Superman Returns took $300K on the weekend.
Now upto $198.447M

^Definately wont pass the $200 million mark now, i think we will have to accept it peeps. Hopefully we will still get a sequel though.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
^Definately wont pass the $200 million mark now, i think we will have to accept it peeps. Hopefully we will still get a sequel though.

Nope, but its going to get pretty close. I reckon it'll top out at 199.3. For the limited screens its still on, its performing pretty decently though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"