5.16 Hypnotic - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Crisis Superman said:
Well this show is based more off the precrisis, so maybe Clarks powers are that ridiculously powerful
I love it!! :up: :D

The latest press release from The WB:

James Marsters reprises his role on SMALLVILLE as college professor Dr. Milton Fine, alter ego of the evil Brainiac, a classic DC Comics villain and one of the Man of Steel's most formidable enemies. Brainiac returns to manipulate Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) obsession with the spaceship to trick him into helping free General Zod from the Fortress of Solitude. The story arc begins with the episode "Hypnotic," which will air this spring. Marsters is well known to The WB's audience as the vampire Spike in the critically acclaimed hit series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and its successful spin-off "Angel." Marsters’ additional television credits include a guest appearance on the series "Northern Exposure," "Strange Frequency" and "Andromeda." His feature film credits include "The House on Haunted Hill" and "Winding Roads."

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060116wb01

Brainiac is BACK!!! All hail. :D :up:

PS: I had no IDEA Marsters had a guesty on Northern Exposure. :eek:

AgentPat said:

James Marsters reprises his role on SMALLVILLE as college professor Dr. Milton Fine, alter ego of the evil Brainiac, a classic DC Comics villain and one of the Man of Steel's most formidable enemies. Brainiac returns to manipulate Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) obsession with the spaceship to trick him into helping free General Zod from the Fortress of Solitude. The story arc begins with the episode "Hypnotic," which will air this spring. Marsters is well known to The WB's audience as the vampire Spike in the critically acclaimed hit series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and its successful spin-off "Angel." Marsters’ additional television credits include a guest appearance on the series "Northern Exposure," "Strange Frequency" and "Andromeda." His feature film credits include "The House on Haunted Hill" and "Winding Roads."

YEAH BRAINIAC IS BACK & Better Than ever. Awesome news. :supes:

WOW he comes back & asks Lex for help ? He probably bargains with Lex with telling him he will tell him Clarks Secret if Lex helps him or something

AgentPat said:

When I heard the title for this episode I had a feeling that Brainiac would be back.

From Idsanty, who is the spoilers poster/moderator at DTS.

Rumour has it that James Marsters will be playing Zod. Brainaic was created in Zod's Image.That's the Rumour anyway.

Spaceballs said:
WOW he comes back & asks Lex for help ? He probably bargains with Lex with telling him he will tell him Clarks Secret if Lex helps him or something
Spaceballs, read that synop again. Brainiac manipulates Lex and tricks him. There's no "asking" involved here. It will probably be similar to what he did to Clark, except he'll use a different approach with Lex. And while Lex maybe smart, he aint Kryptonian. The only advantage Lex will have - if you can call it that - is that Lex isn't as naive as Clark. But he's also obsessed, so that will play to Fine's advantage.

This whole season has been off the hook!!! Totally amazing.

avidreader said:
From Idsanty, who is the spoilers poster/moderator at DTS.
Meh. I think Marsters has been doing an AWESOME job, and as great as he would be as Zod, I'd prefer a different actor play that character. Keep bringing Brainiac back - that's totally fine (pun intended), but lets have somebody else as Zod. Please? :(

AgentPat said:
Spaceballs, read that synop again. Brainiac manipulates Lex and tricks him. There's no "asking" involved here. It will probably be similar to what he did to Clark, except he'll use a different approach with Lex. And while Lex maybe smart, he aint Kryptonian. The only advantage Lex will have - if you can call it that - is that Lex isn't as naive as Clark. But he's also obsessed, so that will play to Fine's advantage.

This whole season has been off the hook!!! Totally amazing.

Awesome!

This sounds like a terrific way to bring back Fine... Can't wait to see Marsters again.

triplet said:
Awesome!

This sounds like a terrific way to bring back Fine... Can't wait to see Marsters again.

I want to see Fine do this to Lex

untitled3pc.gif

:up:

You know once Lex finds out Fine USED him they get into a rumble & BAM

Although Fine has a good chance of Clark doing something similiar to him

Brainiac returns to manipulate Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) obsession with the spaceship to trick him into helping free General Zod from the Fortress of Solitude. The story arc begins with the episode "Hypnotic," which will air this spring.

Whoa, some just came to my mind is it possible Lex is going to get to go the Fortress Of Solitude . And if so, How is he going to Free Zod ? If I remember from "Solitude" Brainiac couldn't free Zod on his own. Only Clark/ Kal-EL could by placing the "Dark purple crystal" into the control Panel that would "Destroy The F.O.S. " & "Free Zod" .

Kal-El 8 said:
Whoa, some just came to my mind is it possible Lex is going to get to go the Fortress Of Solitude . And if so, How is he going to Free Zod ? If I remember from "Solitude" Brainiac couldn't free Zod on his own. Only Clark/ Kal-EL could by placing the "Dark purple crystal" into the control Panel that would "Destroy The F.O.S. " & "Free Zod" .

I bet Fine has a Plan B

We finally have a Solid Story Arc for (Season 5)
( Brainiac's Mission to Free General Zod.)

NOW THE REAL FUN BEGINS.

With the Return Of Brainiac Official now, It only a matter of time before Two evil Kryptonians Nam-Ek & Aethyr from "Arrival" Return

as Al Gough had promised .

We can expect an encore performance from those Kryptonian thugs who Clark sent into an extradimensional prison (one that seemed a lot like the Phantom Zone of Superman II). "I don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say that you haven't seen the last of them and Brainiac is a key to that," [reveals Al Gough ]source TV GUIDE ONLINE.

I'm looking forward to Hypnotic much more than Reckoning right now. With the news of James Marsters returning to smallville as "Brainiac" & The promise of a Story Arc (Brainiac, Lex & Zod.) My "Hype" meter is up To The MAX . :supes:

Spaceballs said:
I bet Fine has a Plan B

"While flying by the seat of your pants, nothing sounds more official than a Plan B."

What kind of plan B could he have?

I wonder if Brainiac will tell Lex about Clark.

GarudA said:
I wonder if Brainiac will tell Lex about Clark.

IMO braniac is too smart for that. His knowledge of Clarks secret is too great to tell to a mere human. Braniac is always looking at the bigger picture, and him taking advantage of the fact that he knows but lex doesn't will be his wild card.

New spoilers..

Ask Ausiello 2/8:

Question: Now, can I please have some scoop on Alias? Or Lost. Or Smallville? Please?

Ausiello: Here's some Smallville dirt: Episode 16 is sure to be slapped with a Beef Wellington warning when a mysterious woman shows up wearing a hypnotic crystal and turns Clark into her sex slave. Naturally, Lana walks in on them just as they're about to bump humps. She'll eventually forgive him — he was in a trance, after all — but it's still the end of the road for Supercouple. After seeing how much pain hiding his true identity always seems to cause her, Clark decides that the time has come to break things off. Guess whose shoulder she cries on? If you picked Lex, you're right!

Is that woman you Pat? :O LOL :D

KalKai said:
New spoilers..

Ask Ausiello 2/8:

Question: Now, can I please have some scoop on Alias? Or Lost. Or Smallville? Please?

Ausiello: Here's some Smallville dirt: Episode 16 is sure to be slapped with a Beef Wellington warning when a mysterious woman shows up wearing a hypnotic crystal and turns Clark into her sex slave. Naturally, Lana walks in on them just as they're about to bump humps. She'll eventually forgive him — he was in a trance, after all — but it's still the end of the road for Supercouple. After seeing how much pain hiding his true identity always seems to cause her, Clark decides that the time has come to break things off. Guess whose shoulder she cries on? If you picked Lex, you're right!

Now that sounds a bit silly.

KalKai said:
New spoilers..

...Episode 16 is sure to be slapped with a Beef Wellington warning when a mysterious woman shows up wearing a hypnotic crystal and turns Clark into her sex slave....

OMFG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm soooooooooooo all over this episode like a baaaaad owfit!!!! LMFAO!!!!

wave.gif
wave.gif
wave.gif

Well now...this is unexpected. A little bit of Unsafe revisited?? So we have Brainiac returning and Clark having *almost* sex.

Okay. I'm good. :)

rumpuso said:
Well now...this is unexpected. A little bit of Unsafe revisited?? So we have Brainiac returning and Clark having *almost* sex.

Hopefully Brainiac will have most of the screentime

rumpuso said:

thumbsup.gif

Doesn't get much better than that, does it Rumpuso? ;)

Red X said:
Hopefully Brainiac will have most of the screentime
Bite your tongue, Red. :p

KalKai said:
New spoilers..

Ask Ausiello 2/8:

Sounds more like a combination of Desiree and Alicia.
So.. does this mean that Clark and Lana are back together again prior to this? It sounds like it. And they break up again?

*sigh*.. Honestly, the things I put up with just to see Clark have "near-sex." It comes down to priorities, I guess. ;) :hyper::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"