5.22 - Vessel (Season Finale Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old news, but K-site mentions Glover talking about J.S.:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He's here today, actually," Glover says. "There's a nice twist to who he is in this episode. He's made a couple appearances. There was some Krypton-ese thing where he comes back. This is his second appearance after that."

Kinda makes me think that JS may indeed play Jor-el while Marsters may play ZOD. No news has been released on any sort of casting. My assumption is its being filmed and we would have heard if they cast an unkown or well-known for the roll of ZOD.
[/FONT]

JAX said:
Old news, but K-site mentions Glover talking about J.S.:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He's here today, actually," Glover says. "There's a nice twist to who he is in this episode. He's made a couple appearances. There was some Krypton-ese thing where he comes back. This is his second appearance after that."

Kinda makes me think that JS may indeed play Jor-el while Marsters may play ZOD. No news has been released on any sort of casting. My assumption is its being filmed and we would have heard if they cast an unkown or well-known for the roll of ZOD.
[/FONT]

I think the general consensus is that John Schneider will be in the previous episode, Oracle.

Hmmm... interesting.

You might be right, however, avid...

triplet said:
Hmmm... interesting.

You might be right, however, avid...

JAX can only speculate. 9.9 times out 10 I'm way off.

Re: Clark, air, and a plane...and that other thing coming out...

...connect the dots in-between set-up and number 6, and you might get a little ... "Touche" ;)

(once again, I think Pat's got the right idea...)

:cool:

:confused:

JackMercy said:

...connect the dots in-between set-up and number 6, and you might get a little ... "Touche"

Is Jack's post referring to this post of Pat's?

AgentPat said:
smug.gif

From Ausiello:
Lois and another major character [Martha? :p] will end up on an airplane that's locked in autopilot:​
crusade17.jpg

From Crusade:
Bridgette Crosby: Martha, I can help you if you'll let me. Now where's your son?

Martha: I don't know. He flew. He flew away.

Bridgette: So he's... He has completely embraced his Kryptonian destiny.

From Ausiello:
This season's cliff-hanger will revolve around a huge choice Clark must make.​
Ah... to embrace or not to embrace, that is the question. [thinking]

velocity2.jpg

Not getting any younger, Clark. And that plane is getting further away (not that it matters.)

crusade18.jpg

CLIFFHANGER...

crusade19.jpg

...Or, it could just be a one-liner, like "Son of Jor-El..." etc. etc., followed by the KNEEL! thing. LOL

triplet said:
Is Jack's post referring to this post of Pat's?
Heh. Lessee... Here's my take on Jack's take of my take...

"Dueling franchises" is more than just a funny - albeit accurate - description for the fandom. Every time the bar is set, it becomes the new quality benchmark for the "competition."

Fans following along with various rumored details of that other franchise know there's a visual effects extravaganza wrapped around a scene involving Superman saving people on a... um... "plane." *cough* Spoilers for Vessel are pointing towards a similar situation in Smallville. But "our" Clark doesn't fly.

Yet.

The bar has been set. The challenge has been issued. GO!

Flash forward to the premiere for SV's S6, which will be a couple of months *after* Matt Beck et al have had time to... um... uh, do some homework.

Tune in sometime in September to hear, "Touché."

Okay, you lost me when you started talking about Matt Beck... Who is he?

And where does a fencing term come into this?

Maybe you should PM me with the magic decoder ring...

My brother was supposed to tape tonight's Smallville for me but he stopped it after 15 minutes because he hated the episode so bad and he says that now he's not a dedicated Smallville fan anymore. :(

Tell me, was the episode really that awful? According to him the show has jumped the shark to him now. :(

No, it wasn't that awful... I liked it. It wasn't the best ever, but better than average...

I'd probably give it a 3 or 3.5...

triplet said:
Okay, you lost me when you started talking about Matt Beck... Who is he?

And where does a fencing term come into this?

Maybe you should PM me with the magic decoder ring...

Matt Beck is the Special Effects Supervisor.

Timstuff said:
My brother was supposed to tape tonight's Smallville for me but he stopped it after 15 minutes because he hated the episode so bad and he says that now he's not a dedicated Smallville fan anymore. :(

Tell me, was the episode really that awful? According to him the show has jumped the shark to him now. :(

Like Melly said in the Hypnotic Thread, which I thought was a very good point, it was an episode setting up the remainder of the season. Sometimes its a hard thing to pull off.

avidreader said:
Matt Beck is the Special Effects Supervisor.
:up:

He's with Entity FX. I think I spelled his name wrong though. I think it's just "Mat," not "Matt."

And Timstuff, slap your brother for me LOL. There'd be steam shooting out my ears if I asked somebody to tape a SV ep for me and they decided 15 minutes in to stop the tape because they felt the show had "jumped the shark."

Uh. Muh. Gawd!! Yeah, blood everywhere, folks. :mad:

AgentPat said:

He's with Entity FX. I think I spelled his name wrong though. I think it's just "Mat," not "Matt."

And Timstuff, slap your brother for me LOL. There'd be steam shooting out my ears if I asked somebody to tape a SV ep for me and they decided 15 minutes in to stop the tape because they felt the show had "jumped the shark."

Blame the writers not everyone will like everything. Besides there are always "alternate" ways to see Episodes :o

AgentPat said:

Got that from avid...

So, what's with the touché at the end?

I'm still confused but oh, well... That's nothing new. :D

AgentPat said:

I'd love to know what people's interpretations of jumping the shark are. If its that they throw in a gimmick because they're getting desperate for viewers then that's clearly not the case.

This show has two more seasons at most left. So they need to start getting things to a point where they can finish them off.

triplet said:
So, what's with the touché at the end?
It's just an expression.

tou·ché
Used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or a successful criticism or an effective point in argument.
...or an impressive feature quality visual effects' job done on a television budget.​
:p

JackMercy said:

...connect the dots in-between set-up and number 6, and you might get a little ... "Touche" ;)

Touche . . . . sounds like it may be a win-win.

Always leave them wanting more. Who knows that better than you Jack?

Who is this Jack guy anyway ? Has he prooven to be someone wtih connectoins to WB or something ? I see so many of you refer to him like hes an insider & believing everything he says

Dnsk said:
Who is this Jack guy anyway ? Has he prooven to be someone wtih connectoins to WB or something ? I see so many of you refer to him like hes an insider & believing everything he says

Now, that would be telling.
icon6.gif
icon12.gif

From Ksite.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Big News To Be Posted This Weekend
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have some very big Smallville news for you that unfortunately is being embargoed so we cannot post it until after midnight (ET) tonight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, be sure to come to KryptonSite after midnight for some very major information regarding this season's finale!
[/FONT]

Could it be news on the casting of Zod! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"