6.04 Arrow - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Brainiac 8 said:
What you missed was this:

Martha: but Lionel, you killed my husband, why give me jewlrey now?

Lionel: Because I can, and because it was collecting dust in Luthorcorps vault.

Martha: Gee thanks! *Swoon*

Next scene:

Ollie: Lois don't make a fool of yourself by saying stupid things. Let me introduce you to someone you will obviously insult.:wow: :woot: :cwink: :oldrazz:

LOL. Actually that's what should have happened.

avidreader said:
According to the review I just read there was conversation between Martha and Lionel, and Lionel giving Martha the necklace.

There was also a conversation between Ollie and Lois and Ollie introducing Lois.

Oh snap. Yeah, that's right. But still, not much. :cwink:

Its funny, after reading through some comments about Clark not using his x-ray vision to discover the Arrow's identity, it suddenly occurred to me that Clark didnt need to discover his identity at that point in time.

There was no reason for him to assume that the Green Arrow was anybody other than the Green Arrow and that it was the Green Arrow that needed stopping not his alter identity.

It was only after he recognised the Coat of Arms that it clicked with him that Green Arrow was a mask for his real identity, Oliver Queen.

I also found it interesting that Lois's crusade is about unmasking the Green Arrow. What will happen if and when she finds out? Does that set her story up for the future in regards to Superman?

When Superman arrives on the scene in the future, in no incarnation that I can think of, does Lois ever suspect that Superman has a secret identity. Her suspcions arise as a consequence of Clark Kent's behavior.

Clark's X-Ray vision, no longer seems to provide chromatic information. He can't do things like look through a girls skirt. His X-Ray vision seems to be quite literal. So even if he did look at Ollie with X-ray vision, all he would see, is his bone structure.

avidreader said:
Its funny, after reading through some comments about Clark not using his x-ray vision to discover the Arrow's identity, it suddenly occurred to me that Clark didnt need to discover his identity at that point in time.

There was no reason for him to assume that the Green Arrow was anybody other than the Green Arrow and that it was the Green Arrow that needed stopping not his alter identity.

It was only after he recognised the Coat of Arms that it clicked with him that Green Arrow was a mask for his real identity, Oliver Queen.

I also found it interesting that Lois's crusade is about unmasking the Green Arrow. What will happen if and when she finds out? Does that set her story up for the future in regards to Superman?

When Superman arrives on the scene in the future, in no incarnation that I can think of, does Lois ever suspect that Superman has a secret identity. Her suspcions arise as a consequence of Clark Kent's behavior.

justify it however you want, it was poor writing. It was done merely to add 2 minutes to the episode, 2 minutes which could have been used to do something far more interesting.

Superfreak said:
justify it however you want, it was poor writing. It was done merely to add 2 minutes to the episode, 2 minutes which could have been used to do something far more interesting.
Do you have any suggestions for what could have been far more interesting to do with the two minutes then? :huh:

I think it has already been stated that clark can't see through levels at the moment. His X-Ray vision is quite literally X-Ray at the moment. It will be a while before he can look through an elevator and see who is in it, or look through skirts and see panties. Right now, if he looks through things, he just sees skeletons and muscle mass, like a real X-ray. So how exactly, was he going to look through a mask, to see the face behind it? He'd just see a skull. And if you don't believe me, look at

Cyborg2.gif

Arach Knight said:
I think it has already been stated that clark can't see through levels at the moment. His X-Ray vision is quite literally X-Ray at the moment. It will be a while before he can look through an elevator and see who is in it, or look through skirts and see panties. Right now, if he looks through things, he just sees skeletons and muscle mass, like a real X-ray. So how exactly, was he going to look through a mask, to see the face behind it? He'd just see a skull. And if you don't believe me, look at

Cyborg2.gif

I don't think the fact that they've chosen to not show Clark seeing through things without going into x-ray vision means that he's lost the ability...

He was shown to be able to see through a wall and clothes before back in season one, I don't think anything has explicitely stated that he has lost that ability since.

This was a review of the episode Red from tv.com:

"At the Talon, Clark shows up late and suggest to Pete, Lana and Chloe that they blow off studying the Red Scare (hee!) for American History and go to a bar instead. Lana and Chloe move away to get coffee (decaf for Clark) and Clark informs Pete that Chloe has a birthmark on her cheek. Her other cheek. Pete tells Clark he'll be happy to hit the underage drinking scene at the weekend, but right now they all need to study. Bored now, Clark wanders out."

So he can adjust his x-ray strength, but everytime he uses it and we see it it's always the x-ray style.

Smallville_104_xray.jpg

That is a photo from him using his x-ray vision in season 1. So he can see color, but he is still seeing through the surface of their body. But clearly, Green Lanter above me, listed a contradiction to that circumstance. So I am willing to accept that he can adjust the intensity.

forgot about that one, but the point I was trying to make is that his x-ray vision isn't just the "x-ray" style. So in sense if he wanted to he could have used his x-ray vision to see who the Green Arrow really was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"