76 dead, 5 survivors in Brazilian soccer team plane crash

To be one of the survivors, that is hell to see all of your friends/teammates gone like this.

I'm Portuguese, i'm a big fan of football (soccer, as you call it).

Today i woke up to this sad sad news, i was heartbroken.

I never watched them play, but i knew them by name.
Just horrible.

RIP

Isildur´s Heir;34503019 said:
I'm Portuguese, i'm a big fan of football (soccer, as you call it).

Today i woke up to this sad sad news, i was heartbroken.

I never watched them play, but i knew them by name.
Just horrible.

RIP

Same.

My prayers go out to their families. :csad:

It's not the first time it has happened. There was another plane that ran out of fuel in 1990 from Bogota to New York while waiting for the clearance from JFK air traffic control to land and it crashed and a lot of people died. It had a lot to do with the psychology and the culture of the people in the cockpit. The pilots were almost scared of the air traffic controllers at JFK (who are apparently notorious for their aggressive instructions) and so when it came to trying to tell them that the plane was going to crash if they didn't land immediately, the pilots chose to go the passive route. The transcript from that crash is eerie. The plane is dangerously close to running out of fuel, but the first officer tells the air traffic controller: "Climb and maintain three thousand and ah we're running out of fuel sir." He was instructed by the pilot to tell JFK that they have an emergency, but the first officer never says the words. He just keeps saying that they're running low on fuel.

It sounds like this plane had just enough fuel to make the trip, but they were also held up because another plane had priority landing. It would be very unfortunate if the circumstances were similar to the other plane crash.

I wonder if that was preventable...that sounds like a horrendous oversight.
From what i've read, we have no idea how that is standard to save money.
Sometimes, it goes wrong.....

Capitalism at it's finest, money over lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"