88th Annual Academy Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
Out with the old. In with the new. :oldrazz:

I've done my research with the later releases in the year, and I feel as if though these film will have awards buzz. Or will at least be something to consider.

-Triple Nine
-Black Mass
-Pawn Sacrifice
-Steve Jobs
-St. James Place
-The Hateful Eight
-In the Heart of the Sea
-Joy
-Snowden
-The Revenant

Feel free to chime in about next year's Oscar race. :yay:

I'm calling it now!

Leo has so much bait with The Revenant, he will win.

Fassy is the only who can rain on his parade, but he doesn't seem to be as liked.

I'm gonna try to actually see a few of the Oscar movies this year. lol

Snowden is probably the number one contender for best movie right now.

Bleed for This
In the Heart of the Sea
Joy
Legend
Macbeth
Mr. Holmes
Silence(?)
Snowden
St. James Place
Steve Jobs
Suffragette
The Danish Girl
The Hateful Eight
The Revenant
The Sea of Trees
Trumbo

Why not? :o

Jennifer Lawrence will receive her 2nd Oscar win for Joy. It's also the year of the lesbian roles with both Cate Blanchett (Carol) and Julianne Moore (Freeheld) getting nominations.

Best Actor will come down to Di Caprio (Revenant), Cooper (Chef), and Jake Gyllenhaal (Demolition). Or just to piss people off... Eddie Redmayne will pull a back-to-back win with The Danish Girl. Have you guys seen the synopsis of that?! Talk about Oscar catnip. :hehe:

Last edited:
@Boom. I think Silence comes out next year.

Also, keep an eye out for Miles Teller in Bleed for This.

Keep an eye out for Miles Teller in Fantastic Four. :o

I wonder if the film Concussion starring Will Smith will get awards consideration?

^ The director gives me pause.

Also, keep an eye out for Miles Teller in Bleed for This.

I'm actually really excited for this. Hoping Miles goes for the hat trick after The Spectacular Now and Whiplash, in 2013 and 2014, respectively. :awesome: :up:

2014 was a phenomenal year for film. You have a lot to live up to, 2015!

Orson Welle's never-before-seen film, The Other Side of the Wind, may be getting a release this year. It's a Hollywood satire.

The big guys are coming next year

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/off-the-carpet-unexpected-virtue-at-the-87th-oscars
Next year will bring its own set of unique circumstances and, no doubt, its own bevy of talking points. González Iñárritu will be back, this time with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy in tow. Richard Linklater, too. Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be pitted against himself in two high-profile biopics at the end of the year. Sundance gems will attempt to weather the storm like "Boyhood" and "Whiplash." Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino will be back after a couple years away from the circuit. Jonathan Demme and Gus Van Sant will have offerings. And Guillermo del Toro will try and insinuate genre into the discussion like his good friends González Iñárritu and Alfonso Cuarón have done with comedy and science fiction the last two years.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention...virtue-at-the-87th-oscars#26odQ8WfWo17Ugze.99

Honestly, the voting system is so ****ed up now I would actually prefer it if they went back to five.

Last edited:
I agree with five, too. Usually it's gotten down to three or four actual contenders and everything else is just "popular/ prestigious but it doesn't have a chance" fodder.

Mr. Holmes teaser trailer:

Don't forget about Bridges of Spies, starring Tom Hanks, directed by Steve Spielberg, written by the Coen Brothers and composed by John Williams.

This film could be a big winner in terms of scoring, directing, best actor and screenplay.

I hope Amy Adams finally wins her Oscar in the next three years.

Oscars producer says there will be two hosts for next year's ceremony

The Oscars are looking for a dynamic duo.

Two people will handle emcee duties at the 2016 Academy Awards, one of the newly announced producers tells EW. And it sounds like they already have a pair in mind.

“There will be multiple hosts for sure – there will be two,” says David Hill, the former Fox executive who will produce the show with Reginald Hudlin, a producer of Django Unchained and a former entertainment president at BET.

When asked why he thought two hosts would be better, Hill hesitated. “Two is better than one,” he said, before joking. “Just imagine, you’re in there. One of your hosts drops dead from cardiac arrest. What do you do? Second host goes on! And you keep going. … Note to self. Check out their heart rates.”

But it’s not much of a leap to figure that the answer to “why two” is simple: they have a team that’s already well-known in mind. And although Hill is not yet ready to reveal which pairing he and Hudlin want to host next year’s Oscars, there are a few obvious possibilities:

One of them is Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, whose Key & Peele sketch show is ending its run on Comedy Central on an ultra high-note. Their sense of humor is provocative, fearless, and covers a broad array of topics, from the serious to the silly. Among their fans: President Barack Obama, who had Key join him to recreate their “Luther the anger translator” sketch at this year’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner. If the Academy lands them, they’ll be getting two of pop culture’s strongest and funniest satirists.

Another option: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, who ended their three-year contract with the Golden Globes last December. Each of their shows for The Hollywood Foreign Press awards dinners was considered a knock-out, but they were prevented from doing any other hosting duties as a result. The Academy may not want to appear to be cribbing from the Globes, but if they go with Fey and Poehler, there won’t be many complaining. Oscar fans have been hoping for this for years.

The last time two people hosted the Oscars together was in 2011, when James Franco and Anne Hathaway delivered an appearance that was critically lambasted. The year before that, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin paired up in an appearance that was much more well-regarded.

From there, you’d have to go all the way back to 1987 to find multiple hosts, when Chevy Chase, Paul Hogan, and Goldie Hawn oversaw the show.

If they have any trouble landing their duo, Hill says he and Hudlin have a back-up plan: “If we run out of options, it’s going to be Reggie and me as hosts.”

Got a suggestion or a guess about who it’ll be? Leave it in the comments …

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/02/oscars-2016-hosts?hootPostID=6f62ad78c035115126cfed7752ada830

Key and Peele hosting would actually excite me to watch.

My dream combination for hosting any award show would be NPH and Wayne Brady.

Tracey Morgan and Neil Patrick Harris

Mel Gibson and Mel Brooks

Hulk Hogan and Kanye West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"